Recent Topics

Ads

gearing question in T2-T4

Let's talk about... everything else
KhorneBerserker

gearing question in T2-T4

Post#1 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:37 pm

What's current best way to gear up on the path to endgame gear?
I heard recent patch made full vanq set in tome of knowledge as obligatory for receiving invader tokens, is it true?
In some guides as this one for dok https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/vie ... 3&t=36102 there is such suggestion as this
Skip Vanquisher tier it takes too long to grind and by the time you would get it you will be well on your way to full invader, which is better. Use Conqueror(Trade down Vanq tokens since you do not need them) or get into ch22 groups for onslaught set, as a max level stepping stone set before Invader/Sov.
Is that suggestion outdated ?
As for dok, I have it 34/45 lvl - almost ready for anihilator set but is it worth it? (heal spec weapon 34 lvl is almost same as for 29 lvl, don't seem to worth it, currently in 27-29 lvl armor) After it - conq and vanq (with no option to skip because no invader tokens or crests) and invader as final, is it correct?
Where to find invader vendor? I see conq and vanq are pretty close to each other in IC 29.6k 54.3k
What about vendors for those Jewel1: Genesis Remnant of the Curative Jewel2: Invader Jewel3: Genesis Fragment of the Curative(You get tokens from bags in orvr) Jewel4: Sovereign ?

I almost in similar situation for choppa but I don't have enough emblems for mercenary (dps approach) but if it's sold via emblem vendor - does it mean it is considered off-spec approach? (Anihilator in medalion vendor looks like tanky approach, not good for wb rvr or sc, right?)
Should I consider ch22/ruins for my choppa case? Currently with devastator set 35/42 I feel lower dps than expected, at least looking by sc results.

And question about T2. I heard keeper's set is supposed to fill the gap between 15-17 lvl gear and 26-29 lvl but what's spec it stands for? For example I have bg 20/25, I used to have 2 completely diff sets of gear - for sc (offensive 2h - str tali) and snb (deffensive - wounds talismans) for rvr siege. Does that keeper's set suit for both sc and rvr? But what talismans should be used? Should I keep that approach? Or is it better to switch to 2h even in rvr in later game (at least when I receive renown skills like increasing block/parry chance based on harted) ?

Ads
growill

Re: gearing question in T2-T4

Post#2 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:20 pm

I can't speak about dok but throughout lv16 to 39 just keep on getting the best gear you can. Slot talismans too. Since you'll be boosted up to higher level all your stats through items get boosted esponentially.
After lv40 again I don't know what to say about dok, but generally you should get either conq or annihilator or a combination of both (a WL for instance might want to get 3 and 3 to get 2x the stats boosts) then work up to vanq. If you like/do rvr it's going to be quicker than invader. ACtually with the new changes you pretty much won't be able to do otherwise as you won't get invaders untill you'll unlock vanquisher.

If you don't mind doing pve there might be as good or better pve sets or set parts depending on your class.

Same goes with weapons, usually SC weapons are the way to go.
Keeper again is the t2 pve set. It's quick to make though you can most likely go for the sc/rvr sets and skip it.

That being said someone else might be able to help out more specifically on DOK. Though you might want to ask your questions in the race specific forum for more specific answers

KhorneBerserker

Post#3 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:45 pm

Sounds reasonable. I will check if it's worth mixing gear.

Actually the keeper's set is the main reason why I started it in general discussion section.
At least 3 people in game mentioned that it's filling gap set (that wasn't on live?) (that is usually better than rvr/sc sets of the same level) and was curious is it really true.

growill

Post#4 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:03 pm

I think they're about on par. Maybe slightly better dunno. Might be nice if you can get it but don't go nuts over it you'll be upgrading to the next tier of equipment in less than 10 levels, which are quick enough to come by so early on