Crossrealming for 4 invaders to the point of making the game unplayable

Let's talk about... everything else
Dabush

Re: Crossrealming for 4 invaders to the point of making the game unplayable

Post#21 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:45 am

This just happened again. Destro pushed all 3 T4 zones and has superior numbers. Now as we speak destro numbers are basically nothing and order sky rocketed and are now taking back all 3 zones to middle for the free invaders. This needs to be fixed asap it is ruining the game

Ads
jtj5002

Post#22 » Sun May 03, 2020 4:11 am

Well, looks like the current strat is to deny order invaders by all porting out. No defenders no rewards.

Seems like a fitting solution. Abuse game mechanic for free invaders? Abuse game mechanic right back to deny invaders.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Godtr0n

Post#23 » Sun May 03, 2020 4:44 am

Dabush wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:45 am This just happened again. Destro pushed all 3 T4 zones and has superior numbers. Now as we speak destro numbers are basically nothing and order sky rocketed and are now taking back all 3 zones to middle for the free invaders. This needs to be fixed asap it is ruining the game
To be noted several people upon turning over the middle zone (as you mentioned above) used /1 /2 and /T4 chat to convince people they should all log off and log onto their order to flip the zone and get free invaders during the numbers dropping that you mentioned but that is apparently fine. (?!)

Pointing out that they are literally creating the problem they are proposing is the problem apparently is not fine though and GMs will hush you if you try to argue with the people spamming you in /1 /2 and /T4 all day with walls of text about it.

People gave up and logged out after mid zone which left us at the disadvantage and after the massively outnumbered successful defense in Reik we didnt have enough to successfully push to the fort.

Quite sad really. Even if they were crossrealmers trying to farm more invaders why would you not just push fort for invaders instead and potentially get a city with even more invaders and royal crests instead of playing pre fort defenses all day? Realm Pride? (Not sure if I am using that correctly)

Multiple people today were messaging outside of global chats saying how sick they were of listening to people spam whining all day about invaders in RvR chat and crossrealming trying to convince everyone not to RvR but instead to just sit and wait on pre fort zone defenses. Some people were actually so irritated with people pro actively promoting in RvR chats for people to not push next zone after pre fort defense they just logged off.

Really sucks the fun clean out of the game having to constantly keep clicking to ignore chat so you can follow the actual RvR communications for people still trying to actually play the game properly and have fun.

Felt the need to share that.

If reverting it means we can go back to listening to people cry in /1 /2 and /T4 about everyone throwing and not turning up to defend pre fort zones instead then I guess thats the better option? I think I agree with you at this point.

Panodil

Post#24 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:32 am

Maybe there is not only x realm, maybe people enter rvr when last zone active because the reward. After its done they go back to pve or sc, so maybe it only looks like x realm.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Dundorg

Post#25 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:50 am

Correct me if i'm wrong but these 4 invaders for the lock of T4 zone is intended to help new player getting gear, helping new player not getting steamrolled during sc or during city is not a bad idea. If new player stay on the game means more fun to play together (or against).
Seeing what is happening during these days post patch, there is some way to fix these static T4 mid flipping.
Remove the ability to player under 40/40 to get those invaders
increase the reward for defending/taking a fort instead of the zone before fort. Idk how many you get in fort, but increase it slightly (ea : if you have gotten 4, get 6 instead)
War RoR is an MMO, I might sound odd but MMO need to have time invested in to be strong and improve your character. I like this game, and I like how a bunch of dedicate people keep the game alive for FREE ! Completely free ! That's awesome !!!!

Atm there is few city, and the ability to get royal crest is nearly impossible...

billyk

Post#26 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:50 am

Godtr0n wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:44 am Even if they were crossrealmers trying to farm more invaders why would you not just push fort for invaders instead and potentially get a city with even more invaders and royal crests instead of playing pre fort defenses all day?
This. Makes no sense to play end zone ping pong all day when you get more inv for taking forts and cities.

Omegus

Post#27 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:12 am

So much for not wanting people to skip content. We've gone from needing to be RR50 for Invader (forts), to R40/RR40 (cities), to R16 (pre-fort keeps).
Glorian wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:11 pm I am not sure how that is possible.
With the 90 minute lockout timer. How can Destro while tagged fro RvR log to Order, then do RvR and then log back?
There needs to be each time 90 Minutes between that.
Or am I on a wrong thinking here?
The lockout timer starts when you first get RVR flagged. Doesn't matter if you are then RVR flagged on that same faction multiple times over multiple hours; the lockout timer won't be extended or reset. It was overly punishing when it triggered on login rather than RVR flag, and wasn't punishing enough when switching realm mid-fight. The harsh punishment for just logging in on one side has been removed but it still (in my opinion) needs reworking for switching mid-fight.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

M0rw47h

Post#28 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:15 am

Panodil wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:32 am Maybe there is not only x realm, maybe people enter rvr when last zone active because the reward. After its done they go back to pve or sc, so maybe it only looks like x realm.
Scenario argument is invalid, as Scenarios substract equal amount of people from both realms.

Ads
Wdova

Post#29 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:01 am

Reward system is fine. It was implemented to stop throwing zones for forts.

Main issue are players. Players who abusing this system. Players who call out other players to play same abusive way as they do. This should get attention of gms imho.

Ppl forgot that forts and cities gives greater rewards than ping pong between rvr fort zones.

New issue has 2 possible solutions.

1) give rewards only to characters lvl 40/rr 50+. Self explanatory.

2) increase realm lockout timer to 4-6 hours. This would stop ppl loging other side whenever fort zone is attacked.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Jastojan

Post#30 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:12 am

Order/destro is not pushing mid zones right now. Players just waiting for each other to push to get into the pre-fort zone and then get their inv marks. But this is nothing new. I remember days when forts were without the pop limit (before cities) and there was only one side trying to push forts.

Back to these days. Is there a renown rank requirement for invader marks? For example, do I need to be 55+ or more to get 4 invaders for succesful def pre-fort zone? If there is not RR requirement, there should be. How come the fresh 40/40 to have full inv in the bag (and no conq or vanq eq)? This is huge motivation even for low lvls to xrealm.