Recent Topics

Ads

new invader farming

Let's talk about... everything else
Ruscour

Re: new invader farming

Post#31 » Sat May 02, 2020 3:56 am

trixrabbit wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:51 am not sure if related but SOR is also acting super weird since the change (conspiracy?)
Not sure if you've checked recently but its zone population numbers are back to sensible for me now.
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#32 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:03 am

Of my 5 destro toons, grinding out invader the old way was fine and got me 4 of them full invader and the last one is 5/7, just now 6/7 with free invader emblems at end of zones. Two days tops to get my last ring. It didn't take that long to get the set, so why hand them out for basically free now? At least let us trade-UP invader to Sov emblems, to give more incentive to keep on our mains and not just gear-out the next bank alt.

What's that you say? Why not just play the toon I like for realm pride? Pride has nothing to do with realm choice. Pride is something you get for earning something, not just a choice of A or B, Order or Destruction. And handing out free invader is not earning it if all you have to do is show up at the end zone.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

videogamer

Post#33 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:55 am

The biggest issue with RvR is the reward system effectively creating an incentive for you to throw or not engage with RvR. This change was an attempt to address this problem however because defending the last zones before fort is the only incentive in RvR currently for players as the bottleneck of the gear grind is Invaders/Royals it's not surprising the entire playerbase is only defending these zones and refusing to push.

From a rewards standpoint you gain more by turtling the last zones than anything else. Sure, you gain invaders from pushing forts with the option for cities however only ~240-190 players are eligible for forts. Forts are also complete dogshit in terms of actual gameplay, you spin around in a circle for 20 minutes then you sit at a chokepoint spamming AOE spells whilst half the classes are AFK because they're completely unable to contribute anything to this type of gameplay. Don't have enough Engineers/Bright Wizards? Well guess you lose. That's basically fort gameplay in a nutshell.

I suppose eventually this problem will correct itself eventually because getting Invader has become so trivial that now the bottleneck will be Royals so hopefully the playerbase adjusts to that and starts pushing cities again.

I think a good change would be to make it 2-3 Invader Medallions and allow Gold Bags to reward Invader/Royal Medallions past RR60. As long as it's 4 Medallions no ones going to want to do forts if you can avoid them and get the same reward.

Shooshpanzerer

Post#34 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:14 am

videogamer wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:55 am The biggest issue with RvR is the reward system effectively creating an incentive for you to throw or not engage with RvR. This change was an attempt to address this problem however because defending the last zones before fort is the only incentive in RvR currently for players as the bottleneck of the gear grind is Invaders/Royals it's not surprising the entire playerbase is only defending these zones and refusing to push.

From a rewards standpoint you gain more by turtling the last zones than anything else. Sure, you gain invaders from pushing forts with the option for cities however only ~240-190 players are eligible for forts. Forts are also complete dogshit in terms of actual gameplay, you spin around in a circle for 20 minutes then you sit at a chokepoint spamming AOE spells whilst half the classes are AFK because they're completely unable to contribute anything to this type of gameplay. Don't have enough Engineers/Bright Wizards? Well guess you lose. That's basically fort gameplay in a nutshell.

I suppose eventually this problem will correct itself eventually because getting Invader has become so trivial that now the bottleneck will be Royals so hopefully the playerbase adjusts to that and starts pushing cities again.

I think a good change would be to make it 2-3 Invader Medallions and allow Gold Bags to reward Invader/Royal Medallions past RR60. As long as it's 4 Medallions no ones going to want to do forts if you can avoid them and get the same reward.
Good idea actually. I would make it 1-5 (contribution based) + bags (only medals, no gear). ToK unlock, not rr based. Caps at Invader for losers. Wanna royals - win zones.

StaH84

Post#35 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:17 am

Whatever developers will invent there is always one issue - people. I belive that majority is playing the right way and minority is usually very vocal about their "buts" here and on every other game I played.

I dont know is it true but I have heared that Invader medallion gain is conditioned on AAO level od the enemy realm. If its too high, there wont be Invader reward. I think its a good thing but very harmful for people that actually played to win the zone and their reward was killed by 200 leachers.

The solution for may be putting the medallions im bags. Starting with green? Blue? For example:
Gold - 4 Invaders
Purple - 3 Invaders
Blue - 2 Invaders
Green - 1 Invader

Then You can jump on zones and xrealm all You want. You contributed s**t, You will get s**t
"Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth.

And these men are:
Bjoorn Wanderer - Chaos Chosen - 40 - 68
Dasmarta - Greenskin Choppa - 40 - 39
Waladan - Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine - 32 - 32

Dobzse

Post#36 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:19 am

Maybe switching sides condition should be changed. You could still switch faction after 1-3 hours lock however, after you changed sides you can only do scenarios/pve. Just give the account a chicken debuff for 2-3 hours if any character enters any rvr lake.. Really easy to implement, you get the best of both worlds. You can still switch sides if you are a more casual player but this way you dont contribute to zone/fort/city push.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

IAko

Post#37 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:05 am

Yaliskah wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:03 pm Hello! (and sorry for my frenglish)

I'm responsible of this change, and it seems some explanations are needed. Some gonna hate me after reading my wall of text i fear, but "C'est la vie" i guess.
The change has positive elements and I think longer term will lead to a requirement of better tactics to push to cities, short-term though the issues are 4 invaders is too much for a defend, should be 2 max, this should be changed as a matter of urgency as the gear gap between factions is growing by the day as the Destruction players have adapted to this change far quicker.

Additionally, faction swapping should have at least 24-hour lock during campaign and reset after a city scenario completes or be locked fully until a campaign completes (city scenario completes). As the game is and has always been a faction based mmo its mechanics should encourage playing one faction whilst having a mechanic that allows people to play both that doesn't impact the current War campaign, the current 90-min lock encourages faction swapping during a campaign to maximise gear attainment and should be reevaluated.

M0rw47h

Post#38 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:21 am

StaH84 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:17 am Whatever developers will invent there is always one issue - people. I belive that majority is playing the right way and minority is usually very vocal about their "buts" here and on every other game I played.

I dont know is it true but I have heared that Invader medallion gain is conditioned on AAO level od the enemy realm. If its too high, there wont be Invader reward. I think its a good thing but very harmful for people that actually played to win the zone and their reward was killed by 200 leachers.

The solution for may be putting the medallions im bags. Starting with green? Blue? For example:
Gold - 4 Invaders
Purple - 3 Invaders
Blue - 2 Invaders
Green - 1 Invader

Then You can jump on zones and xrealm all You want. You contributed s**t, You will get s**t
Thats great idea. Makes every zone equally important.

Ads
Thorelson

Post#39 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:32 am

M0rw47h wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:21 am
StaH84 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:17 am Whatever developers will invent there is always one issue - people. I belive that majority is playing the right way and minority is usually very vocal about their "buts" here and on every other game I played.

Gold - 4 Invaders
Purple - 3 Invaders
Blue - 2 Invaders
Green - 1 Invader

Thats great idea. Makes every zone equally important.
I really like this idea. Incentives the behaviors I assume the devs were looking for without throwing in free invaders. People will have to work for the invaders and the slight element of rng with bag rolls will balance the numbers slightly with those who don't care enough to risk that rng.

Drys

Post#40 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:12 am

I also like the current changes from the standpoint that forts and cities should be rarer events - not 3x per day cities. While not great from an ermahgad gear perspective, it makes sense from the overall campaign perspective.

Each side should be more willing to defend that last zone before a fort. It should be more difficult for attackers to take that last zone and get to the fort.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X