Recent Topics

Ads

new invader farming

Let's talk about... everything else
Italic

Re: new invader farming

Post#61 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:01 pm

This patch has killed game progression for everyone who spent months grinding forts and cities for invader and now has the set.
It has locked progression at Invader with no chance to now get Royal Crests for those of us who are at that point.
A week ago we had regular 24v24 man battles, were growing as guilds and communities, learning to play together... now its all zerg on door.

Why this change was made I will never know but it has KILLED any desire I have to log on and play.

Stuck on this change to make Invader less of a grind? Fine. You're wrong but fine.

Make a Quest to turn in 50 Invader for one Royal. I'll take it, hate it, but accept it.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#62 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:09 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:10 pm a higher realm timer isnt the solution, just remove it. people are perfectly content trying to get invader farming end zones instead of getting a city, not sure how the devs didn't foresee this happening.

Oh i swear i saw it long time before.

Code: Select all

]Thank you for taking player concerns into consideration and coming up with a good moderate solution like 4x Invader for defending and making cities based on tome unlock.

Great Patch ! Especially with the Invaders ! looks like you really listened to the Player Base

The changes to how Invader medals are now earned past 70 RR is very welcomed.Thank you for listening to us.
(cancopy/paste some more)

I'm not trying to start a drama, but note you get what the playerbase asked for.

Now question is, shall we listen or not? Cause obviously we can't do both in the same time.

Foltestik

Post#63 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:20 pm

the change in citys you get royal crest if you have invader = that was good change
but for "saving" last zone 4 invaders was bad change, maybee do it for real save zone, if one side are realy atacking and you defend keep and then push zone back (or better way dont give nvaders for zones :) )

bussibaerli

Post#64 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:50 pm

I see also that this patch will kill the fun and progress of the game .. for shure for all they had farmed a long time for their items!

Hope they will change that back OR try to stop that xRealm-ing ...

perche

Post#65 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:06 pm

How hard is it to make 70+ reputation players drop invaders?
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Grimir

Post#66 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:08 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:09 pmNow question is, shall we listen or not? Cause obviously we can't do both in the same time.
Answer is simple : have a look at the state of the game, look at those prefort zones now with 150 vs 550 players, and ask yourself if is it really the kind of game, the kind of RvR, you really want.

The 4 invaders for prefort defense was a good attempt, a good try, for sure. But well, see, it has totally ruin the game cause many abuse of the system.

Ruscour

Post#67 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:21 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:09 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:10 pm a higher realm timer isnt the solution, just remove it. people are perfectly content trying to get invader farming end zones instead of getting a city, not sure how the devs didn't foresee this happening.

Oh i swear i saw it long time before.

]Thank you for taking player concerns into consideration and coming up with a good moderate solution like 4x Invader for defending and making cities based on tome unlock.

Great Patch ! Especially with the Invaders ! looks like you really listened to the Player Base

The changes to how Invader medals are now earned past 70 RR is very welcomed.Thank you for listening to us.
(cancopy/paste some more)

I'm not trying to start a drama, but note you get what the playerbase asked for.

Now question is, shall we listen or not? Cause obviously we can't do both in the same time.
The oft-cited reason for why players couldn't trade Royal Crests down into Invaders is that the staff don't want players to "skip content", i.e. forts. That has consistently been the message of staff, i.e. wargrimnir since he's usually the one replying to threads.

Spoiler: noone is doing forts for invaders any more, because they're being handed out for free.

Some people are going to be happy that they are being sprinkled with endgame rewards for showing up in a zone, of course, but you need to take a step back and decide what's good for the game, and that involves a bit more than cherry picking a few replies in a thread
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

Tartuccio

Post#68 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:24 pm

There's like 2 warbands up now on order side, the rest jumped ship and xrealmed to destro when the zone got moved to Cale. I know this was an issue before but the change just made it explode in intensity.
Last edited by Tartuccio on Sat May 02, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lilias - 75 WH
Zileana - 65 BW
Azzanadra - 63 SW
Basilika - 57 AM

Ads
Dondabon

Post#69 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:03 pm
In the over hand, we have a not negligible amount of people recommanding to leave last zone, waiting in cities, on discord waiting for a signal, or in forts (exploiting : read rules guys, just in case Sauron's eye see you some day) to harvest what they need for their own, never involving in ORvR , with super good reasons not to involve :
-you see,i don't need anything in the lake, so i have no reason to go in.

The corollary being, "why do i need anything if i don't play with what i have."

It is what i call colllusion and/or oportunism. Thats a choice, and well, such is life, but don't ask me to feel sorry for such behaviour.

Sorry if some feel offended, but that's a fact. Some may be tempted to hide behind a bad game design to feel right. Point is 90% of players play the game in the state it is, in the way it is supposed to be played. Eventually, ask them why, and blame them why they ruin your plans.
I assume this was the main reason for change and i don't think it has been solved at all. What was accomplished with this is that people that were opportunistic now are not waiting for cities, but instead are waiting for last zones. So what you mentioned that they recommended leaving last zone - same thing is happening now, only with middle zones.
Plus, opportunistic behavior for cities has not been addressed at all - people that were waiting for cities till now are doing just the same. Now they just have to wait more.

Next issue that is also big in my opinion is neglecting any gear and progress on char. If you take that you get 4 invader for defending last zones you can convert those into 4x5x5=100 conq medalions. Having in mind that in one day we had like 10 flips on one side (maybe even more) this means that in 1 day you can easily get full conq set, with no real contribution (you need to be in zone for like 15-30min, you can even be afk in some open wb), no bag drops, no luck involved etc. On the other hand in order to get that same quality lvl gear from scs you would need weeks and weeks of play, with actual contribution in those scs.
Same thing applies for vanq, but instead you would need 3-4 days to get full set i assume.

And, as someone mentioned people are starting to feel tricked when they push mid zones and just know there is no way to push end one. Just look at the chat, you will see a lot of "do not push past mid" messages. I am sure this was not the intention.

And finally, as someone already mentioned - forts are now completely useless and ignored. Did you maybe check what happened this morning with destro fort? There were like 50 people on the door defending it, others were afk out of groups, forming up for cities. And this will happen in the future as well, when you can get end game content once every few days people will have even less incentive to actually try to defend and prevent it from happening.

I think hiding behind "this is what community wanted" is not the right approach. We tried, it didn't work as intended, lets admit the mistake and go back to what have worked.

P.S. change for cities to give invaders till you have full set is great, well done! Keep that one for sure :)
Zealot 84, Sorc 83, BG 83, WP 50+

wonshot

Post#70 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:35 pm

Alright..

So instead of looking at the symptoms shall we look at the course here?

T2-T3-T4 middlezones give no incentive to players if they got vanq+ gear and their desired genesis + subj weapons apart from renown ticks.
On top of that the standard zonelocking mechanics are really predictable and boring with running resource boxes untill 2 stars, leave all BOs and everyone stay mounted behind 4 tanks doing a ramming minigame only to dismount every 3minuts when the oil is won by a single defender who clicked it first. Engaging gameplay? not really.

Allow the players to use abilities on the gates if the besieging realm hold more than 2/4 of the Battleopjectives, this will spread out the action in the zone and not just leaving us with the predictable "2star all neutral BO" siege situation. Letting players attack the door with very reduced damage will allow useage of a supperior number siege to rush down a zone and estabilish a foothold before the other realm can react if you do a coordinated zoneswap rush. On top of that, add a restriction so if the outerdoor is below 50% defenders can no longer respawn inside the keep, making the attackers able to spread the forces to cover the posern doors preventing reinforcements and defenders from entering the besieged keep, but again also potentially spreading the numbers and action out instead of the 100+ glorified ram-bodyguard team at frontdoor we see atm.

Alright, now we have more interactive and engaging zoneflips how about the rewards? Well get rid of the Sove requirement of Needing Invader ToK to wear Sove, and increase it to RR 80. And directly steal the chain-lock system Age of Reckoning had where the more zones you locked in a pairing the bigger bonus renown tick you accumulated when you finished pushing a pairing. Now players have intentive to stick to the realm and play the lower tier zones and midtier T4, the invader need is no longer as massive and the fighting is more engaging and based on coordination realmwide and creativity instead of a the dull outer-funnel-inner-funnel-lord-lock system we have atm.

Will some players jump on the bandwagon and join a momentum push, sure. As long as the server is free to play and allow crossrealming to some extend, there will always be this. Not only can players just make an other free account for the secondary realm, or use a VPN (it makes you bypass the realm lockout btw) :roll: But the incentive for the "realmpride" is not there atm. And I suggest giving some sort of realmwide buff based on city star that is not too combat-related but also gives you a reason to stay and fight against the snowball push when zones are chainlocking and the siege is closing in.

3Star city: Fortress lord learns a new ability to make him harder and not a garenteed win as soon as attackers secure lordroom in a fort (aoe healdebuff or whatever you come up with)
4Star city: Scenario quest-turn ins in the capital now give 2.5k renown per turn in. or double medals from the PUG only scenario.
5Star city: Land of the dead is now open for your realm
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO