Recent Topics

Ads

Crossrealming for 4 invaders to the point of making the game unplayable

Let's talk about... everything else
Floscrendron

Re: Crossrealming for 4 invaders to the point of making the game unplayable

Post#41 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Ok, so yes, crossrealming is a problem. But it is more of a symptom here.

The problem is, as before, the incentives given by the reward system are wrong. Before, the best way to farm good currency was to do Forts/Cities. Now, for a lot of people, the best reward is defending an end zone. Most people will go the "easy" way to farm gear.

You have to fix incentives.
1)Certain zones should not be more profitable than others. Whenever one zone (be it city, fort or whatever) gives better rewards, player will flock to that zone and make sure that it happens as frequent as possible
2) Make winning ALWAYS good (so no throwing to get into forts) and give some to the losers as well, so an imbalance will not result in a bigger imbalance
3) Make it impossible to grind higher currency. Get always an appropriate amount of currency regarding your RR. Before, and now, players could get higher currency than their RR would normally allow. Scratch that. Of course this means that downtrading needs to be possible always.

Ads
hapache515

Post#42 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:15 pm

How about a cumulative buff for playing one realm that gives increased currency/renown rewards based on how long you play on one realm without swapping. If you swap it resets. Someone suggested called it "Realm Pride"

Deifact

Post#43 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:23 pm

It'd be great to have a solution that didn't increase a lockout timer. Sometimes I like to jump in on some RvR on Order, then after a bit want to do some PvE on my Dark Elf but can't.
If the problem is RvR specifically, then introduce a debuff that stops players from doing RvR on both sides instead of locking access completely.

dwyur

Post#44 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:25 pm

All these wild ideas to prevent crossrealming, without addressing the actual patch issue that has made it extremely beneficial to xrealm so you can maximize your Invader farming?
Pretty sure the people doing this know it will be changed and are pumping this **** as much as possible for the easy Invader. We don't need drastic xrealmer login changes if the game does not outright reward it, which it does after the patch.

I think the 90minute timer currently in place, should start when you LOG OUT of your character on the one side, not log in and spend 90minutes on a character and it's reset. That alone would prevent the instant logging out and in off opposite realm to farm invader. That is the only change in my opinion that makes sense.
Last edited by dwyur on Sun May 03, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

PieTreBlu

Post#45 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Deifact wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:23 pm It'd be great to have a solution that didn't increase a lockout timer. Sometimes I like to jump in on some RvR on Order, then after a bit want to do some PvE on my Dark Elf but can't.
If the problem is RvR specifically, then introduce a debuff that stops players from doing RvR on both sides instead of locking access completely.
Just make another account like all the xrealmers already do :lol:

MMXX43

Post#46 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:13 am

hapache515 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:15 pm How about a cumulative buff for playing one realm that gives increased currency/renown rewards based on how long you play on one realm without swapping. If you swap it resets. Someone suggested called it "Realm Pride"
:O excellent idea nice name.

hapache515

Post#47 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:16 am

Cant take credit for the name, someone in regional chat came up with that =)

MMXX43

Post#48 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:18 am

hapache515 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:16 am Cant take credit for the name, someone in regional chat came up with that =)
I wish the introduce gold to the whole idea tho :P

Ads
Wdova

Post#49 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:08 am

dwyur wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:25 pm All these wild ideas to prevent crossrealming, without addressing the actual patch issue that has made it extremely beneficial to xrealm so you can maximize your Invader farming?
Pretty sure the people doing this know it will be changed and are pumping this **** as much as possible for the easy Invader. We don't need drastic xrealmer login changes if the game does not outright reward it, which it does after the patch.

I think the 90minute timer currently in place, should start when you LOG OUT of your character on the one side, not log in and spend 90minutes on a character and it's reset. That alone would prevent the instant logging out and in off opposite realm to farm invader. That is the only change in my opinion that makes sense.
Again, dont blame patch for personal behaviour. Nobody pointing gun to Your head while screaming "x-realm whenever fort zone is attaked or I will kill You!"

No no and no. The main issue are players who abuse it.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

wos

Post#50 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:49 am

i logged on to my order today and killed my wife today was a good and bad day