Recent Topics

Ads

Crossrealming for 4 invaders to the point of making the game unplayable

Let's talk about... everything else
Tillbeast

Re: Crossrealming for 4 invaders to the point of making the game unplayable

Post#31 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:14 am

barely 100 order in dw just now and about 250 destro....400+ order now in eataine and barely 200 destruction.....somethings need doing else we never going to see city and its just so against the spirit of the game.

Ads
Draugris

Post#32 » Sun May 03, 2020 11:27 am

Tillbeast wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:14 am barely 100 order in dw just now and about 250 destro....400+ order now in eataine and barely 200 destruction.....somethings need doing else we never going to see city and its just so against the spirit of the game.
Yep that was pretty hilarious, yesterday evening the same with Reikland, there it was a ~500 vs ~250.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

oldgiant

Post#33 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:09 pm

I think there are two problems here. One is the xrealm timer ofc, and I hope they adjust it. But I'd say the other problem is how much the new reward system favors the defender in a pre-fort zone.

Thing is, win or lose, a rank 40 defender is getting 4 invaders (assuming they get a fort reservation on loss). They defend the zone or go fort, 4 either way. A rank 40 attacker could get 6, but they need to win twice (zone and fort). So if the attacker loses zone they get nothing, if the defender loses zone they very likely get something.

For a player below rank 40, defending gets you a good chance of invaders and attacking doesn't (difficult to get a fort res pre-40). So when players can switch faction so often, a lot of them are choosing to defend pre-fort zones and you get the ugly situation that's developed.

I wouldn't like to see the devs simply revert the change-- old way of throwing pre-fort zone defenses was ugly too, altho not nearly as bad for the game. Both factions should want to win the middle T4 zone, and the defending faction should want to win pre-fort. Idea earlier about a no-invader debuff timer on faction switch is amazing imo. Other way would be to also reward attackers for winning pre-fort. Split the invader rewards between zone and fort. Offhand I'd say attackers get 3 on zone win, 4 more on fort win, 1 or 2 more on fort loss-- defenders get 4 on zone win, 3 or 4 on fort win, 2 or 3 on fort loss. More total invaders going into the game than before the patch, but fewer than now. The debuff idea is simpler (and pleasantly vindictive).

M0rw47h

Post#34 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:14 pm

oldgiant wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:09 pm I think there are two problems here. One is the xrealm timer ofc, and I hope they adjust it. But I'd say the other problem is how much the new reward system favors the defender in a pre-fort zone.

Thing is, win or lose, a rank 40 defender is getting 4 invaders (assuming they get a fort reservation on loss). They defend the zone or go fort, 4 either way. A rank 40 attacker could get 6, but they need to win twice (zone and fort). So if the attacker loses zone they get nothing, if the defender loses zone they very likely get something.

For a player below rank 40, defending gets you a good chance of invaders and attacking doesn't (difficult to get a fort res pre-40). So when players can switch faction so often, a lot of them are choosing to defend pre-fort zones and you get the ugly situation that's developed.

I wouldn't like to see the devs simply revert the change-- old way of throwing pre-fort zone defenses was ugly too, altho not nearly as bad for the game. Both factions should want to win the middle T4 zone, and the defending faction should want to win pre-fort. Idea earlier about a no-invader debuff timer on faction switch is amazing imo. Other way would be to also reward attackers for winning pre-fort. Split the invader rewards between zone and fort. Offhand I'd say attackers get 3 on zone win, 4 more on fort win, 1 or 2 more on fort loss-- defenders get 4 on zone win, 3 or 4 on fort win, 2 or 3 on fort loss. More total invaders going into the game than before the patch, but fewer than now. The debuff idea is simpler (and pleasantly vindictive).
So, simple solution would be give invaders only to XX% of top contributors?

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#35 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:22 pm

Middle zones are now dead took six hours before destro decided to go for the lock.

Eataine fell to order with the help of 250 to 300 xrealmers for 4 invader.

Overall population on the server is down for a Sunday.

This system need binned as a bad idea rollback or and extended xrealm lockout 12 hours would be appropriate 90 minutes is far too short.

oldgiant

Post#36 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:24 pm

"So, simple solution would be give invaders only to XX% of top contributors?"

...if you trust the contribution model that much, sure. Difficult to write a truly fair one. I wouldn't be in favor of that at all.

Semanon

Post#37 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:27 pm

TBH this xrealming for Invader is becoming a joke. As soon as one of the zone pops for invader defense , the defending realms numbers more than double. It is making the game for honest players totally unplayable. Constructive complaints to GMs seems to be falling onm deaf ears. If something isn't done soon, they will find the players base becoming totally disgruntled and potentials leave the game. I have been in chats where players are already stating this. I really love this game but it is being ruined by Xrealmers who are exploiting a game mechanic which was put in place to make life easier for the higher RRs.

PLEASE FIX THIS SOON!

rafiozo

Post#38 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:31 pm

236 order vs 618 destro (14.30 local time in CW) working as intended
for sure no one is here for 4 invaders even level 16 shamys, black orks etc.

Ads
inflamez

Post#39 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:32 pm

open rvr is always boring by default, just 500 people standing on top each other and pressing random buttons without any thought about it so why complain about xrealm and who outnumbers who?
just queue 6vs6 ranked and you can play some nice games and not a 1k people clusterfuck

moch

Post#40 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:41 pm

Fix this madness ASAP !!! RvR has been killed !!!!