Recent Topics

Ads

lvl 40 wiping out low lvl PQ's

Let's talk about... everything else
Vizio

lvl 40 wiping out low lvl PQ's

Post#1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:17 pm

I know PQ means "Public Quest" and its open to everyone but this is getting damned frustrating. On my lvl 9 IB and working on chpt 4 PQ and a lvl 40 BW comes in and aoe's everything down and I get zero xp and zero influence on everything that I was attacking and he stays there and attacked everything I was attacking and I get zero xp/infl. So I get forced out and go to another PQ is another zone. After a few minutes an Engi shows up and does the same thing over and over. This just does not seem right. Even mobs that I had close to killed and the lvl 40 tags it and no xp/infl. And of course in chat people just lol and say its a PQ and there is nothing you can do about it. Just doesn't seem right.

Ads
sleer40k

Re: lvl 40 wiping out low lvl PQ's

Post#2 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:25 pm

yes
it's really isn't right
as bw I did just the same thing to get craft resourses

but it wasn't a problem for me, my twinks and my friends

that's how it is in the game
you will get exp and influence only from lasthits. but you can send him party proposal - most likely he will accept and you at least can get exp and drop
+ there's a bit of random in lootboxes just for these encounters

Martok

Post#3 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:27 pm

Players will often use a high level toon to go farm a Tier One PQ for the loot drops, looking for items to either salvage for mats or sell on the AH. There are a couple of PQ's in Ostland I farm myself from time to time. However if I show up at a PQ and there are low ranked players there I move on. There are plenty of places I can go while lower ranked player toons are a bit more confined.

People shouldn't be dicks about running you out of a PQ, but then some people are going to be. Sometimes it goes with the territory here. My suggestion is not to use the PQ's as a leveling option. Play SC's or get out into the RvR zones. More fun.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

anarchypark

Post#4 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:53 pm

maybe ask them to opt out.
get pq reward bags at least. if they don't do that as lvl40, probably they're ****.
you shouldn't stay near ****, you move away from it.
find safer place. other pairing's same lvl pq, or other pq for chapter influence.
but SC, orvr rewards are better.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Nidwin

Post#5 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:51 pm

You have human pile of waste, even here in RoR.

I do farm PQ's on my high level toons for many reasons but I'm always careful when others, especially low level ones, show up. I always make sure all get their contribution, I also often tank the bigger mobs, and opt out if I don't forget, or mess up, from gold bags.

I even get a thank you, for helping out finishing hard PQ's I presume, once in a while.
Go figure.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

DirkDaring

Post#6 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:30 pm

Nidwin wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:51 pm You have human pile of waste, even here in RoR.

I do farm PQ's on my high level toons for many reasons but I'm always careful when others, especially low level ones, show up. I always make sure all get their contribution, I also often tank the bigger mobs, and opt out if I don't forget, or mess up, from gold bags.

I even get a thank you, for helping out finishing hard PQ's I presume, once in a while.
Go figure.

I yup I do the same , I cant count how many random people Ive helped to finish PQ, or killed the last boss for on t 3/t4 epic quest, helped with Beastlord heroes etc. I normally see them asking in lfg chann, and if no one asnswers after a couple of can anyone help me requests i go help them.
Was the same on live and pretty much every mmo in the last 20 years .

If im at a pq and low lvls show up i opt out as i am normally doing the PQ just for the influence reward for appearance, not anything else.

if people need help with PQ , or T3/T4 epic quest 40 champ, or Beastlord, and im on just send me a /tell farming renown gets old at times, and its fun helping new lower lvl players.

Dirkdaring KOBS
Grizzlebeard IB
Drkevorkian WP
Heatmizer BW

Detangler

Post#7 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:29 pm

high level players can be a boon for you if they stay long enough to help you complete the PQ so you can get loot bags. but them stealing your mobs that you're attacking is a bannable offense. if they dont respond to your requests, report em to a mod and move to a different PQ. there's 2 other pairings to choose from with same level mobs as that one.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

boomcat
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:10 pm

is it banable ? i should have known that :P multi from Arts of War guild killed my mobs in the T2 epic questline in elf :P
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:52 pm

May not want to put names on here. better to PM a mod - name and shaming isn't allowed.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable