Recent Topics

Ads

new invader farming

Let's talk about... everything else
Tamtam

Re: new invader farming

Post#41 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:46 am

Why don't use a different approach.
Instead of this reward system based on the zone, just give a % (let's say, 20%) to get invader crests in the gold bag for attaching or defending any keep. Reward accessible for only rr62+ rank.
This way people are incentivated to join the oRvR fields with the toon they like, whatever is the realm and the tier.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#42 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:00 am

Tamtam wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:46 am Why don't use a different approach.
Instead of this reward system based on the zone, just give a % (let's say, 20%) to get invader crests in the gold bag for attaching or defending any keep. Reward accessible for only rr62+ rank.
This way people are incentivated to join the oRvR fields with the toon they like, whatever is the realm and the tier.
You probably missed the drama with the rng genesis set :)

b0nez

Post#43 » Sat May 02, 2020 12:12 pm

Tbh i find it quite amusing to see how many people believe that stopping xrealm, is gonna stop the issue. You all assume that there are hundreds of xrealmers. There arent. If you push a zone and fail. a lot of people will just logg off frustrated or play scs or pve. If your push is sucessful and they see it on SoR, they will leave pve/scs and join your campaing. It happens in every game. You give the zerg way to much credit if you believe they are all xrealming. There are some for sure, but not nearly as many as you think.

NSKaneda

Post#44 » Sat May 02, 2020 12:32 pm

b0nez wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:12 pm Tbh i find it quite amusing to see how many people believe that stopping xrealm, is gonna stop the issue. You all assume that there are hundreds of xrealmers. There arent. If you push a zone and fail. a lot of people will just logg off frustrated or play scs or pve. If your push is sucessful and they see it on SoR, they will leave pve/scs and join your campaing. It happens in every game. You give the zerg way to much credit if you believe they are all xrealming. There are some for sure, but not nearly as many as you think.
Yesterday:
- in KV - moments before zone lock Order numbers jumped up to 600. From 340. Des numbers dropped to 200 from 330.
- In Eataine - order went from 400 to 550 in minutes. Des numbers went down.
- In Caledor - order numbers dropped from 330 to bloody 55. And no, they were not in warcamp or zoning to BC ;)

That's only few end zones from one evening. First waves of relogs come with mid zone change.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

PieTreBlu

Post#45 » Sat May 02, 2020 12:57 pm

Tamtam wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:46 am Why don't use a different approach.
Adding RNG would just make people even more frustrated. I think the approach they are taking is the correct one; all they might need is a slighlt adjustment so that attacking and pushing for forts stil feels more rewarding overall than endlessly pushing mid zone and defending before forts to reset. People will also naturally start to push for cities once they get their welfare invaders, but cities are another whole can of worms and THE real problem imho. When your endgame happens at random times you have a big chunk of your playerbase that will feel completely cut off from progression. Iirc even Mythic had to just give up in the end, making cities fire up all the time while having a "lockout" like for dungeons rewards. There is so much "flawed" design on the base game I'm sure the devs at time feel like they're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole :lol:

moch

Post#46 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:33 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:32 pm
Yesterday:
- in KV - moments before zone lock Order numbers jumped up to 600. From 340. Des numbers dropped to 200 from 330.
- In Eataine - order went from 400 to 550 in minutes. Des numbers went down.
- In Caledor - order numbers dropped from 330 to bloody 55. And no, they were not in warcamp or zoning to BC ;)

That's only few end zones from one evening. First waves of relogs come with mid zone change.
Yeah, i' ve seen it me too all the day along.... I find quiet amusing that there are still people who affirms that xrealm is not a problem. While what said before about pug's frustration and their playstile in searching of easy rewards remains true, the xrealm factor seems many times to dictate the law of the rvr status, and that in my opinion is a poison for the game's soul.

jokerspsycho

Post#47 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:34 pm

Figure that increasing the lockout to 2/3h could help and have the lockout time refresh when you enter oRvR. would make it so u could push a zone but would likely be unable to swap until it was pushed back or u can just stay and play on your realm.

As a fresh 40 I'm happy to have something like this so I can get gear faster, but watching order go from 300v300 to 150v450 is disheartening and makes the end zone your pushing, and mid zone feel like a waste. Would likely be a good idea when u push to just leave and do SCs or GB/any pve activity. Only reason it isnt completely crap for me is bc I'm newer so having high AAO is nice with a WH. I was getting 7k RR/kill yesterday in DW

Grimir

Post#48 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:33 pm

Today in CW : 150 orders vs 550 destros
Seriously, does anyone can't see the problem with this 4 invaders reward for defense and his Xrealming fest killing the soul of this game :?:

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#49 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:34 pm

Grimir wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:33 pm Today in CW : 150 orders vs 550 destros
Seriously, does anyone can't see the problem with this 4 invaders reward for defense and his Xrealming fest killing the soul of this game :?:
It's not xrealming, but rather people waiting in I. City for content that gives them rewards.

sjemen

Post#50 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:35 pm

there was some talk that if the defending force has bigger numbers (100 aao for attackers) that they don't get the medals. Doesn't work like that atm since destro got their reward in the above mentioned CW.
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR