Recent Topics

Ads

Xrealm Ram Trolling Intentional or Abuse?

Let's talk about... everything else
EsthelielSunfury

Re: Xrealm Ram Trolling Intentional or Abuse?

Post#11 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:13 am

Mate there was a guy on CW a few days ago just spawning the ram alone and sending it to Destro WBs straight away, he did it three times in a row. Gotta appreciate the commitment.

I can tell you for sure it's not stupid or newer players, I still have no idea how to spawn the ram or when to do it after 240 hours on this game.

Ads
Foltestik

Post#12 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:18 am

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:13 am I still have no idea how to spawn the ram or when to do it after 240 hours on this game.
im playing here from T1 only times, i spawn ram twice, once i stuck him in posterns and one times i stuck him in same bush. I belive sameone will acuse me for Xrealming :D

courtsdad1

Post#13 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 am

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:13 am Mate there was a guy on CW a few days ago just spawning the ram alone and sending it to Destro WBs straight away, he did it three times in a row. Gotta appreciate the commitment.

I can tell you for sure it's not stupid or newer players, I still have no idea how to spawn the ram or when to do it after 240 hours on this game.
You most certainly can't say that but it's not surprising.

Clicking on the ram was an occasional issue before the influx of new players so now with more it happens more often.

With so many new players wanting to spawn a ram the second one is available yet having no idea what they are doing or how to place it.

People, old and new players, in a hurry to jump on be the ram when it's finally placed ( but not properly) but not watching chat ( an epidemic in the game now) causes big issues. With the on it you can't move it. I'm not saying it's malicious but in some cases it certainly could be.

So we have people pulling rams with limited knowledge on how to place it. People clicking on ram as it's moving to a keep because they want to be The Man. Many of these are new and/ or inexperienced players

Then there are the obvious, and I mean blatantly obvious, trolls who are trying to disrupt things. Are they evil xrealmers who should be flogged publicly or just "children" being idiots and thinking it's cute to disrupt everyones game play?

As was stated they will need screenshots/ video to look into it and verify if it's malicious or not. We had one the other day that was obviously someone being a jerk that was following the ram and being disruptive over a long period of time. WB leaders need to watch for this and boot these players as well as make everyone aware of who the player is so they can not be healed or rezzed.

I've seen this on both sides so it's a problem everyone should be concerned about without rushing for pitchforks the second someone does something out if ignorance instead of malice.

Sofong

Post#14 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:44 am

how do u know they r the same person?

blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#15 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:33 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:21 pm Screenshots of the incident. you can reach out to a gm they WILL ask for proof of the event.
No, GMs will deny the ticket. Been there, done that.

It was some weeks ago in Eataine, some dude spawned the ram at the most inopportune time and ran away with it to hide it from the rest of the players. Cost us the map in the end. The guy even quipped "what you gonna do, report me?" (or something to that effect) in chat, so I did. Nothing happened except the usual "nothing wrong with this" mail.

So I was under the impression this is a legit tactic.

Vayra

Post#16 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:38 pm

courtsdad1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 am
EsthelielSunfury wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:13 am Mate there was a guy on CW a few days ago just spawning the ram alone and sending it to Destro WBs straight away, he did it three times in a row. Gotta appreciate the commitment.

You most certainly can't say that but it's not surprising.

Clicking on the ram was an occasional issue before the influx of new players so now with more it happens more often.

With so many new players wanting to spawn a ram the second one is available yet having no idea what they are doing or how to place it.

People, old and new players, in a hurry to jump on be the ram when it's finally placed ( but not properly) but not watching chat ( an epidemic in the game now) causes big issues. With the on it you can't move it. I'm not saying it's malicious but in some cases it certainly could be.

So we have people pulling rams with limited knowledge on how to place it. People clicking on ram as it's moving to a keep because they want to be The Man. Many of these are new and/ or inexperienced players

Then there are the obvious, and I mean blatantly obvious, trolls who are trying to disrupt things. Are they evil xrealmers who should be flogged publicly or just "children" being idiots and thinking it's cute to disrupt everyones game play?

As was stated they will need screenshots/ video to look into it and verify if it's malicious or not. We had one the other day that was obviously someone being a jerk that was following the ram and being disruptive over a long period of time. WB leaders need to watch for this and boot these players as well as make everyone aware of who the player is so they can not be healed or rezzed.

I've seen this on both sides so it's a problem everyone should be concerned about without rushing for pitchforks the second someone does something out if ignorance instead of malice.

Yeah,there's a lot of clueless players out there at the moment.

Might be worth considering returning to the live version where you have destructible placement locations for the ram at the door.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:16 pm

blondgelockt wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:33 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:21 pm Screenshots of the incident. you can reach out to a gm they WILL ask for proof of the event.
No, GMs will deny the ticket. Been there, done that.

It was some weeks ago in Eataine, some dude spawned the ram at the most inopportune time and ran away with it to hide it from the rest of the players. Cost us the map in the end. The guy even quipped "what you gonna do, report me?" (or something to that effect) in chat, so I did. Nothing happened except the usual "nothing wrong with this" mail.

So I was under the impression this is a legit tactic.
When reporting items in-game, we need evidence. If you simply include text, then a GM needs to investigate and for situations like that it's probably far too late to do so. It's not acceptable to run rams off the map, and there's no viable tactic involved to steal a ram and screw over your own realm. Why you would consider this a legit tactic is more a reflection on your own behavior rather than any failing in a GM to take action.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

kayin

Post#18 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:41 pm

Just on Saturday i gave someone a 3day ban for doing this cause someone sent me a screenshot in discord then i went out and caught the player in the act. We will punish if we catch this.

Ads
warlover

Post#19 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:48 pm

All i know is i was taking a ram last week to a siege and another player kept clicking on it taking it from me and heading in the opposite direction of the keep, not a noob accident at all he did it over and over to stop me from getting ram to keep!

kayin

Post#20 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Screenshot and report right away