Recent Topics

Ads

Explain Imbalance

Let's talk about... everything else
joeshmoe75

Explain Imbalance

Post#1 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:23 am

Can somebody explain the imbalance to me for pre-40 SC's. I played the game at live, but that doesnt mean I know anything and frankly I barely remember this game at all. As Order I'm lucky to win 1 in 4 SC's at best. So I watched the comps as to whos playing what.. and it doesnt seem that out of place, more healers/tanks for Destro, but usually a marginal difference. As you see in WoW/DAoC etc. more noobs do tend to go to the 'generic good guy side' so maybe theres a slight skill gap. For those differences a 2:1 ratio is more understandable though. So my only guess is its class imbalance, but I dont know the game well enough. So I'm wondering if thats the case or is it something else? Right now its completely boring to just lose every match and it makes me not want to play the game at all. Even in premades its still a joke.. my current streak is 2-18.. Yesterday it was 4-23. So whats the real issue for Order?

Ads
admanb

Re: Explain Imbalance

Post#2 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:38 am

I go on streaks of wins and streaks of losses. I'd say I'm close to 50-50 on Order, throughout all tiers.

Wam

Post#3 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:59 am

joeshmoe75 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:23 am Can somebody explain the imbalance to me for pre-40 SC's. I played the game at live, but that doesnt mean I know anything and frankly I barely remember this game at all. As Order I'm lucky to win 1 in 4 SC's at best. So I watched the comps as to whos playing what.. and it doesnt seem that out of place, more healers/tanks for Destro, but usually a marginal difference. As you see in WoW/DAoC etc. more noobs do tend to go to the 'generic good guy side' so maybe theres a slight skill gap. For those differences a 2:1 ratio is more understandable though. So my only guess is its class imbalance, but I dont know the game well enough. So I'm wondering if thats the case or is it something else? Right now its completely boring to just lose every match and it makes me not want to play the game at all. Even in premades its still a joke.. my current streak is 2-18.. Yesterday it was 4-23. So whats the real issue for Order?
Destro more melee heavy realm

Order more RDPS heavy realm

SC's favour Melee ... don't get me wrong order have their fair share of good melee players but they usually in high end premades already... and in pugs with no guard or pocket healers order MDPS gets largely wasted and countered...

instead you probably find alot of unguarded RDPS like sw/engi/bw who will run away on slightest pressure... maybe you had dps healers too which again will try kite and generally play solo game over team game (not all but a majority) have solo mindset over objective

both sides have inexperienced / bad players (i.e they dont know their role and do the basics like guard or heal out of party and probably dont realise there is addon's and change keybinds/ui to make life alot easier) you could of just found yourself in a bad rotation it happens to both realms...

Orders traditional problem lack of good tanks and healers and too much RDPS

Destro traditional problem too much MDPS and not enough good healers... plenty of tanks (the issue will be the level of the tank and guard swapping and doing dirty tank work playing the objectives etc)

a few good healers, a couple solid tanks, allows decent dps to shine and probably lead to your downfall and coming up against similar people again and again... and your side gets demotivated maybe salty/toxic less teamplay start blame one another if it goes bad if you get a certain type of people in sc who think more negativity is going to make situation better for a demoralized side.

Pug is pure RNG its what you accept joining up, sometimes in your favour, sometimes not... you usually only remember when its not in your favour because it stand out like sore thumb... try /5 lfg to find a premade and put a group together so you are 2/2/2 atleast going into a sc... make or join a guild of similar mindset / playtime and playstyle...

I play both sides and can happen bothways mate the grass isn't always greener.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

jtj5002

Post#4 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:29 am

Destro chat : Destro side sucks we win 10% of SC
Order chat : Order side sucks we win 10% of SC

Reality : Pugs and solo que players sucks and win 10% of SC no matter which side they are on.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

admanb

Post#5 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:30 am

jtj5002 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:29 am Destro chat : Destro side sucks we win 10% of SC
Order chat : Order side sucks we win 10% of SC

Reality : Pugs and solo que players sucks and win 10% of SC no matter which side they are on.
Including if you're queuing into the .pug scenario.

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:34 am

Yesterday evening I found we could not lose and today we could not win. Pre-40 sc some times just comes down to who is queuing at that moment.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

diedrake

Post#7 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:55 am

Hey Joshmoe75,
This is Peckk, anyhoo if you were in tor anroc today, us destro were having a great day in there wins 24 loss 2 in 4ish hours. Anyhoo, all other scs destro was getting ripped apart. Whay i am getting at is it was just a bad day for you today. I have those days too. Calm down and vent to your friends.

What others have stated is very true and great advice. And another tip to anything in this game; if you are getting frustrated with the game, have it scs or rvr, log off for a bit and calm down. No need to come on here and have all this negativity. As is in the lakes this weekend order have had a field day esspecially in t3 emp.

If i faught you today there were a few scs that were close and i enjoyed those far more then the ones destro won by a landslide such as 500 destro to 30 order score wise.

Again calm down either log off or do something different in game, make freinds. It is a game only.

Best of hunting,

Peckk
Blackguard 30/38
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Draugris

Post#8 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:01 am

My experience is that on live Scenarios were fun until T4. Pre T4 there were simply not that high differences in gear and renown. In RoR the fun ends when you leave T1 as a solo player, with level 16 you are on the far end of the food chain. In T4 you stand as a fresh 40 in for example Ruin set against RR80 Players in BiS gear where you will explode when they cough at you. In my experience, there are only two things you can do about it, play the PuG Scenario, this does not change anything regarding higher geared opponents but no premades which is at least something. Or you play with friends or guild mates scenarios which helps a lot, i do almost never play scenarios solo, it´s simply too frustrating for me. Regarding the team compositions, the matchmaker prefers lower queue pop times over balanced teams, this decision was made after the community complained about too long wait times. But since there is no MMR or other rating system in place, Win or Loose will always have a factor of RNG.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#9 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:10 am

Draugris wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:01 am My experience is that on live Scenarios were fun until T4. Pre T4 there were simply not that high differences in gear and renown. In RoR the fun ends when you leave T1 as a solo player, with level 16 you are on the far end of the food chain. In T4 you stand as a fresh 40 in for example Ruin set against RR80 Players in BiS gear where you will explode when they cough at you. In my experience, there are only two things you can do about it, play the PuG Scenario, this does not change anything regarding higher geared opponents but no premades which is at least something. Or you play with friends or guild mates scenarios which helps a lot, i do almost never play scenarios solo, it´s simply too frustrating for me. Regarding the team compositions, the matchmaker prefers lower queue pop times over balanced teams, this decision was made after the community complained about too long wait times.
Given issue is really class dependant. You need to keep in mind, that being undergeared can be mitigated in many ways as scenarios usualy aren't just a deathmatch - different classes are supposed to do different things and gear doesn't affect speed of capping flags, so playing objectives is more important than kill hunting. For example, during our last guild scenario premade run, we had undergeared lowbie Knight who was focusing on relic in M. Temple while rest of us was more focused on assist training and stuff and as you may guess he did great job...

Draugris

Post#10 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:27 am

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:10 am Given issue is really class dependant. You need to keep in mind, that being undergeared can be mitigated in many ways as scenarios usualy aren't just a deathmatch - different classes are supposed to do different things and gear doesn't affect speed of capping flags, so playing objectives is more important than kill hunting. For example, during our last guild scenario premade run, we had undergeared lowbie Knight who was focusing on relic in M. Temple while rest of us was more focused on assist training and stuff and as you may guess he did great job...
Yep and that is exactly my point. In solo scenarios without any premades players more often than not go for the kill and not for the objective. I can not count the times I lost Nordenwatch because people zerged at mid while the opponents flagged Lighthouse and Barracks without any interference. And of course, Gear is a non-issue there. If you play as a group and coordinate yourself you can carry a SC of course in many ways.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)