Recent Topics

Ads

Incentive for RvR participation

Let's talk about... everything else
darklord360

Incentive for RvR participation

Post#1 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:56 am

Hi. I've been thinking about this alot. Sure, it takes alot of effort to get to City Siege - those pushes are carried on the backs of organized Warbands and alot of people, solo or grouped. But perhaps a large number waits it out and simply logs on their character of choice when City is up. Then there is another large number that is not able to make it to Cities and such due to playtimes - Can we make a kill quest available in each Tier 4 Warcamp (maybe make it available only to rank 40) that is something along the lines of : Kill 1000 Empire Players 1000 Elf Players 1000 Dwarf players *reward* 1 Royal Crest + 1 Invader Crest. This reward is premium of course but killing a large amount of players like this would definetely take a while and would promote Warband play and participation in a very big way. Even in those Tier 2 and 3 pairings where nobody seems interested. Incentive for killing Armies and scores of opposition, what better way for our good Kings and Lords Tchar'Zanek and Karl Franz to reward us with one crest for championing the good cause of our realm? Alternatively you could also make a crest reward for capturing one of each pairing , t2 t3 t4 mid zone, t4 endzone. Slow but steady progress towards gear progression for those who put in the work but arent able to make it to the end is all i am asking. Thank you.

Ads
EsthelielSunfury

Re: Incentive for RvR participation

Post#2 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:38 am

I would say there is a lot of incentive for rank 40s, especially the fresh ones to do a lot of RvR with the way the game is laid out at the moment. It's all I've done as a new player dinging rank 40 like 3 weeks ago and with decent playtimes I got 3 vanquisher items and 40 invader tokens for it, which is quite a lot considering I cannot even wear the stuff I'm able to buy yet.

I'll disagree with the City loggers being a large number. The pop number on the website would explode if the largest part of the playerbase simply did that. There a few who do so, but mostly people who cannot play very often, and considering recent troubles, that's not a lot.

I'm not entirely in favor of making invader or crests available elsewhere except the content they were designed for. It's seemingly a very powerful currency considering the kind of gear you can buy with that and the reward for joining random warbands and eventually collecting all you need might have the kind of slippery slope effect people might regret later on. Ease of access into powerful gear is what might hurt the community aspect of a PvP MMO since only the people who commit are able to get there at the moment.

Just what I've noticed, might be wrong since my beef with RvR design is elsewhere.

Stkillinger

Post#3 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:46 am

RvR participation is an issue for people that are past Vanquisher. That's why you suddenly have 1k people in a zone leading to a fort, but then only 400-500 left active across all pairings after the fort ends.

I think a lot of people find other things to do until it reaches fort/city time. Doing pve stuff, fashionhammer, doing SCs, or just afking and tabbing in to check SoR.

Any incentive to keep people going would be great. The biggest incentive should be playing to have fun, but its only so much fun for a bunch of people who aren't actively working towards anything that can be obtained outside of forts or cities. Putting Royals into rvr should be a hard no though, as cities are the end game content, but maybe have additional end game rvr content that can also give them. Though that is something else entirely.

Maybe cosmetic rewards or something to work towards that would encourage extended WB play. Not against invader medals being added in as there is always a deadline of when you need to get them that many players aren't reaching(rr70 before it becomes annoying)
Let's be friends until our enemy is defeated.

RobertP

Post#4 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:51 pm

My problem with the current RVR is the unbalanced tiers . You have lvl 40 moaning that the lower lvl players "leaching " exp )although they went through the same procedure. Getting targeted by lvl 40 geared players is not fun. By pushing the tiers together id makes it so the lower tier players are NOT LEARNING their skills as should be because most skills aren't available to them. People are required to skip very important content (as very little lower tier content is being run} and making the rvr very little fun for the outmatched deaths that are all too common. Supposedly upping us to lvl 48 makes us competitive but it dosent. We dont have the armor or the spells that can make even close to competitive in the tvt lake. It has also caused the rvr lake to become nothing but a zerg fest as 3 to 500 people per side descend on a zone.. Numbers not talent control the winners and losers. I was with warhammer from day one until it ended and LOVE the game, but this change on RVR is making it a shadow of what it was. It was nice having tier RVR and gratifying as one progressed to the next tier. For those who say they do fine in the zergs are either hiding well od have no clue as to what it used to be. If anyone can honestly tell me they can stand toe to toe as lower lvl vs, a geared lvl 40 are liars or out in lala land. As the server probably needed this when few were playing I can understand the process but as there are several thousand on daily it should no longer be nesessary and restored to the way the game was designed.

Thanks for listening.