Recent Topics

Ads

Reward for not throwing zone before fort

Let's talk about... everything else
TimOh

Re: Reward for not throwing zone before fort

Post#41 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:19 am

I think that it is a misconception that people who want to be able to obtain gear sets from cities and forts by other means then playing in those specific zones just "want to get them faster." I know for myself this is not the case, in my opinion locking gear to zones encourages people to throw zones instead of just playing Warhammer. I addition, the change to giving defenders of pre-fort zones, which to be fair shows that those who work on this game actually care about it, still encourages people to throw the middle zone in order to guarantee invaders either on pre-fort zone or in the fort.

There are a couple of reasons that I think drives people to throw zones.

1) Gear is tied to specific zones, as long as gear is tied to what zone they are in and not tied to what the players actions are, things like city logging and the attempt to throw zones will continue. When players can log in and play in a zone to have fun and simultaneously progress their gear that will lead to the desired effect of discouraging zone throwing. Even if the progression is much slower than playing in cities and forts the progression will still exist.

2) Players have a limited amount of time to play RoR, and tied to this point is that Warhammer has gear progression. Players are going to want their time spent playing something to be efficient, as such playing in a zone for the entirety of the time they have to play and just getting more vanquisher medallions directly leads to throwing. Human beings are not immortal, time is a resource that we spend and even though RvR is fun (not zerging) and since Warhammer is a game that includes gear progression players will naturally want to be able to obtain that gear with their allotment of time playing, and not to hoping that when they are able to log in one of these zones will be available.

I would also like to end this post saying that the individuals who work on this game deal with a lot of unjustified flak. We as players sometimes need to step back and realize that the devs and whatnot are people who want to keep this game going, and do it using their own time and as far as I know are not paid for it. So most of the time, I think, we need to relax and remember that this is a game.

Ads
EsthelielSunfury

Post#42 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:52 am

Well there you go, the easier access to invader after the patch has made xrealming even more insane. The moment the pre-fort zone opens, world records for 2* keeps are done from the defenders. Destro just sieged and cleared Black Crag just now in about 30 mins.

I'm not too sure easier access to gear is the solution, I personally thought it was fine with Forts and Cities giving invader. The x4 reward on pre-fort zones are making people not bother with middle zones now. Taking Thunder Mountain with 30 people is a bit wierd.

rafiozo

Post#43 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:41 pm

new way of farming --> get to the zone before fort lock it (as defenders)
then dont bother mid zone
let them cap it
repeat
profit

1 single day already 4 locks of zone before fort = 4x4=16 invaders in like 3-4h ? or less ?

Gms - check it today destro is farming invaders like crazy.. (it is a bit hmm not working as intended) ?

synyster3

Post#44 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:20 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:52 am Well there you go, the easier access to invader after the patch has made xrealming even more insane. The moment the pre-fort zone opens, world records for 2* keeps are done from the defenders. Destro just sieged and cleared Black Crag just now in about 30 mins.

I'm not too sure easier access to gear is the solution, I personally thought it was fine with Forts and Cities giving invader. The x4 reward on pre-fort zones are making people not bother with middle zones now. Taking Thunder Mountain with 30 people is a bit wierd.
People will always find ways to abuse xrealming with 90mins lock.. Taking back end zone wouldn't be free if people didn't switch sides, people will soon realize they are not getting as much city and cant get royal, the tunnel vision will go away and things will be back to normal..