Recent Topics

Ads

Guild premades stomping weekend warfront

Let's talk about... everything else
thesilverlion

Guild premades stomping weekend warfront

Post#1 » Wed May 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Last weekend, Battle for Praag was practically unplayable for order as it was constantly being steamrolled by destro guild premades. In effect, it meant that the 50 percent weekend warfront was in reality -50 percent for pug order players as we just got stomped over and over and couldn't compete. I did try to form multiple premades (with other pug players) but we still couldn't do anything. In the end, I just played normal scenarios and couldn't take advantage of it.

I understand this is a team game, but for casuals that don't have much time to play (which I assume the weekend boost is there to attract), this is having the opposite effect.

Obviously for end game content like City and 6v6 ranked it's all about high level organization and team play, but this shouldn't be the case for weekend warfront, which should be there for more casual players to level up quicker and have fun. Right now, it's just an opportunity for organized guilds to farm pug players even harder.

If this was the intention of weekend warfront, please let me know.

Ads
lyncher12

Re: Guild premades stomping weekend warfront

Post#2 » Wed May 06, 2020 4:07 pm

thats why i was hoping for a pug warfront

Akilinus

Post#3 » Wed May 06, 2020 4:14 pm

Need to make a solo scenario where I can play vs bots. Otherwise I cant take part in the weekend warfront.
pls devs
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Kaelang

Post#4 » Wed May 06, 2020 4:16 pm

"I did try to form multiple premades (with other pug players) but we still couldn't do anything. In the end, I just played normal scenarios and couldn't take advantage of it."

So you're saying you tried to make a premade, but lost to a better premade, and now you want us to stop allowing premades all together?

Use /5 or find a guild to play with. This game isn't a solo game, and the weekend warfronts bring a new and competitive aspect to the weekends with guilds / friends enjoying the content.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Brakh

Post#5 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:55 am

Why there is a problem to do a solo warfront? From code perspective I think solution is already there. From gameplay perspective, cool incentive for casual players to participate.
And premades will face other premades in standard mode. Win for all situation.

M0rw47h

Post#6 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:04 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:16 pm Use /5 or find a guild to play with. This game isn't a solo game, and the weekend warfronts bring a new and competitive aspect to the weekends with guilds / friends enjoying the content.
Post of the week.

dansari

Post#7 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:44 pm

People were spamming praag scenario because the reward was a crit % pocket item lmao
<Salt Factory>

Starx

Post#8 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:46 pm

Do you happen to play MDPS OP? :^)

Ads
Halan

Post#9 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:43 pm

thesilverlion wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:06 pm Last weekend, Battle for Praag was practically unplayable for order as it was constantly being steamrolled by destro guild premades. In effect, it meant that the 50 percent weekend warfront was in reality -50 percent for pug order players as we just got stomped over and over and couldn't compete. I did try to form multiple premades (with other pug players) but we still couldn't do anything. In the end, I just played normal scenarios and couldn't take advantage of it.

I understand this is a team game, but for casuals that don't have much time to play (which I assume the weekend boost is there to attract), this is having the opposite effect.

Obviously for end game content like City and 6v6 ranked it's all about high level organization and team play, but this shouldn't be the case for weekend warfront, which should be there for more casual players to level up quicker and have fun. Right now, it's just an opportunity for organized guilds to farm pug players even harder.

If this was the intention of weekend warfront, please let me know.
to bad that you didnt que when we que because we won 100% from our sc no matter if there was a destru premade or not. Pretty sure that destru at that time thought "Battle for Praag was practically unplayable for Destru"

flatfoot1987

Post#10 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:57 pm

This game, just like the original game or most MMOs in general is a PUG game. No matter how many times people try to say otherwise.

The gameplay is driven by the PUG population majority who don't like excessive online obligations and/or avoid it because of real life obligations. Having multiple PUG options means being honest with yourself
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP