Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked scenario

Let's talk about... everything else
Kaelang

Re: Ranked scenario

Post#11 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:05 pm

babanovac wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:21 pm Well yesterday, after the solo ranked was replace with Maw of Madness, it popped several times for me.

I don't know if this means that the queue was actually broken or people just queued because it was new.

Also it's bugged as hell. Out of about 8 pops, i only managed to play it once. The other times either the game crashed or the scenario was restarted several times.
Have you reported any of this on the Bugtracker?

If there isn't a balanced 6v6 for both sides, the queue is meant to restart. But it shouldn't be crashing.
Last edited by Kaelang on Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#12 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:12 pm

babanovac wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:21 pm Well yesterday, after the solo ranked was replace with Maw of Madness, it popped several times for me.

I don't know if this means that the queue was actually broken or people just queued because it was new.

Also it's bugged as hell. Out of about 8 pops, i only managed to play it once. The other times either the game crashed or the scenario was restarted several times.
If 6 don't pop on both sides, it will continue to restart until there are 6 on each side.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#13 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:21 pm

babanovac wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:06 am
RuffRyder wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:58 am It's not a team decision that it's not actively used, ppl just don't queue for it due to missing group comp and proper matchmaking, City release and missing rewards.

I liked to play solo ranked a lot, and there should be gear coming in the (near? far?) future, but for now you will mostly need to group and go 6v6.

Just check the .ranked chat output, usually there's like 4 dps and 1 heal or tank queued, not even on both realms, no wonder they don't pop.
Oh wow, thanks for the hint. I didn't know about this command.

This is pretty sad. I'm guessing this would need some kind of rewards to encourage people to queue.
https://imgur.com/a/jJkQFWH
More competitive gameplay isnt enough reward??

toffikx

Post#14 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:35 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:21 pm
RuffRyder wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:58 am It's not a team decision that it's not actively used, ppl just don't queue for it due to missing group comp and proper matchmaking, City release and missing rewards.

I liked to play solo ranked a lot, and there should be gear coming in the (near? far?) future, but for now you will mostly need to group and go 6v6.

Just check the .ranked chat output, usually there's like 4 dps and 1 heal or tank queued, not even on both realms, no wonder they don't pop.

This is pretty sad. I'm guessing this would need some kind of rewards to encourage people to queue.
No? Not enough people will bother, that is the case now. You think people would be doing forts, cities or PvE if there weren’t any rewards?

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Spoiler:
toffikx wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:35 pm

No? Not enough people will bother, that is the case now. You think people would be doing forts, cities or PvE if there weren’t any rewards?
People who do forts/city/pve are not claiming for more competitive gameplay, they are looking for gear progression, so they play the content for the rewards.

The ranked SCs was implemented because some community was looking for more competitive gameplay....now nobody play this SC´s and claim for better rewards => clearly nobody was looking for competitive gameplay from the begining, you only want an easier/faster way to farm your gear...

The path for gear progression is in the game, play the content to get your gear.
The path for competitive gameplay is in the game, just play the content.
Last edited by emiliorv on Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaelang

Post#16 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Competitive play should be there for the bragging rights imo.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

toffikx

Post#17 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:17 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:54 pm
Spoiler:

People who do forts/city/pve are not claiming for more competitive gameplay, they are looking for gear progression, so they play the content for the rewards.

The ranked SCs was implemented because some community was looking for more competitive gameplay....now nobody play this SC´s and claim for better rewards => clearly nobody was looking for competitive gameplay from the begining, you only want an easier/faster way to farm your gear...

The path for gear progression is in the game, play the content to get your gear.
How is it an easier/faster way to farm your gear? It’s one of the few modes in this game that requires you to atleast use some small brain capacity and not the usual ”2-button-zerg-smash”. If you want your free sovereign for ”waking up and doing the morning toilet-routine” then that’s fine for me, i couldn’t care less. The point of having rewards (stat items or cosmetics) is to INCENTIVIZE people to play the mode, and have better and faster quques that way. You sound like a dude that’s just bad at the game, and want others fun spoiled cuz you are feeling inferior.

Elemint

Post#18 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:21 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:54 pm People who do forts/city/pve are not claiming for more competitive gameplay, they are looking for gear progression, so they play the content for the rewards.

I'm still looking for that competitive gameplay tho, if it was 12 of me in every ranked solo, i would spend 80% of the time playing it. The point of MMR is to match you with opposition/group of similar skill, there is absolutely no competition if one group gets a person that accidentally got in and has positively no clue at what's happening. I'm neither looking for faster or easier gear, i would like to have gear from the content i actually enjoy playing, is that really such a horrible thing? If you ask me it could be the biggest grind yet and i wouldn't mind, since i would be doing it anyway, and i think Secrets' proposed 5 matches a week is way too low (except for the per week part, it should be a number of games per season).

Ads
babanovac

Post#19 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:30 pm

For me it is. But it seems it's not enough for enough people to get the scenario to pop :)

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#20 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:47 pm

Spoiler:
toffikx wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:17 pm
emiliorv wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:54 pm
Spoiler:

How is it an easier/faster way to farm your gear? It’s one of the few modes in this game that requires you to atleast use some small brain capacity and not the usual ”2-button-zerg-smash”. If you want your free sovereign for ”waking up and doing the morning toilet-routine” then that’s fine for me, i couldn’t care less. The point of having rewards (stat items or cosmetics) is to INCENTIVIZE people to play the mode, and have better and faster quques that way. You sound like a dude that’s just bad at the game, and want others fun spoiled cuz you are feeling inferior.
if people really want competitive gameplay will queue the ranked sc´s for the challenge to face another skilled players...this is not happening so that means that YOU REALLY DONT WANT COMPETITIVE GAMEPLAY. This is a fact, as you can see NOBODY WANT TO PLAY THE COMPETITIVE SC´S. Its not hard to understand (maybe put more effort to grow your intellectual aptitudes instead your game skills).

the 4 elitist of the server whined for months to get his ranked SCs, finally devs wasted their time/effort to give you your f´ing SCs...and now nobody want "the challenge"...and start to whine again...always behind the mask of "the competitive gameplay"...when thats false.
toffikx wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:17 pm You sound like a dude that’s just bad at the game, and want others fun spoiled cuz you are feeling inferior.
Regarding this comment, this is the most elitist/childish **** that i have read in ages. How is supossed that an adult can feel inferior for play a game worse than others?? what it really seems is that you feel superior to play better than others...maybe that is the underlying problem behind the "competitive community".