Recent Topics

Ads

Toxicity in Ranked SC

Let's talk about... everything else
Draugris

Re: Toxicity in Ranked SC

Post#11 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:42 am

I guess like in real life, the tone matters. Maybe people are not just upfront stupid, maybe people would be thankful for advice. Imagine that, but ofc nobody responds well to a "**** off noob". I am sure the same people who let their elitist prick run wild are the same people whining if they have to wait 20 minutes for a queue pop in ranked.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
Nekkma

Post#12 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:50 am

Solo ranked is a .pug with additional matchmaking and gear requirements. If people are not happy with the gear, spec, class or general quality of their teammates they should form a premade.

And op, "surprises you"? That solo ranked was going to be toxic was a given.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Panzerkasper

Post#13 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:19 am

To be honest, the solo ranked experience here was by far one of the most enjoyable I had in all my life and I played a lot of stuff ranked.

But if I see a 90+ Choppa who I know is playing this game for years going into a 6vs6 with GTDC specced and spamming it, that's where all my kindness ends. Mistakes can happen but spamming a skill like GTDC is deliberatly sabotageing the SC.

It is absolutely arrogant to say to you want to play how you want in this case. Ranked is a competitive scenario and you should play for and with the team!
If you want to play however the f*** you want, then don't queue for ranked.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Martok

Post#14 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:08 am

Toxicity, in this game? Heaven forbid...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Halan

Post#15 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:24 am

i didnt played ranked since the last patch dont want to wasted my time with people who think they can play as they like in ranked, yould go to much on my nerves and after the x guy who do **** in ranked sc there could be the chance that i also become toxic

so i just skip that

Scrilian

Post#16 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:25 am

Anything that has a word Ranked in it is pretty much a salt mine.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

M0rw47h

Post#17 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:37 am

Nekkma wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:50 am Solo ranked is a .pug with additional matchmaking and gear requirements. If people are not happy with the gear, spec, class or general quality of their teammates they should form a premade.

And op, "surprises you"? That solo ranked was going to be toxic was a given.
Thought premade ranked was temporaly disabled, and regular premade doesn't allow you to acquire ranked tokens? ;)

saupreusse
Developer

Post#18 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:43 am

Right click ignore. If they use racist slurs simply do right click report. ^^ problem solved

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#19 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:24 am

Panzerkasper wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:19 am To be honest, the solo ranked experience here was by far one of the most enjoyable I had in all my life and I played a lot of stuff ranked.

But if I see a 90+ Choppa who I know is playing this game for years going into a 6vs6 with GTDC specced and spamming it, that's where all my kindness ends. Mistakes can happen but spamming a skill like GTDC is deliberatly sabotageing the SC.

It is absolutely arrogant to say to you want to play how you want in this case. Ranked is a competitive scenario and you should play for and with the team!
If you want to play however the f*** you want, then don't queue for ranked.
Uh... This is almost name and shame...
Ich kaufe ein "G" und möchte lösen...

I don't see the problem with "you are the reason we lost". That statement is maybe right or maybe wrong, but isn't toxic. If some insults happening, report the players.
A bit of salt is (and should be) part of solo ranked.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Telen
Suspended

Post#20 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:14 am

Gamers in general are a toxic bunch. Having no life, no family or no career can have a effect on mental health. Now that sounds harsh but its also the truth. Its not gaming in particular its other problems with society bleeding in.