Recent Topics

Ads

Toxicity in Ranked SC

Let's talk about... everything else
synyster3

Toxicity in Ranked SC

Post#1 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:09 am

It surprises me how many high RR80+ players are full on toxic during and after ranked...

It makes me wonder if there are actual punishment for harassment in game, obviously they are not worried about bans lashing out nasty words on what must've been their main account.

I've witnessed someone in oppressor getting gear shamed before the fight even started.

Getting random personal insults after game, cause you're supposed to play perfectly @1400 MMR..

Might as well make a separate que, requirement Sov + and God Gamer only..

I know GM and Devs have better things to do than spending their valuable time filtering out reported chat messages.. but no one should get away with "you are the reason we lost", "never que again, uninstall". Its straight up cyber bulling.

Once a circle jerk is formed and the "elites" are hostile to "the filthy casuals", people will straight up quit the game mode (could be the reason why que number is low) then eventually the game, RoR is a small community and nobody wants to see the same asshole on the same realm everyday.

Maybe we should have a thread for calling these bad blood out, with proof and let everyone see their true colour.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Re: Toxicity in Ranked SC

Post#2 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:27 am

Play well. Win. Then send them a gloating message afterwards.

Rumpel

Post#3 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:31 am

If its solo nothing to complain about but some people allways will blame others instead of playing in a premade, which should be the solution insted of beeing rude to others.

Some players need a game break and reallitycheck getting relaxed again.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

DokB

Post#4 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:50 am

Not trying to make excuses for people, but it can be very frustrating when you get someone in Solo Ranked who has inadequate or flat out wrong gear/wrong spec/no talis/wound debuffs/a multitude of things. It turns games into 5v6 which are almost guaranteed losses unless the other team is lacking somewhere.

More often than not, those people are the reason for people’s losses and there are already certain individuals that are quite infamous on both realms where if you see them on the opposite team, you are guaranteed a win due to their playstyle being more akin to throwing than anything recognisable as competent. Then people get mad that their MMR takes a hit which is understandable. That being said, MMR and ranked solo is still WIP obviously so people on both sides of the fence shouldn’t take it so seriously because things will change soon enough.

Tl;dr Ranked Solo is a quite literally a recipe for disaster in terms of game play but it can be fun sometimes and its good to see some nice rewards tied to it finally. Sure its cancerous as hell, but what else am I going to do, push mid zones? lmao!!! (laughing my a** off!!!)
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

dysfori

Post#5 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:06 am

Frustrating or not, it doesnt make it ok for anyone to behave badly." Wrong gear" mentality can go pack itself in a box and fudge off. Just let people enjoy the game without others having to be know it all:s.

And if they know that much about how its played, maybe they should play better themselves and just get their rank higher. I get full blown agitated by elitist pricks.

zaauk

Post#6 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:12 am

Its solo que, its the same as going PUG.
You get what you get, there are other formats to play if you cant handle it.

I do enjoy ranked solo que alot, mostley because there are still things to learn from it.
But i dont mind losing or getting bad mmr because i get "bad" players. If they enjoy it they should que aswell.

I do really like that the devs added it. Only wish more people did play it. :)
But the toxic players dont understand that we need more ppl...

Iv seen aot of bad behavor calling out names, sometimes its even from the "bad" player haha.

Ignore them and enjoy the game instead, theres a ignore list for a reason!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jtj5002

Post#7 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:28 am

dysfori wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:06 am Frustrating or not, it doesnt make it ok for anyone to behave badly." Wrong gear" mentality can go pack itself in a box and fudge off. Just let people enjoy the game without others having to be know it all:s.

And if they know that much about how its played, maybe they should play better themselves and just get their rank higher. I get full blown agitated by elitist pricks.
People would enjoy the game more if they at least try to understand if their why they might be dying. Telling them if their setups are causing them to die in a none toxic way should be totally fine. I can't imagine healers with full willpower talis dying in 2 hits "enjoying" the game. There are toxic and none toxic ways to deal with it. Sadly having the "right gear" and talis are pretty essential if you want to not instantly explode.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Foltestik

Post#8 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:33 am

dysfori wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:06 am Frustrating or not, it doesnt make it ok for anyone to behave badly." Wrong gear" mentality can go pack itself in a box and fudge off. Just let people enjoy the game without others having to be know it all:s.

its good that you enjoy your game but you ruin that game for another 5 players, which wanna enjoy their game too

Ads
zaauk

Post#9 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:36 am

Foltestik wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:33 am

its good that you enjoy your game but you ruin that game for another 5 players, which wanna enjoy their game too
Then be polite and try to help them improve. Not all players are good.
Yelling wont help.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sulorie

Post#10 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 am

To assume, that ppl should play "how they like" in ranked sc, is pretty ignorant.
Dying is no option.