Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked. how it is popular?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: So actually the question is do you play ranked and how often?

1. I play only ranked
7%
2. I often play
15%
3. I play several times a day
11%
4. I play several times a week
13%
5. I rarely play
17%
6. i never play
32%
7. what is it?
4%
Total votes: 99

Asherdoom

Re: Ranked. how it is popular?

Post#11 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:21 pm

Vayra wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:16 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:12 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:10 am I miss the option, "I try to play ranked but getno pop".
well ofc for join ranked you need full endgame set to join and not all server is dressed like that plus many are casuals players and the rest do not care at all
on top of that you get nothing from ranked scenarios that you can get without doin them so basically they created a totally useless feature and the proof is the endless queue during offpeaak times :/
at least give some gear obtainable only via ranked so ppl feel motivated to join pretty much like wow arena where you need arena currency and mmr to buy a piece
Didn't they literally just add armor sets that are only available via ranked?
i sdo not think so my dear. vendors got same armors etc obtainable through invaders and stuff so far is saw nothing new (gonna double check IC in case! ;D)

Ads
RuffRyder

Post#12 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:22 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:10 am I miss the option, "I try to play ranked but getno pop".
This.
Thunderbragi wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:29 am I play often, i think thats a cool sc version, and its realy quick done. But the pop is realy long
I'd even go a bit further and say: Regular SCs are the pain, I would take ranked over them any day.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#13 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:23 pm

well ofc for join ranked you need full endgame set to join and not all server is dressed like that plus many are casuals players and the rest do not care at all
on top of that you get nothing from ranked scenarios that you can get without doin them so basically they created a totally useless feature and the proof is the endless queue during offpeaak times :/
at least give some gear obtainable only via ranked so ppl feel motivated to join pretty much like wow arena where you need arena currency and mmr to buy a piece
Yes...but hey, being competitive player is a full time job...no time to check patchnotes...

TreefAM

Post#14 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:26 pm

Honestly the ranked gear is kinda meh for most classes, but I can see that you might be able to mixmatch some of it with your sov/warlord sets.
Been trying a couple of different setups on my bg, and if I'm not running the warlord, might as well switch it out for the 2%crit chance and 2%parry from certain ranked sc pieces.
But yeah, been having a hard time getting ranked pops these days, last fight I had was 5v5 with order having only 1healer so that ended pretty fast.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#15 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:31 pm

Spoiler:
Asherdoom wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:21 pm

i sdo not think so my dear. vendors got same armors etc obtainable through invaders and stuff so far is saw nothing new (gonna double check IC in case! ;D)
From pachnotes: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=37910

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:51 pm
[Ranked Scenario Rewards]
-A new emblem currency has been introduced for Ranked Scenario game modes: Victorious Emblems.
-Winning a match will result in a gain of 20 emblems at maximum. Losses will result in a maximum of 5. The amount rewarded is based on your match participation and the length of the match.
-Every Monday, you will receive between 1 and 750 tokens depending on your matchmaking rating at the end of the week, and number of games played for that week as long as you have played 5 games per week.
-Ranked has a significantly higher Renown/XP gain than normal scenarios. XP can be used to level your guilds even at 40.
-Victorious Emblems are used to purchase unique gear during a season.
-Vendors have been added to the War Quarter in Altdorf for Order, and to The Undercroft in The Inevitable City.
-In order to qualify for the vendors, you must have 60 Games Played for the CURRENT season. If you have the currency, but not the match requirement for the currently active season you will receive an error message telling you how many more games you need to play to be able to qualify.
-If there is no currently active season, you will be unable to purchase rewards. Please make sure to purchase rewards by the end of the season.
-The price of the gear is dependent on your current matchmaking rating at the time of using the vendor. As you progress through the season you may see the merchant prices fluxuate. The prices may seem high at first, but remember, you need 60 matches to be able to qualify for rewards and can always improve your rating.

Asherdoom

Post#16 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:35 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:31 pm
Spoiler:

-A new emblem currency has been introduced for Ranked Scenario game modes: Victorious Emblems.
-Winning a match will result in a gain of 20 emblems at maximum. Losses will result in a maximum of 5. The amount rewarded is based on your match participation and the length of the match.
-Every Monday, you will receive between 1 and 750 tokens depending on your matchmaking rating at the end of the week, and number of games played for that week as long as you have played 5 games per week.
-Ranked has a significantly higher Renown/XP gain than normal scenarios. XP can be used to level your guilds even at 40.
-Vendors have been added to the War Quarter in Altdorf for Order, and to The Undercroft in The Inevitable City.
-In order to qualify for the vendors, you must have 60 Games Played for the CURRENT season. If you have the currency, but not the match requirement for the currently active season you will receive an error message telling you how many more games you need to play to be able to qualify.
-If there is no currently active season, you will be unable to purchase rewards. Please make sure to purchase rewards by the end of the season.
-The price of the gear is dependent on your current matchmaking rating at the time of using the vendor. As you progress through the season you may see the merchant prices fluxuate. The prices may seem high at first, but remember, you need 60 matches to be able to qualify for rewards and can always improve your rating.
is just grind. i do not see MMR requirements to get gear so basically you call it "ranked" but is another for of casual scenarios... just changing gear level requirements nothing more )= make it so that for example you need minimum 1700 rating to purchase a piece or something like that

Vayra

Post#17 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:36 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:35 pm
Spoiler:

is just grind. i do not see MMR requirements to get gear so basically you call it "ranked" but is another for of casual scenarios... just changing gear level requirements nothing more )= make it so that for example you need minimum 1700 rating to purchase a piece or something like that
The benefit of MMR here is price. You'll get more tokens weekly if you have high MMR and the set costs less.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#18 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 pm

Spoiler:
Vayra wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:36 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:35 pm
Spoiler:

The benefit of MMR here is price. You'll get more tokens weekly if you have high MMR and the set costs less.
I think the best is set a minimun MMR to USE the set => thats how real competitive players do things....if you lose MMR bam! cant use the rewards

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#19 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:57 pm

Yes, I didn’t think about it, but you can vote for "I play often." This is the closest answer with your opinion.
Telen wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:12 am Only a small section of players use the forums and even smaller play ranked. A poll here isnt going to tell you much about the overall comunity.

I think that if at least 50-100 people vote, it will already be a very good sample from population of the server.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Wed May 06, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

nocturnalguest

Post#20 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:10 pm

Well this glicko-2 thingy imo is not best suited for RoR ranked population. We have like ~50 players at eu prime time and up to 5-6 matches going on (been a bit more during 1st week). Thus it leads to very awkward situation that has to do with ratings reliability and confidence interval - your first games played gonna gate you other to the very top or to the very bottom where you end up without any chances to recoup due to population problem.
Im trapped on my RP, there are around 20 potential opponents on whole server which system will throw to me. That's it. And thing is i didnt play even 10 games on 1st week. I just had a losing strike of 4, before hotfix#4 and with hotfix#2&3 that was enough to never be able to recoup on practice.
Ranked's are very cool but they have huge RNG factor due to comp/people.
Tweaking glicko-2 around to have way more matches is what should be done as top prio i guess. Before people will totally loose interest as gear out there is indeed interesting but not the "end goal".
For glicko-2 to basically function more or less "as intended" we need at the very very least 1000 people in qq's. Thats unreal.