Recent Topics

Ads

GM rebooting server because of stalemate in RVR zone

Let's talk about... everything else
Arwindor

GM rebooting server because of stalemate in RVR zone

Post#1 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:09 pm

This destroyed the game for me, im on the brink of quitting just because of this one time experience.
I think it is abselutely unacceptale for a GM to interfere in the game when there is no bugs, errors, patching and so on so forth going on.

It gives you a good reason to feel and believe that there is no hardline border between players and game mechanics, which i think every game should have. I dont know what else i should say to argue my opinion here, but it just feels very very wrong….

Just to have it said: I am extremely gratefull to the GMs and others who have been working and keeps working with this game, so that we all can play the game we love without even playing for it. That being said, i still feel that i am making a legitimate complain here.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: GM rebooting server because of stalemate in RVR zone

Post#2 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:11 pm

GM rebooted for a hotfix and wanted to wait until zone lock. As zone wasn't going to lock, it was forced. Pay more attention next time.
Dying is no option.

Rydiak

Post#3 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:18 pm

GMs will often wait *until* a stalemate/stall in the action before rebooting the server for a patch, so as to not break-up the action and thus inconvenience as few people as possible. Arwindor, your post is about as ignorant as you can get.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Martingale

Post#4 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:40 pm

To add on, the reboot was announced way ahead of time. Allowing the zone to potentially be locked was already a gesture of goodwill

Kaelang

Post#5 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:59 pm

The server wasn't restarted out of the blue, it was announced way ahead of time and took the state of the RvR at that point into consideration.

It's interesting that you say there are 'no bugs, errors, patching and so on' going on. I mean, there's 2000~ bugs on the Bugtracker, there's also a tonne of patch issues since the last patch as well as critical problems that require immediate attention.

If this destroyed the game for you, and you're on the brink of quitting over this. That's a call you should be making yourself.

The team aren't professional AAA developers who have money going into their pockets for the work done. It's a fully voluntary position to support and keep the game online for people who enjoy the core fundamentals of Warhammer as an MMORPG.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Omegus

Post#6 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:10 pm

Arwindor wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:09 pmI think it is abselutely unacceptale for a GM to interfere in the game when there is no bugs, errors, patching and so on so forth going on.
And by "no bugs" you mean "people losing all of their equipped items if their bags were full due to a slightly dodgy hotfix".
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:21 pm

Spoiler:
Arwindor wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:09 pm This destroyed the game for me, im on the brink of quitting just because of this one time experience.
I think it is abselutely unacceptale for a GM to interfere in the game when there is no bugs, errors, patching and so on so forth going on.

It gives you a good reason to feel and believe that there is no hardline border between players and game mechanics, which i think every game should have. I dont know what else i should say to argue my opinion here, but it just feels very very wrong….

Just to have it said: I am extremely gratefull to the GMs and others who have been working and keeps working with this game, so that we all can play the game we love without even playing for it. That being said, i still feel that i am making a legitimate complain here.

You must check this:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607