Recent Topics

Ads

The Thunder Valley problem

Let's talk about... everything else
Akilinus

The Thunder Valley problem

Post#1 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:45 pm

So Thunder valley seem real popular for some reason....

The flags are worth too many points, making the scenario last 5 min.

People are avoiding fights to run to an uncontested flag instead.

Since you dont fight the enemy it does not matter that your team got 0 healers.

All this combined turns all the other scenarios obsolete since farming emblems in Thunder valley is so much faster than any other scenario.

8-)
Last edited by Akilinus on Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
toffikx

Re: The Thunder Valley problem

Post#2 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:03 am

The problem isnt Thunder Valley but you; the competitive elitist tryhard crowd.
The guard swappers, detaunters and other NB users whose only purpose is to worsen our gameplay experience.
Let us cap our flags in peace, we have enough of the elitist pvpers in this game.
What Thunder Valley needs is more flag variety and most important of all, spawnable PvE bosses.

Martok

Post#3 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:58 am

Thunder Valley is an emblem grind. Most players use it for little else.

In addition, I know you are employing satire, however:
toffikx wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:03 amThe problem isnt Thunder Valley but you; the competitive elitist tryhard crowd.

One can be competitive without being elitist. Choosing to try and win a fight and choosing to be a **** stem from two entirely different mindsets.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Onemantankwall

Post#4 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:25 am

Martok wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:58 am Thunder Valley is an emblem grind. Most players use it for little else.

In addition, I know you are employing satire, however:
toffikx wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:03 amThe problem isnt Thunder Valley but you; the competitive elitist tryhard crowd.

One can be competitive without being elitist. Choosing to try and win a fight and choosing to be a **** stem from two entirely different mindsets.
Stomping ungeared pugs is competitive? 6 mans crying that theres a single sc they cant spawn camp to win is trolololo funny.

Wonder how many 6v6 ranked has popped since its been out for these "competitive" players. I bet devs can count the number on their hands lol. Anyone trying to defend elitest behavior by saying they are trying to be "competive" is a joke.

Everyone knows 6v6s don't pop. Enjoy the solo pug farm when TV isnt in rotation.

Besides, if you were truly "competitive" people wouldnt complain about others gearing up to their level for a better more "competitive" fight.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Mordd

Post#5 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:00 am

Akilinus wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:45 pm

Since you dont fight the enemy its does not matter that your team got 0 healers.
LMAO Ive seen it all now. Destro complaining because order has a shortage of healers.

adamthelc

Post#6 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:57 am

There is nothing wrong with the scenario existing. I think its a terrible scenario from an enjoyment standpoint. So I don't queue for it, but if people like it more power to them.

Starx

Post#7 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:08 am

Maybe TV isn't the problem, maybe the problem is scenarios like talabec damn, HPC, etc... or the outrageous grind for oppressors when vanq/sub is 10x easier to get and the same ilvl.

Im not saying to make things easy mode, but like in all things there's a sweetspot between too much grind burning ppl out, or too little removing any sense of accomplishment. You cant scare ppl away from your content if you want them to do it, I find myself in a state of not really caring at all about opp/65 weps ill get them whenever I get them, but maybe thats the right mentality anyways?

No one actually enjoys TV spamming, its just a symptom of the current grind structure.

If TV gets "fixed" without looking at the unseen/whole part of the equation then ppl just move on to the next unfun most efficient grind (token factory etc...).

Nefarian78

Post#8 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:22 am

Thundervalley is the only thing that makes solo-farming Oppressor for gearing alts bearable.

It takes longer to farm the Oppressor set and weapons than it takes getting all of Redeye, Sentinel and Bloodlord combined.

Before nerfing Thundervalley, the Oppressor grind needs to be looked at. It has always been (and still is) absurd compared to PvE and Vanquisher.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:33 am

Why TV is great:
1. 8 emblems a win
2. Up to 7 emblems on a close loss
3. Doesn't matter if you got enough healers or tanks. Any combo can out cap you while you focus too much on getting one flag capped.
4. Games don't last forever.
5. Low population matches can get some fun smallman fights and 1v1s.

Why TV sucks:
1. Strategy, if you can call it that, can mean you have a chance to beat someone if you can't beat them in a straight up fight.
2. It lasts for what feels like 5 minutes max. Every time. Great if you just want emblems as fast as possible, bad if you just wanna have some good fights and it's a close game. There are sometimes those memorable matches where you pull off the win at the last minute. You don't get that feeling really in TV.
3. You get up to 7 emblems on a loss. Of course that will be the only scenario you will see all week. What other games award that much and are done in 5 minutes? Even the weekly PUG scenario cant ever offer that much.
4. Come on, 7 emblems? What were you guys thinking, of course we were all going to exploit it and minimize the grind.
5. When the scenario gets up to 24 players, it can get real chaotic.

TL:DR The emblem grind sucks, this gives the most emblems per hour by far. The player base will spam it all week every time it comes in rotation. If you like the TV scenario, then its like a week long holiday of mindless murder. If you hate it then I guess you go roam oRvR a while and cross your fingers that they change the emblem reward numbers for it someday.
Last edited by Detangler on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ruscour

Post#10 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:13 am

^ this is a perfect summary. I'd much rather play a scenario with actual gameplay, but those 800 emblems aren't gonna grind themselves - so buff the other scenarios and rework the ones that end in 15 minute stalemates most of the time
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!