Recent Topics

Ads

How to counter melee Squig Herder stacking in cities?

Let's talk about... everything else
Dteekay

How to counter melee Squig Herder stacking in cities?

Post#1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:49 pm

Before I get bombed with "stop whining" comments, I want to assure you this is not one. I am not here to call for nerfs or changes. I couldn't find a thread where an actual discussion about what WE can do happens so trying to make one.

What I want to discuss are some of the strategies and tricks to counter melee squig herders in City WBs. Most of my cities now have at least 3-4 mSH that fly around like meatballs. I find it very challenging to fight these WBs with mSHs so I am reaching out here for guidance. As a tank, I try to KD and/or knockback SHs flying in to try to apply CD increase on our healers. That seems to not have much of an effect as they can jump right back in. Another strat we tried is rooting the SHs to move past them into backline but they just spam bounce and we take in a top of DPS while running by.

If anyone has had success against ORGANIZED WBs (not pugs) in cities when destro stacked mSHs + choppas, please share your experiences and what you have done that worked/did not work!

PLEASE DO NOT WHINE IN THIS THREAD ABOUT OP CLASSES. No one is going to benefit from that and you just look stupid.

Ads
phononHYPE

Re: How to counter melee Squig Herder stacking in cities?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:10 am

Well, I view it like this: mSH jump to their targets and do CD increase and then aoe. They are out of range of their guard, and perhaps a healer is hot stuff and pre-hotted them. They have armor and a self-heal (channel?) to survive until the rest of the WB catches up. Vs slayer and WL that do the same thing, slayer does aoe CD increase and aoe, and WL pouncing to their desired target and wrecking them. The slayer will be in guard range and the WL has armor (and perhaps again some pre-hots).

I tried to make that as unbiased as possible. So, we can look at this as either:
1. mSH has too many options for this one type of rvr event (city) - which leads to how it does else where?
2. Order has more variety and is not tied to having just one class to get what it needs.

As there are no shortage of BWs blowing stuff up (or dps AMs), nuke that meatball. Same for any over-extending class, lots of damage but vulnerable. Additionally, slayers do great in all forms of rvr, and WL are not too shabby either I hear. Rumor has it their aoe in city is OP now too, but that is off-topic.

As a close, what about just knocking them back? AM, RP, and WP have aoe knock-backs, I 'think' SM does too but I am not sure. You see the pounce in - boot them back out. More options for you.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:30 am

phononHYPE wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:10 am As a close, what about just knocking them back? AM, RP, and WP have aoe knock-backs, I 'think' SM does too but I am not sure. You see the pounce in - boot them back out. More options for you.
The healer knock back is a minimal distance and not a preferred solution for a few reasons:
1) You hand out cc immunity to the mSH in your backline, who still has a second "pounce" coming.
2) The targetted healer is usually blindsided and knocked down anyway, so they not casting anything for ... 3 secs(?) regardless.

For the record we haven't figured it out either yet. :'( We had a long discussion last night about it though.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

cursedflesh

Post#4 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:06 am

1.) disarm him - he cant use his skill in squig form while disarmed
2.) knock him, so he cant parry
3.) kill him
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

Wiede

Post#5 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:45 am

Buff range specs -> less mSH :)

SCNR

Can't do much about it. The mSHs will bring their debuffs and damage, no matter what. The same situation as with WL.

Nuke 'em is the best solution.

cursedflesh

Post#6 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:51 am

Wiede wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:45 am Buff range specs -> less mSH :)
ranged squig is insanely strong, look at Jurki
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

wonshot

Post#7 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:46 am

Having your own healers spreading out, to minimize how effective the cooldown increase potentially become.
Having the healers slot groupclensing and then taget clense the 2nd healer in the party, not Themselves, to keep "masking debuffs" and CDI off as much as possible from your healers.

In terms of countering Them. Its All about the interrupting their channeled aoe! Either With taunts, cc, or SM aoe interrupts if they Are stacked on top of eachother. Since sh is originally a ranged archtype they dont have a snare nor rootbreaker, so these types of control stick on Meatballs. Champ channel or WL m1 roots Are exelent to contain Them. A knock down into dogpile burst can also work as the class doesnt have an aoe pboe detaunt as melee archtype does.

An other key bit of information, they Are super cooldown dependant. Having a BO or choppa in their group to feed Them waaagh or Chop faster is like 50% more efficientcy on their up time. If you can out last the duration you might find more breathing room (just dont stall Till they have 2400 m4)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Arla

Post#8 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:39 am

Squig Herder is most powerfully broken class in the game. I am waiting for a revision installing a healing line so we can just see warbands full of squigs.

Ads
kok

Post#9 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:31 am

cursedflesh wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:51 am
Wiede wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:45 am Buff range specs -> less mSH :)
ranged squig is insanely strong, look at Jurki
When even OP range SH Jurki goes melee in city , you know there is a problem.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

MoltenCoreMoshpit

Post#10 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:17 pm

Arla wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:39 am Squig Herder is most powerfully broken class in the game. I am waiting for a revision installing a healing line so we can just see warbands full of squigs.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>order poster