Recent Topics

Ads

new invader farming

Let's talk about... everything else
boomcat
Suspended

new invader farming

Post#1 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:43 pm

Hi Devs, i like it being more "easy" to farm invaders, but the 4x endzone deffending, has turned into a "trow" mid zone. to get to deffend, then push to the other endzone. and log your other realm toon.. and this keeps going on.. to farm invaders.. thats one problem, the next is as soon you hit lvl 16 u can do this... we have some CR 22 having 20x invaders alrdy.. because the endzone farm is real now.. i really like the City change with getting invaders no matter RR until u have invader set.. but plz reconsider this new end zone farming, or extend the realm lock timer at least.. so people dont push and log.. maybe even hide invaders behind a Rank lvl ? so we dont see people lvl 20s with more invaders then lvl 40s :P i dont know, i dont wanna sound like flaming, just think its abit overtuned ?

regards / Boomcat
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: new invader farming

Post#2 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:49 pm

I think the new system is fine other than leaving midzones as the only useless zones now. If you are in a prefort zone you can get gear progression either way. If you are defending pre-fort its 4x for a win and you go to fort with a win. If you are attacking then its still win to get a Fort.

Sure defending is somewhat better than attacking now from the standpoint of I have to win as attacker to get a chance for Invader but the point of the patch was to incentivize defending and I think its successfully done that. Zerging as attackers with greater numbers across two fronts going for city should be reward incentive enough as you stand to get more gear progression from winning fort attacks.

Universal renown rank based rewards (i.e. you get Invader in bags after vanq tome unlock or x rewnown level) would probably be the best way to stop the "throwing" arugment but I don't know if its possible or what the devs want.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Nameless

Post#3 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:07 pm

personally for me new way is better cos now it is worth defending last zone and there is some real orvr going on. Only problem is that mid zones becomes obsolete. It should be win mid 1 inv, defend last 3, defend opposition last zone go fort so each zone help progressing toward invader.

Now i, as more casual, feel that there is possible progression for me toward invader. Before that patch i would be forever wearing vanq being rr+80.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

TwistedSister77

Post#4 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:10 pm

It's new, I say we wait and give it some time before jumping to changes. Definitely like the city changes (getting invaders till invader unlock).

boomcat
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:12 pm

i understand your points, but we talking about endzones being pushed back and forth all day and players logging realms to deffend while they pushed to endzone.. abit of exploite i my mind.. therefore im talking about locking realms for longer times.. and have low lvls running around with as many invaders as high ranks :P seems abit to much... just now we saw how destro numbers vanished on Eatine and KV, while order massed numbers to deffend, same was going on with Kv until server reset.. and we sill see them push to destro endzone, and magicly order pop disapears, while destro sky rocking, and that is a big problem.. ofc for a Casual grinder its awsome, but i dont support realm jumping, and it breaks the "realm pride" is thats the word :P
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Detangler

Post#6 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:12 pm

It was bound to happen. Maybe this is why devs resisted putting in this change for so long?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

boomcat
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:25 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:12 pm It was bound to happen. Maybe this is why devs resisted putting in this change for so long?
think your right, im just abit scared of people leaving due to this, either it being to "easy" or that you wont see citys anymore.. because what to do after entire server farmed all invaders :/ ? will all just sit afk in WC and wait for forts and city
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

IAko

Post#8 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:30 pm

Should be max 2 for defending zone and max 2 for losing a fort, keep at 6 for winning a fort
/opinon

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#9 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

boomcat wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:25 pm
Detangler wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:12 pm It was bound to happen. Maybe this is why devs resisted putting in this change for so long?
think your right, im just abit scared of people leaving due to this, either it being to "easy" or that you wont see citys anymore.. because what to do after entire server farmed all invaders :/ ? will all just sit afk in WC and wait for forts and city
I like the change, especially getting invaders till you finish the set.

As was to be expected new defence mechanism was bound to attract zone throwers and easier defence option is sure to overtake forts, especially when you get same amount of medallions for fort and zone - and all one has to do to get end zone reward is to log in / flag in orvr.
I think some tweaking is bound to come rather sooner than later - it'd be easier to reduce the number of inv from end zone to make forts more attractive. I couldn't help myself and thought about such a system:

Defending last zone - 1 inv
Defending last zone in 4 start keep - 2inv
Defending last zone in 5 start keep - 3inv
Defending fort - 4inv, no changes

Taking last zone - 1 inv
Taking last enemy 4star zone - 3inv
Taking last enemy 5star zone - 4inv
Taking fort - as is now, no changes

I think it gives incentive to fight for both attackers and defenders and keeps forts and city the biggest source of inv income.
As you can see there are more rewards for attacking side since easier to defend so it pays to attack and 4-5 stars bracket keeps both sides from simply trading empty zones - you actually have to spend time and effort to get there and it still pays more to do fort after. But if you want to farm opposition and let them rank up keep to get more rewards you might loose it - sometimes it pays to take minimal reward end zone and go to fort.

Food for thought
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Mistdancer

Post#10 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:50 pm

We can discuss endlessly and share great ideas on how to fix this and make it more reasonable etc, but the elephant in the room was, is, and will probably remain, one and the same.

Xrealming.

Implement a hard, IP based, realm lock, and watch magic happen before your very eyes.