Recent Topics

Ads

About 2.5 sec groupheal

Let's talk about... everything else
F4llen4ngel

About 2.5 sec groupheal

Post#1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:00 am

With all due respect, and after a 5 min chill, how the fk casters do not have unstoppable for being set back continously with 106500 HP, not being able to cast one single groupheal as a champ in city siege? I have experienced the same with WP, AM, RP whatever healer. After disarming a melee, they get like 40 sec immunity. After knockdown, you get 30 sec immunity. Even if, as an AM, I use Walk Between Worlds, that says, i cannot be set back, I am set back. Thx for reading, answers also most welcome.
Bicska this Bicska that

Ads
Kaelang

Re: About 2.5 sec groupheal

Post#2 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:01 am

Because consistent group healing with absolutely no counter would be ridiculously strong.

Healers have M2 (Focused Mind) which helps in situations where you need to not be interrupted as harshly.

That being said, positioning is a huge part of efficient healing. If you're being trained, unstoppable or not, you're probably dead.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

F4llen4ngel

Post#3 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:04 am

I really appreciate your answer, still, you cannot position yourself in an open city siege, 24 vs 24, and you dont have M2 in seconds to be able to cast a single groupheal. That is not ridiculously strong, that is the opposite.
Bicska this Bicska that

Kaelang

Post#4 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:06 am

F4llen4ngel wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:04 am I really appreciate your answer, still, you cannot position yourself in an open city siege, 24 vs 24, and you dont have M2 in seconds to be able to cast a single groupheal. That is not ridiculously strong, that is the opposite.
As a heal DoK - I can honestly say I've never noticed the push back to a point you're suggesting. It's 24v24, you should be mid-back line healing and rotating with your group to keep maximum distance from their DPS. I can't honestly see an issue with the pushback that is currently in the game.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

F4llen4ngel

Post#5 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:13 am

As a heal WP myself and another WP next to me, it happened, that we could not cast a single 1 sec groupheal, been continuously set back. And that is 2.5 time faster than AM's. And again, you cannot position yourself to be backline in 3rd stage city siege, cause we were pushed back to our start place wall, and that is okay for me. The only thing not okay is that I could not cast my GH once. With 106.5k hp.. But okay I can accept :)
Bicska this Bicska that

Twyxx

Post#6 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:41 am

I've never had that issue so consistently.

jtj5002

Post#7 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:55 am

Positioning is more important in 24 man than anything else. If all your wb do is fight people straight on with your healers in the backline, then yea, you are kind of asking for your backline to get wrecked. Stay mobile and have your healers push past/circle around the blob and re-establish new backlines as the fight goes on.
Never really had problems getting heals off even with quite a few melee train on my as DoK. But if you got pushed to spawn in city stage 3, you pretty much lost already.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Wiede

Post#8 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:30 am

Sure, it's not just OP spamming the grpheal hotkey and it's interrupted instead of set back probably including a buggy castbar addon?

Ads
Vayra

Post#9 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:22 am

Kaelang wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:06 am
F4llen4ngel wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:04 am I really appreciate your answer, still, you cannot position yourself in an open city siege, 24 vs 24, and you dont have M2 in seconds to be able to cast a single groupheal. That is not ridiculously strong, that is the opposite.
As a heal DoK - I can honestly say I've never noticed the push back to a point you're suggesting. It's 24v24, you should be mid-back line healing and rotating with your group to keep maximum distance from their DPS. I can't honestly see an issue with the pushback that is currently in the game.
As DoKs we have it pretty good, we have short cast times and not a lot of pushback on it. I've still had a single KE take upwards of 3 seconds to cast due to pushback. However, Zealots/AMs have double the cast time on their group heal to start, and it feels like more pushback. So they get punished far more for it. And they're squishier than a well-built DoK so the pushback hurts even more. Last night in city siege we chunked down an AM champ to under 20% in like 3 seconds before she got help and managed to sneak away for a few seconds and then she died. Compare that to a WP that can just stand there, AOE detaunt and stay at a comfy life total for a while.

Pushback is also really annoying when playing Sorc. We're squishy enough as it is, we should be able to do damage while getting beat on like melee dps.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:50 am

Spoiler:
Vayra wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:22 am
Kaelang wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:06 am
As DoKs we have it pretty good, we have short cast times and not a lot of pushback on it. I've still had a single KE take upwards of 3 seconds to cast due to pushback. However, Zealots/AMs have double the cast time on their group heal to start, and it feels like more pushback. So they get punished far more for it. And they're squishier than a well-built DoK so the pushback hurts even more. Last night in city siege we chunked down an AM champ to under 20% in like 3 seconds before she got help and managed to sneak away for a few seconds and then she died. Compare that to a WP that can just stand there, AOE detaunt and stay at a comfy life total for a while.

Pushback is also really annoying when playing Sorc. We're squishy enough as it is, we should be able to do damage while getting beat on like melee dps.
OP is a WP...a DoK on steroids