Reward for not throwing zone before fort

Let's talk about... everything else
synyster3

Reward for not throwing zone before fort

Post#1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:56 pm

Successful zone defense means denying your own fort and delaying city.. but you get nothing other than a small amount of renown and Realm Pride... shouldn't the reward be better for a successful keep defense in last zone? since you gave up so much by not throwing for fort and potentially city.. missing out on loot for trying doesn't feel right, there should be some form of compensation for the effort.. reward should at least be somewhat in line compared to throwing, and I shouldn't have to question my decision for try hard stopping the zone before fort and stop my gearing progress significantly...

Ads
Vayra

Re: Reward for not throwing zone before fort

Post#2 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:04 pm

You get an invader medallion, which is pretty good given the low chance of actually making it into the fort if the zone fell.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

synyster3

Post#3 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:46 pm

Vayra wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:04 pm You get an invader medallion, which is pretty good given the low chance of actually making it into the fort if the zone fell.
That 1 invader isn't even guaranteed, many people including myself didn't get the 1 invader from Caledor flip twice this week... after a successful defense then zone flipping, not even a single tick of renown from zone flip either.

And Fort Reservation is super easy to get, I always get fort (about 15 ish) where I contribute and not late to the party. 4 invader even losing fort and 6 for winning is not comparable to the 1 that you may or may not get. And rarely you go from defending to attacking the same zone in a short time, last night in BC destro wiped order siege and go to another zone. I've spent 2 hours defending and another 2 waiting to take the zone, which didn't happen and result in 0 invader, maybe 10-20k renwon that can be gotten in 2 good SC...

jtj5002

Post#4 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:30 pm

I think making these changes would have a huge effect and would stop a lot of the throwing (along with the recent banhammers).

1) Denying a fort gives 2-3 invaders to rr 50+
2) Denying a city gives 2-3 royals to rr 70+

This would give a lot of incentives to the city loggers and the high RRs that would never come out to ORVR
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Detangler

Post#5 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:45 am

Here's how it should be:

Last zone successful defense:
1 royal (70+) or invader (<70) for all (since no limit on participants)

Its the "everyone participates" award. Great for when the server is super populated.

Successful city blocking fort defense:
2 royal (70+ only) + 2 invader + 4 invader (zone participant award) for successful fort defense

2 royals for 70+ cause at this point because:

1 - They'll want the 6 invaders cause they need the set before they can even use sovereign, and

2 - As a consolation cause they took the quick way out to get less rewards.

It also encourages the "Is (faction) really pushing a 1* city?" / "Its only the first zone, I don't got time for a city" reason for line of thinking for winning a defense. Its also enough of a reward to really stick it to the losing attackers. What pub trash they are!

Any more of a reward would be silly and would be too close to what you would get from a 2* city fight.
Last edited by Detangler on Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

anarchypark

Post#6 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:56 am

this had been brought up many times.
nobody care or answer the flaw - ping pong game.

currently it's only happening at very end contents, rank5 city ping pong.
I think It's on acceptable lvl cuz there are a lot of branch scenarios happening between rank5.
but if one side reach rank5, only 1 scenario left.

community split into 2, who want ping pong, who don't.

your suggestion will make this happen more frequently.
why fight, don't feed, reported, muted, shitshow dramas. only for easy farming.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Wdova

Post#7 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:16 am

anarchypark wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:56 am this had been brought up many times.

I think It's on acceptable lvl cuz there are a lot of branch scenarios happening between rank5.

If so is there any solution for this zone/fort throwing for fort/city?
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

R3xz

Post#8 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Wdova wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:16 am
anarchypark wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:56 am this had been brought up many times.

A simple solution would just be to increase reward for successful fort defense, and for successful counter sieges that push a pre-fort zone back into the middle zone.

Although in my opinion for some people that wouldn't even be nearly enough. You'd have to have something juicier than simply increasing medallion earned or RR gained, say... an increase in your bag roll or something, or opening up more slots for gold/purple bag to appear for your realm specifically during fort... or have royal crests be rewarded on top of invader medallion in exchange for "denying city from happening" instead of "throwing fort so city can happen".

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:22 pm

Wdova wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:16 am

current system is better than this suggestion. and maybe devs working on something, like city functions depend on ranks.

and mute threatening reduced throw vocals recently. that's enough for me.
if they hide in shadow refusing fight, it's like npc. u can ignore them.
sometimes them doing nothing is better than troll moves or throwing speeches. and more chance to contribute for me.

I accepted their throwing, it could be that he want city once in a week or 2 crest left for full set etc. only if they don't interfere with my game play that's seeking good fight, facing impossible odds, fight together die together, basically war.

most importantly for me, less whining.
let me die in peace fighting, u'll get fort/city.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Drekan

Post#10 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:06 pm

1% of server thinking about it, 99% just retardly take or def keep all days long and probably dont know about reward mecanics
maybe someday everyone understand and let city be pushed and stop waste everyone time and get 1 royal for fort def... lol
def city access should give much more rewards than city def itself..
Elizerain Thex