City ques!!!

Let's talk about... everything else
Manatikik

Re: City ques!!!

Post#11 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:23 am

Mornmagor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:19 am
Manatikik wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:08 am
malton2 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 am

no its not... how u gonna get royals as if u cant get in city?? thats a minimum of 8-20 royals (if u r lucky)

Build. A. WB.
If you're not going to post anything constructive, but only say "form a wb" or "change sides", please just leave the discussion.

Yes when you push for hours to forts, back to the mid, then forts again, to get to a city, and you get left out because you played the "wrong side", then there's something wrong.

I was part of that warband, and it is not the first time this happened. It also happened with a full warband. It depends on the current population.

There are a lot of solutions for this, and "switch sides" or "form a wb" are not solutions.
Weirdly enough they are solutions. Ive never missed a city i've queued for. Just cause you don't like a solution doesn't not make it a solution. Form a full WB, solo queue, or play the defending faction.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#12 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:27 am

This is a huge problem that started since day 1 cities were implemented. This is also why i don't work on pushing rvr zones anymore, it's a sad show not being able to get in a city when you worked all day to push for it.

Devs really need to get a hang of this and work on PvE cities.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Sulorie

Post#13 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:51 am

adapter wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:27 am This is a huge problem that started since day 1 cities were implemented. This is also why i don't work on pushing rvr zones anymore, it's a sad show not being able to get in a city when you worked all day to push for it.

Devs really need to get a hang of this and work on PvE cities.
No, they don't have to add pve instances. You want best loot, you fight for it. You want pops, you make warbands or join them. You go solo, to become a filler for instances where people crashed. If this isn't helping, you go defend, they always get pops, even 2 min before end.

You got tools, you only have to use them.
For best gear you are not going to kill some trash mobs, forget it.
Dying is no option.

thomas1995

Post#14 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:03 am

Destro has more players to go to city, You can't just form a 12-man wb and hope you get pugs all the time. The amount of players in order is limited.

That's the same debate has saying on World of Warcraft : '' DAMN my side queues are hour long while alliance has no queues, fix it please''.

The dev team can't garantee you a queue every God Damn Time. And just playing the campaign shouldn't reward you with Royal crests. Sov gear should feel special and not just another conq set.

Feels like it's a cry baby post to tell us, give us free royal because we participated in the campaign. ( Which is ludicrous, so everyone that participated on the campaign, will get free royals ? )

There is no solution for destro side, build a full WB ( fill them with lfg's) and queue for it, or try your luck as a solo / 6 man.

AxelF

Post#15 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:50 am

It's really quite obvious, city seiges are equal numbers of order vs destro. If you're playing the faction that has more people online at that time then some people are going to miss out as there simply aren't enough opposition online to match up 1 for 1. Nothing the devs can do about people congregating to the winning side, there's a natural snowball effect.

The two options you have, much as you don't want to hear it, are suck it up or play the underpopulated realm and be guaranteed a city instance.

Kaelang

Post#16 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:10 pm

Not getting a pop sucks - I get it.

That being said, unless the balance in population is absolutely equal in terms of group size and people queuing, there will always be people who don’t get in. That’s the same in absolutely every game. It’s maths.

Asking for ‘compensation’ for playing the game is interesting. You are experiencing a well maintained and developed game, by volunteers, that is no longer supported by publishers or the initial developers.

I’d you’re going to bash the system, work on providing a solid solution and some constructive criticism. This thread isn’t either.

Queue as 24 for the highest chance of getting in. If you don’t have the people on in friends, there is an LFG channel.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

synyster3

Post#17 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:36 pm

Waiting for City Pop is the most stressful moment in game. Had quite a few 12 man que where we qued within 10sec of que opening and barely got in at instance 25 out of like 30.. with 10-15 mins left until city close.. Also had a full wb not getting city pop this week.

Watching instances go up, knowing you have less chance with each ongoing instance is a very unpleasant experience..

There needs to be a remedy before too many people not getting city and quit... which bricks city even more..

TreefAM

Post#18 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:55 pm

The gear is going nowhere, stop stressing this bullshit so much, it's not THAT better than the rest of the available gear.

Ads
Dabush

Post#19 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:48 pm

You’re all missing his point. He was playing all day to get to city, contributing to getting to city and once we finally got to city, someone else who probably just got a discord notification city soon logged in for the first time and basically took his spot.

I also queued as a 6 man less than a minute after queues were open and didn’t get in.

What if they added overall contribution towards getting into cities? Like every other portion of the t2 t3 t4 cities rinse and repeat. To say cities is different than orvr is just ridiculous.

ClemmonGrab

Post#20 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:17 pm

Maybe don't xrealm to destro looking to farm a currently underplayed order then? Actions have consequences.