Ads

Toxicity in Ranked SC

Let's talk about... everything else
jokerspsycho

Re: Toxicity in Ranked SC

Post#41 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:31 pm

Xergon wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:52 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:35 pm
Xergon wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:10 pm SoloQ in RoR competetive as SoloQ in LeagueOfLegends... who would thought it will be possible in a dead game... well... well...

soon we will have players divided into divisions :D
If we had the numbers I wouldn't be surprised. but if we had the numbers it wouldn't be as much of a problem because a player who belongs in let's say 1800mmr would eventually climb there and someone who belongs in 1300 will eventually fall there given enough time even if they got carried through games. The issue is 6v6 isnt to popular and I'm not sure about all gear sets, but most are just ok and they take A LOT of games to get. All that together makes a subpar game mode for the majority and leaves you with limited players and long Qs which makes for a bot great experience. least that's how I'm seeing this pan out.
Some additional reward would be nice to see, and reward which is worth for everyone, independet of class or playstyle, something like a lot gold for example. Like maybe top100 get 100g, or quest, get 10wins 10g and so on...
Agree. Atm the only reason to do it is just for fun in 6v6. Why do this and get ok gear when you can oRvR and get better gear.

Edit: especially with the recent change of adding high lvl medallions to rvr bags. Now you want to focus on rvr a lot more than before to get your tombs so while gearing theres no really good reason to do 6v6, thus a much lower population

Ads
rhapsodyoffire

Post#42 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:47 pm

funny how you need to be full sov to farm a invader equivalent gear or you get yelled at

porkstar

Post#43 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:53 pm

Telen wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:52 pm I wonder whether people should not get to see their mmr until the season ends. Then they cant stress about it.
yes
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

synyster3

Post#44 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:41 pm

jtj5002 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:28 am
dysfori wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:06 am Frustrating or not, it doesnt make it ok for anyone to behave badly." Wrong gear" mentality can go pack itself in a box and fudge off. Just let people enjoy the game without others having to be know it all:s.

And if they know that much about how its played, maybe they should play better themselves and just get their rank higher. I get full blown agitated by elitist pricks.
People would enjoy the game more if they at least try to understand if their why they might be dying. Telling them if their setups are causing them to die in a none toxic way should be totally fine. I can't imagine healers with full willpower talis dying in 2 hits "enjoying" the game. There are toxic and none toxic ways to deal with it. Sadly having the "right gear" and talis are pretty essential if you want to not instantly explode.
Match Making will eventually put the lower geared/less skilled player together, once they reached their true MMR.. and its not like people earned each and every single one of their wins, under geared people exist on both side.

RoR isn't balanced around 6 v 6, even if both side have same level of gear, you'd still get unbalanced matches due to better team comp.. then the non meta class will get blamed for queing... Dok/WP only for healer etc...

kmark101

Post#45 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:09 pm

I think a good addition would be to not get que'd into the same group with people that you put into Ignore list. It would help super sensitive snowflakes and hardcore people as well. Me personally would love to avoid the 2 dps AM forever who single handedly tanked Order characters ranks in the first few days with playing 24/7 and making Order lose most of the games with their idiotic presence and play.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

synyster3

Post#46 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:34 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:03 pm Are you really surprised? There are people that complain about people not having talismans/spec appropriate gear while lvling 16-39. People will always complain if you arent in top gear. If all those with top gear want people with top gear they should do the group Q of it is out/when it comes out. Solo Q is random if you get a player that just hit 40, conq, vanq, etc.

They could put an item lvl limit on the Q so you are requires to at least have vanq to Q. Not sure if theres a way to code it so you must have full talismans, even then what would stop someone from just throwing cheap ones in their gear to Q. Just gotta put those undergeared on your back and carry them. The nature of ranked.

I'm not surprised with toxic people in multiplayer game, seen it all playing LoL for years (early days when all hell break loose).. I thought RoR would be stricter on this matter, since you cant even mention the "C Virus" without getting banned.

General Rule #1
1.1 Don't Be A ****
"Respect is the word, whether you hate someone or simply think they're a bad player, you can be respectful. "

What I've experienced so far is that people are allowed to be disrespectful and rude as long as they don't go full berserk mode..

jokerspsycho

Post#47 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:14 pm

synyster3 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:34 pm
What I've experienced so far is that people are allowed to be disrespectful and rude as long as they don't go full berserk mode..
Pretty much lol. Feel like as long as you arent whispering them stuff or putting their name in /ad then you can say stuff like, "lol this healing WP is in dps gear and no talis, gg. Why even bother Qing if your gonna throw the game? Trash." In the prematch lobby and it will get looked over unless the guy is reported A LOT.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#48 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:14 pm
synyster3 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:34 pm
Pretty much lol. Feel like as long as you arent whispering them stuff or putting their name in /ad then you can say stuff like, "lol this healing WP is in dps gear and no talis, gg. Why even bother Qing if your gonna throw the game? Trash." In the prematch lobby and it will get looked over unless the guy is reported A LOT.
mhm... but whats the problem with the quote? Its feedback. He said whats wrong with the gear and why this will be a big handicap for your team. The "trash" is a bit rude (but not a terrible, totally unconnected insult), but besides this its fine. What do you expect? A full page of "dear nice sir, may I suggest you bla bla bla"? The quote says: check your gear and slot talismans, otherwise you will harm your team, which is not nice.

btw. I guess the WP was melee heal and therefor had "dps-set", so the guy with the quote has actually no clue. But is being stupid now a crime?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Twyxx

Post#49 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:59 pm

Simple solution for minor cyberbullying:
If you come in with no gear/talis/no pots and don't know where your detaunt button is, expect to get **** for it. It isn't regular SCs, it's ranked.

synyster3

Post#50 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:37 am

Twyxx wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:59 pm Simple solution for minor cyberbullying:
If you come in with no gear/talis/no pots and don't know where your detaunt button is, expect to get **** for it. It isn't regular SCs, it's ranked.
What you saying is that anyone not in BiS gear is "harming" the team and should not que.. this whole "it's ranked" argument doesn't make any sense, if you think ranked SC should be a Elite only que, go to the GM/ Devs and ask them to raise the gear requirement for queing..
A full Conq with perfect talis, pots with a top tier player behind it, is still going to be the weak link and get destroyed. The system was never fair to begin with, blame the system, not the players.