Recent Topics

Ads

Explain Imbalance

Let's talk about... everything else
admanb

Re: Explain Imbalance

Post#21 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:06 pm

In T2 yesterday I think I won at least 80% of 20+ scenarios as Order, and most of them weren't even fair. Streaks happen.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#22 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:15 pm

I do a lot of SC play and have now played a lot on both sides after rring from my 40WE. Will say, as a solo player, it is about 50/50

Example, I played about 15 yesterday only losing 3ish. Those losses were, mostly, to a premade in dragon bane. after the 3re loss I black listed DB and won the rest of the night, all solo.

The day before, I lost 7 in a row and decided it was time to do some oRvR with my guildies, again solo SC Qing.

Without a premade, you need good players and to be a bit more strategic. one of my games yesterday we had a lvl16 wp healer. Not crap talking him, but he couldn't do much healing being solo and not having access to aoe heals, skills, etc when the enemy had 4 (of their 12 players). We won by 100 by back capping and focusing the healers down.

Tl;dr if you want a really good win%, on destro or order, get a premade with people in up to date SC/pve gear, tali'd up, and comms and u could easily go undefeated in a day or at least 90% w/l.

kmark101

Post#23 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:57 pm

In my experience, mid tier SCs are won by the team that has more gear slotted with talis for better bolster. Sadly Order seems to have the disadvantage here as players are generally more casual and don't know how bolster works and how important it is to use talis in gear: when I check our groups, its usually like half of the people have empty tali slots on all gear.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Telen
Suspended

Post#24 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:20 pm

Melee trains are just miles better than ranged in this game. Des have more of them. Thats it really. Even what were ranged classes had to be made into melee classes to make them viable.

admanb

Post#25 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:20 pm Melee trains are just miles better than ranged in this game. Des have more of them. Thats it really. Even what were ranged classes had to be made into melee classes to make them viable.
Except on some maps, like Ekrund, where a good mix can dominate a melee train.

growill

Post#26 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:15 pm

Despite what people say I had the feeling that your level/RR/gear makes a big impact in scs. People say that bolster fixes everyhing up.
I swear on low level it was a nightmare. Once I got at lvl 35+ with the last pre-40 gear I could carry everything alone/duo.
I'm not kidding I probably had 90% win rate as WL from level 37 to 40.

I think that overall it's pretty random. It depends on how good your teammates are and who gets premades. Obvious tips are always the same: try not to die, if you find youself dying too often you're doing something wrong and gifting point to the enemy. If anything stay back and go for objective.
Stay on top of the available gear.
Premade if you can
If you think pre-40 is bad just wait till you jump in t4 scs in mercenary gear

Thamor

Post#27 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:29 pm

For all of you solo players, I can only say you picked the wrong game. You can play solo in this game and it's ok. But this game was always made to be more balanced when you run full 6 man parties, 2/2/2 is almost always most viable. Another great difference maker is just pure experience of the game as many in this server played in live and we stick with the game even back then, so there is a huge skill difference between players and that difference is a lot of time shown in pug sc's.
Rare Units
Errandyl - SM
Kirali - WH
Kiralir - BW
Kiralia - WP
Fallen Legion
Kiraliel - WE
Thamor - Dok
Tham - Bo
Kiralie - Sorc

Sulorie

Post#28 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:16 pm

growill wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:15 pm Despite what people say I had the feeling that your level/RR/gear makes a big impact in scs. People say that bolster fixes everyhing up.
I swear on low level it was a nightmare. Once I got at lvl 35+ with the last pre-40 gear I could carry everything alone/duo.
I'm not kidding I probably had 90% win rate as WL from level 37 to 40.
Carrying sc on healer since lvl 16 and on dd shortly after 20. The rank hardly matters. When you are lower, the more you need a group to cover your weaknesses.
Dying is no option.

Ads