Recent Topics

Ads

Butcher or Cultivating

Let's talk about... everything else
Vizio

Butcher or Cultivating

Post#1 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:15 am

I am not sure how to proceed with this. My IB is a tank and loving it. I have apothecary and not sure if I should take butchery or cultivating. At 40+ I imagine I will be using armor and toughness/wounds pots. So would I take butchery for this? Also does butchery allow for HP rejuvenation pots? Thanks.

Ads
notrandomatall

Re: Butcher or Cultivating

Post#2 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:04 am

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can make rejuvenation potions without cultivation. Also leveling apothecary without cultivation is a pain. If you've already maxed apothecary I'd grab butchering though.

Vayra

Post#3 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:51 am

Butchery is the only source of the HoT potions I think.

I would put Cultivation on the character you intend to play the most. Butchering can go on a different character you don't play as much and can plant in a farm spot most of the time.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

DirkDaring

Post#4 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:28 pm

Do both, i have cultivation, Apothecary n an alt , and Butcher on another toon, and blue seeds i get in dungeons i just mail to the alt, to make ,

you will need butcher, for armor mats, and damage asorb mats, or you can buy them off the AH.

I tend to have multiple toons with trade skills , like i have 2 that scavenger, 2 that are salvage, 1 talisman maker, etc . all send seeds to the apoth alt, and 1 butcher, as i dont farm with him often,

Fey

Post#5 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:43 pm

You can grow HoT seeds. Bittersweet elvish parsley if I remember. If you don't have either start with cultivating.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

jokerspsycho

Post#6 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Is there a resource around for lvl cultivating and what you have to do?

Noslock

Post#7 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:09 pm

Hot potion can be made with cultivating.The thing u cant make with cultivating are mainly armour pots (butcher lizard) and absorb pots (butcher bats) and probably toughness pots (from spider if i remember right).i love cultivating cause u dont need to farm nothing u can cultivate while in sc,while in rvr and while in pve or wc but i have an aoe capable butcher cause my main need shittons of absorb pots

Fey

Post#8 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:24 pm

Easiest way to level cultivating is to grow one type of seed, usually AP or heal. That would be dandedragon or spumepetal. Wait for special moments and convert your plants back into seeds.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Naelar

Post#9 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:15 pm

I think scorpions also drop mats for either the armor or absorb pots.

Skullgrin

Post#10 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:44 pm

You can make all the potions you need as a tank from butchering. Cultivating is for Elves and other lesser races...

:lol: :P :lol:

Oh, and the best source for armor pots are the lvl 40 wyverns in the order PQ in Black Crag.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80