Recent Topics

Ads

Toxicity in Ranked SC

Let's talk about... everything else
courtsdad1

Re: Toxicity in Ranked SC

Post#21 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:56 am

Nekkma wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:50 am Solo ranked is a .pug with additional matchmaking and gear requirements. If people are not happy with the gear, spec, class or general quality of their teammates they should form a premade.

And op, "surprises you"? That solo ranked was going to be toxic was a given.
This x 1000

A quick story.

Last weekend in one of Zarbix streams he was playing DPS mage which alone will make people mentioned here have a nervous breakdown. Then the group make up was not optimum by any stretch and I said to myself " this won't go well". Watching the stream Z said the same thing but we coordinated, people used FF and good sense and we smoked the other team with at least two " non optimum spec" players.

Two minutes later with almost the same group we did it again.

So the "elite" kiddies need to mind their own business in many cases and play their own toons.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#22 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:41 am

Panzerkasper wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:19 am
But if I see a 90+ Choppa
Wait a second, there's only one 90+ choppa on the server

courtsdad1

Post#23 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:42 am

Telen wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:14 am Gamers in general are a toxic bunch. Having no life, no family or no career can have a effect on mental health. Now that sounds harsh but its also the truth. Its not gaming in particular its other problems with society bleeding in.
Sad but true

Sinisterror

Post#24 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:11 pm

Telen wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:14 am Gamers in general are a toxic bunch. Having no life, no family or no career can have a effect on mental health. Now that sounds harsh but its also the truth. Its not gaming in particular its other problems with society bleeding in.

Very true. I quess im lucky to have drums/musick and great friends, but im willing to bet that at some point passion for drums and great griends aint gonna do it anymore=) Btw this might be intentional but i cant do ranked on my dok rr60 because i have 2 mercenary/beastlords on? I didnt really have any issues with that gear on ranked before, the problems are always the players who never played the character/spec they just say are **** because that is what they heard, and then they **** up the sc by not guarding/healing dd specced healer =)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Panzerkasper

Post#25 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:33 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:41 am Wait a second, there's only one 90+ choppa on the server
Spoiler:

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Sulorie

Post#26 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Panzerkasper wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:33 pm
TreefAM wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:41 am Wait a second, there's only one 90+ choppa on the server
Spoiler:
How dare you!

I guess it would be more toxic, if more people get sc pops in the first place.
On the other hand, if you get a sc pop after ages and then it turns out to be a total mess, I could understand certain emotions. :^)
Dying is no option.

jokerspsycho

Post#27 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:03 pm

Are you really surprised? There are people that complain about people not having talismans/spec appropriate gear while lvling 16-39. People will always complain if you arent in top gear. If all those with top gear want people with top gear they should do the group Q of it is out/when it comes out. Solo Q is random if you get a player that just hit 40, conq, vanq, etc.

They could put an item lvl limit on the Q so you are requires to at least have vanq to Q. Not sure if theres a way to code it so you must have full talismans, even then what would stop someone from just throwing cheap ones in their gear to Q. Just gotta put those undergeared on your back and carry them. The nature of ranked.

Xergon

Post#28 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:10 pm

SoloQ in RoR competetive as SoloQ in LeagueOfLegends... who would thought it will be possible in a dead game... well... well...

soon we will have players divided into divisions :D
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#29 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:29 pm

When you Q as healer Sov/Vanq mixxed, with best talisman slotted, and get 2 annihilator DPS,
one with +12 Talisman slotted, and the other one without any Tali, then i can't judge people beeing toxic :lol:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

raistomen

Post#30 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:35 pm

synyster3 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:09 am Its straight up cyber bulling.
so in other words, its nothing

move along