Recent Topics

Ads

I Recorded 7 Days of City Scores

Let's talk about... everything else
Starx

Re: I Recorded 7 Days of City Scores

Post#11 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:13 pm

Destro has more viable classes when it comes to city, and whether related to this or not they have a good bit more actual premades than order. Anyone that plays both sides knows you cannot afford to wait even a second when queing for city on destro and even when you que 0 second you might be waiting 10 minutes to get in as a premade. Order is another story...

Last week queing with our 12 man we were really only afraid of running into 2 order groups, had we been playing order that number would easily double if not more.

Ppl crying about morale... idk if the devs want real data they need to pull data from city instances where its 2 premades vs each other and its actually a close enough fight for morales to even matter. I have a feeling a majority of the losses in city are absolute stomps where the fight is over before ppl even have M1.

Ads
poisonedshotz

Post#12 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:15 pm

Thats what happens when everyone on order wants to play engineer instead of melee dps

heybaws

Post#13 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:18 pm

Competent destro players are blobbed in same guilds or alliances and playing together.
Competent order players scattered all over the place, it can be dead guilds or guilds where average player can't really tell if punts and knockdowns share different immunities or not. It's not game balance issue, atleast for now you can't really say that for sure.
Last edited by heybaws on Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starx

Post#14 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:03 pm Well, wont have to worry about bane shield craziness on that list anymore.

part of the reason is destro having slightly more classes with warband viable specs not taking up useless spots. AKA SW vs Melee squig

part of the reason is all the non-warband viable classes being overrepresented in orvr on order side, thus further limiting options for building solid warbands. AKA Engineer numbers vs. Magus numbers, although i have no factual backing for this, just my own (probably misguided) intuition.

but feel free to counter my claims with actual facts, cause i really don't have any here.
I dont think it's misguided

There are more WH's than WE's (both pretty **** city classes) because WH is a better solo ganker and thats what people play these classes for.

There are more Engineers because of RP scene, and engineer is really fun to play. Not sure why there are less magus, but still stands these classes are a blast to play in ORvR but when it comes to city their flaws starts showing really hard.

MSH is amazing and SW is a dumpsterfire, this is what hurts order and the meta the most atm (as much as id like to shill for my magus it has to be said). I see some groups using SW to the best of its ability currently in kill groups rather than being in the bomb... but that highly organized groups SW just isnt translating well into pugs or non top tier premades so its hurting the realm as a whole.

And either way, my post above's point stands about organization imbalance. Maybe the devs could start logging city que data... and start looking at all the cities and comparing how many solo que/small mans order has vs destro.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:20 pm

A bit surprised that winrate in Altdorf and IC is more or less the same, cause order does has a disadvantage when fighting in Altdorf throne room. All 3 other possible locations are balanced. But you cant say much with such a little data basis.

Thanks for posting this statistics.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

adamthelc

Post#16 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:21 pm

Could be a lot of different things to explain a higher win rate. There is a big difference between top end groups and low end groups, so I am guessing the biggest cause is more low end groups on order.

Also wins and losses isn't a great depiction of what actually happens in cities if you ask me. Doesn't it just take into account the last stage?

dansari

Post#17 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:31 pm

adamthelc wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:21 pm Doesn't it just take into account the last stage?
Yes
<Salt Factory>

Sirlagsalot

Post#18 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:32 pm

I am just gona say it.... with the order bias destro has had to "Git Gud" or get stomped leading to an overall more competent destro player base.........when you run in to order that know what there doing there invincible...........
Lorglagsalot RR83 Melee DOK for life

Ads
kmark101

Post#19 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:03 pm

Well, from my personal experience after many city sieges, this is how a typical fight goes:

Order:
Try to split asap, 4 groups move individually, SPREAD SPREAD SPREAD, one group runs from the back, other group runs from the side they need to hit in the exact same second for perfect synergy to avoid avoid avoid avoid morale drops, NOW you have 4 groups all corners, ONE assist, sprint to assist that guy, ffs someone dd not assist so that DoK fled, but SPREAD SPREAD SPREAD iNCOMING morale drops!!!!, phew only 6 dead, now stabilize rez rez, take the wipe, regroup, new strategy.

vs

Destro:
Blob, pump, drop in 20seconds, if many dead then move and mop up the survivors, interrupt rezzes quick with taunt or knocks, done.

Am I the only one who sees slight balance problems when you compare them?
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

admanb

Post#20 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:23 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:03 pm Well, wont have to worry about bane shield craziness on that list anymore.

part of the reason is destro having slightly more classes with warband viable specs not taking up useless spots. AKA SW vs Melee squig

part of the reason is all the non-warband viable classes being overrepresented in orvr on order side, thus further limiting options for building solid warbands. AKA Engineer numbers vs. Magus numbers, although i have no factual backing for this, just my own (probably misguided) intuition.

but feel free to counter my claims with actual facts, cause i really don't have any here.
I think this is all fairly accurate. Order has some of the best classes in the game at their role (KoBS, WL, WP) but the middle and bottom tiers of Order classes are weaker than the middle and bottom tiers of Destro classes.