Recent Topics

Ads

Thoughts on improving the tiering system

Let's talk about... everything else
rameden

Thoughts on improving the tiering system

Post#1 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pm

A few guildies and I were talking last night and got on the topic of new players and how we could improve the quality of the game for them as well as improve the game for veterans. After some discussion we came up with a fairly simple improvement. Split out T2 into it's own tier.

Reasons we came up with as to why this would be a good idea:

When a new player hits rank 16 they are tossed into T4 without any idea of how keeps, seige weapons, rams, keep ranking work. They are left to figure it out. Now only can this cause frustration in new players who have been used to just hashing it out oRvR but veteran players now having to deal with a new player grabbing the ram on accident, trying to bum rush destro in their keep... I am sure there are lots more reasons.

New rank 16 players, while bolstered, just get wrecked by any moderately geared 40. This is not fun for them, while the 40 may have his ego boosted for killed the newb, the new players can be put off by how underpowered they are.

Gives the new player time to learn more about their class, learn that grouping and working together is key to taking keeps. I am sure there are a lot more reasons but you get the gist.

TLDR: T1 is great for learning oRvR, T2 should be turned into the training ground for T3/T4.

Thoughts?
Too many alts to count...

Ads
cursedflesh

Re: Thoughts on improving the tiering system

Post#2 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:32 pm

rameden wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pm Thoughts?
this was suggested multiple times and we all got simple answer - no ... just use forum search to find it yourself
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

SeTiDaYeTi

Post#3 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:13 pm

rameden wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pm [...] veteran players now having to deal with a new player grabbing the ram on accident, trying to bum rush destro in their keep... I am sure there are lots more reasons.
Player grabbing the ram on accident here!

rameden

Post#4 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:55 pm

cursedflesh wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:32 pm
rameden wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pm Thoughts?
this was suggested multiple times and we all got simple answer - no ... just use forum search to find it yourself
Ah I know it was in the past but the population didn't support it. With the boost in numbers I was wondering if it would be able to re-looked at.

Detangler

Post#5 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:57 pm

rank 16s are only worth like 20 rp to a rank 40 even when solo. its hardly even worth the time to kill them.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

rameden

Post#6 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:38 pm

Detangler wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:57 pm rank 16s are only worth like 20 rp to a rank 40 even when solo. its hardly even worth the time to kill them.
We all know you do it anyways ;). Not about the RP, about making a point

Detangler

Post#7 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:03 pm

rameden wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:38 pm
Detangler wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:57 pm rank 16s are only worth like 20 rp to a rank 40 even when solo. its hardly even worth the time to kill them.
We all know you do it anyways ;). Not about the RP, about making a point
Yeah, but most times I feel bad about it.... most times...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Kragg

Post#8 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:48 pm

rameden wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pm A few guildies and I were talking last night and got on the topic of new players and how we could improve the quality of the game for them as well as improve the game for veterans. After some discussion we came up with a fairly simple improvement. Split out T2 into it's own tier.

Reasons we came up with as to why this would be a good idea:

When a new player hits rank 16 they are tossed into T4 without any idea of how keeps, seige weapons, rams, keep ranking work. They are left to figure it out. Now only can this cause frustration in new players who have been used to just hashing it out oRvR but veteran players now having to deal with a new player grabbing the ram on accident, trying to bum rush destro in their keep... I am sure there are lots more reasons.

New rank 16 players, while bolstered, just get wrecked by any moderately geared 40. This is not fun for them, while the 40 may have his ego boosted for killed the newb, the new players can be put off by how underpowered they are.

Gives the new player time to learn more about their class, learn that grouping and working together is key to taking keeps. I am sure there are a lot more reasons but you get the gist.

TLDR: T1 is great for learning oRvR, T2 should be turned into the training ground for T3/T4.

Thoughts?
People will outgrow tier 2 in no time. We need all those zones to cater to the end game campaigns. Before the zones were completely void of people and scenario's. The massive influx of new players will eventually die down again and then you have to change it all over again. Plus i love Barak Varr so leave the tiers alone! :P
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads