Recent Topics

Ads

Can we talk about the current RvR situation?

Let's talk about... everything else
Specialpatrol

Can we talk about the current RvR situation?

Post#1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:53 am

It seems to me that generally (i.e. not all the time, but most of the time), EU players are stuck pushing the lower zones and mid-to-end zones, while NA reaps the fruits with forts and cities - when most EU players are sleeping.

This seems to be due to population numbers - where the huge number of players online during EU-primetime often leads to laggy stalemates in one or two end-zones, that only resolves as people start keeling over in sleep and the population diminishes.

One simple solution could be to add more population control - as in level requirements for entering the different RvR zones and instances. One such suggestion could be the following brackets:

Tier 1: Ranks 1-15

Tier 2-3: Ranks 16-39

Tier 4: Ranks 32-40

Forts & Cities: 40/40+

This would of course require a slight redesign of the current campaign, so that tier 4 zones are open simultaneously with the lower tiers and that lower RvR zones remained open during City fights.

Would something like that float, and what are your own thoughts on the current situation?
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Ads
nuadarstark

Re: Can we talk about the current RvR situation?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:12 am

Honestly, I think there needs to be something done with the tiers just in general with the current population numbers.

Not only are the 400 vs 600 battles massive lagfests, they barely get resolved unless one side just gives up because you can't really do anything with those numbers.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

growill

Post#3 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:49 am

just bring back the old tier divisions imo

Akalukz

Post#4 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:54 am

The game is running better than ever imo, if you start breaking up the population then you will soon suffer the fate of Live. No one to fight = no one plays. One thing they could do is get rid of the steps in the tiers. Just make all zones open except the last zone before each fort. That way all T2 / T3 and the Mid T4 zone is open for a pairing, try to spread the population, maybe up the rewards for T3
-= Agony =-

Vayra

Post#5 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:04 pm

There are 2 distinct rvr populations for the game with some overlap when EU starts going to sleep and NA starts coming on. This wasn't an issue on live as there were separate EU/NA servers, here some sort of mechanic is needed so that end-game content doesn't consistently happen primarily when one population is asleep. How to achieve this short of a server split is a very difficult question to answer, though. You can't have 2 separate campaigns with forced resets between peak hours. You could speed up the path to cities so that it's possible to push a city during EU primetime without one side throwing zones, but that might lead to higher rates of gear acquisition than the devs want.

I think the best way would be something that facilitates one city push for late NA primetime (so that very few EU players are on) and one for early EU primetime (so there's few NA players on) for a goal of 2 cities a day. Or make it so that you only get 1 city per day and alternate which primetime it appears during.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

bzikun

Post#6 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:19 pm

I would add something from 15+ leveling experience. When I usually log in, T2-T3 keeps are locked and I need to go to T4 to get killed or join a scenario and get smashed. It's basically no fun. Level boosting is not helping if you are 16.

T1 is fun and T4 too when you are 40 level but what about 16-39? I played official WAR and there were 4 tiers then. T2-T3 was sometimes empty but it was better to play in small groups of people your level then constantly die on 40s.

Maybe going back to tier split would help the situation.
Gobo proud !

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#7 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:26 pm

Simple answer :
-There are usually 3 zone open at the same time.
-1 zone usually gather 90% of the population, meaning 2 others are empty.

Conclusion : I doubt 90% of this pop is 40, and evenif your proposition wouldn't change anything, except maybe having lot of player trying the level up fast to play with their lvl 40 friends asap, or taking empty keeps, or farming lowbies as 39 vs 16, no need to say that opening 6 zones in lower pop time wouldn't help those who are in the middle tier.

About levelling "issue" :
I'm actually levelling a lvl28 character (without any x2 bonus, or anything else, 28/37 in 12 hours, top geared for my level, not doing a single PvE thing). Got a little team (2-3 non 40) around me, not even a premade, and we have some fun -depending the zone i admit- in ORvR and Scs.

This game is all about not being alone.

Interesting point i was discussing last night with some team members, that many new players were complaining about our choice to gather every 16+ in the same pool.
From our actual experience it is really hard from 16 to 20, that's true. But going from 16 to 20 is a short transition. Then, it is pure fun. Choose your fights, be aware about your limits, and learn from your fails. Chase AAO as much as possible, and test, test test all possibilities your character can have.

Nekkma

Post#8 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:32 pm

I always liked the lower tiers as they provided a different experience compared to T4. When I do some T1 now I do not have any intent to level once I am out of T1. A T2 would be nice at least. Keep T3 and T4 merged as the classic rvr servers where anyway.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
zaauk

Post#9 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:26 pm Simple answer :
-There are usually 3 zone open at the same time.
-1 zone usually gather 90% of the population, meaning 2 others are empty.

Conclusion : I doubt 90% of this pop is 40, and evenif your proposition wouldn't change anything, except maybe having lot of player trying the level up fast to play with their lvl 40 friends asap, or taking empty keeps, or farming lowbies as 39 vs 16, no need to say that opening 6 zones in lower pop time wouldn't help those who are in the middle tier.

I'm actually levelling a lvl28 character. Got a little team (non 40) around me, not even a premade, and we have some fun -depending the zone i admit- in ORvR.
This game is all about not being alone.
3 Zones? Have not seen 3 zones open in days. im EU primetime player.
Usually 2 zones realm x try to lock zone x....zone y get tagget and realm y moves to defend and the ping pong started.
Sometimes even only one zone is open....

Problem starts when only 1-2 zones are open...minimum of 3 at all time would slove it. Atleast when EU prime is happening.

Have 3 zones open at all times, first side to capture forts xx times get a city?

*edit*
Dont split the population its awsome with lots of ppl.
Just a bit to many in the zones when we are at 1-2 open.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Foofmonger

Post#10 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:52 pm

This is s typical grass is always greener situation, in the past week alone I've missed at least 4-5 cities that popped during my working hours in NA, meaning they were EU cities. I've also done about 4-5 cities that are in late night NA time (so early morning EU).

This is a 100% complete non-issue and the OP is just being biased. He's not counting all the cities he's gotten or seen in EU, and just focusing on the ones he misses. It's just nonsense.