Recent Topics

Ads

What are the best/meta classes for pvp?

Let's talk about... everything else
sighy

Re: What are the best/meta classes for pvp?

Post#21 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:55 am

R3xz wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:53 am
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:27 am
SaintRon wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:21 am Just because you chose the "DPS" spec doesn't actually mean you aren't supposed to be healing. It's just the method of healing that changes and that you do a little more damage.
WP/DoK dps specs are considered a DPS not Healers in ranked SC for a reason.
And to be specific, DPS DoK (dual wield)'s healing output to team mates is super low, aside from selfheal from Rend Soul.

The dps healing spec is with the shield, but I duno how effective it is compare to chalice builds.
Sacrifice is clunky as hell and takes a lot more work to actually pull off anything near Dark Rites.

Ads
Kataari

Post#22 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:58 am

sighy wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:55 am

And to be specific, DPS DoK (dual wield)'s healing output to team mates is super low, aside from selfheal from Rend Soul.

The dps healing spec is with the shield, but I duno how effective it is compare to chalice builds.
Sacrifice is clunky as hell and takes a lot more work to actually pull off anything near Dark Rites.

Its not meant to be equal to a pure healer but i the right situation it can throw out some big numbers AND more importantly aid the group in winning. Also its fun as hell.

sighy

Post#23 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:30 am

Kataari wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:58 am
sighy wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:55 am

Its not meant to be equal to a pure healer but i the right situation it can throw out some big numbers AND more importantly aid the group in winning. Also its fun as hell.
As you said it depends on the situation, in smallscale It can work pretty well, but in wb+ scale you're usually better off going dps or heal, if you ahve the gear to pull it off.

Szeff

Post#24 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:24 pm

SaintRon wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:48 pm

Does rend soul have kind of tactic that boosts self healing or something? Because rend soul can heal others too.
No it does not, however it is on a cooldown and 99% of the team it has to be used on yourself because salty tanks won't guard you and salty team-mates won't support you. A GOOD "dps healer" will use their hybrid utility to help an ally when they are not surrounded by salty toxic team mates who force them to look out for only themselves.

Regardless of your perception, a DPS spec "healer" is actually a DPS because they automatically have 40% reduced healing output baseline and the dmg lifetap heals are MAJORLY nerfed from when they were designed and not viable unless you build for that spec specifically.

Also, if you bother to read patch notes the devs said directly that DPS specced and geared "healers" are counted as DPS classes for the purpose of matchmaking. You are NOT "down healer slots" any more than someone playing a Choppa/Slayer/Sorc/BW makes you "down a healer slot".

If you want to argue that the "hybrid" dps classes are not as effective at their role as a "pure" DPS would be (and by doing so ignore completely any utility), then argue that point. The second you bring the "but they need to heal!" argument into it you are already displaying ignorance and a willful refusal to understand class mechanics and the game in whole.

SaintRon

Post#25 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:51 pm

Szeff wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:24 pm
SaintRon wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:48 pm

Does rend soul have kind of tactic that boosts self healing or something? Because rend soul can heal others too.
No it does not, however it is on a cooldown and 99% of the team it has to be used on yourself because salty tanks won't guard you and salty team-mates won't support you. A GOOD "dps healer" will use their hybrid utility to help an ally when they are not surrounded by salty toxic team mates who force them to look out for only themselves.

Regardless of your perception, a DPS spec "healer" is actually a DPS because they automatically have 40% reduced healing output baseline and the dmg lifetap heals are MAJORLY nerfed from when they were designed and not viable unless you build for that spec specifically.

Also, if you bother to read patch notes the devs said directly that DPS specced and geared "healers" are counted as DPS classes for the purpose of matchmaking. You are NOT "down healer slots" any more than someone playing a Choppa/Slayer/Sorc/BW makes you "down a healer slot".

If you want to argue that the "hybrid" dps classes are not as effective at their role as a "pure" DPS would be (and by doing so ignore completely any utility), then argue that point. The second you bring the "but they need to heal!" argument into it you are already displaying ignorance and a willful refusal to understand class mechanics and the game in whole.

Way too much assuming here, brother.

Conta

Post#26 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:47 pm

I would go for slayer and white lion on order and marauder/choppa on destro.

Foltestik

Post#27 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:11 pm

Conta wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:47 pm I would go for slayer and white lion on order and marauder/choppa on destro.
only one year later :D