Recent Topics

Ads

How BW can cast two different skill at the same time?

Let's talk about... everything else
wildwindblows

How BW can cast two different skill at the same time?

Post#1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:55 pm

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to understand how bw can use Fireball barrage and Sear spells at the same time. I have never played bw before but when i check tooltip of these skills I saw that Fireball has 3 sec casting time and hits per sec over 3 sec and Sear has 1 sec casting time so it seems there is no way to hit these two skill less than 1 sec. You can see damages in the image below.
https://imgur.com/kDYQivy

Thanks.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Re: How BW can cast two different skill at the same time?

Post#2 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:17 pm

Misread original statement, my original response would be no help sorry xD

Jabba

Post#3 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:21 pm

Misread aswell, but sear having a 1 second cast time basically means that you can instantly activate another ability afterwards without the GCD getting in the way, in this case fireball barrage, the first tick of which is instant
Last edited by Jabba on Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ekundu01

Post#4 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:21 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:55 pm Hello Folks,

I'm trying to understand how bw can use Fireball barrage and Sear spells at the same time. I have never played bw before but when i check tooltip of these skills I saw that Fireball has 3 sec casting time and hits per sec over 3 sec and Sear has 1 sec casting time so it seems there is no way to hit these two skill less than 1 sec. You can see damages in the image below.

Thanks.
Fireball Barrage is a channeled ability it activates instantly and channels over 3 secs. So you can cast a spell and hit the channeled skill right after your casted spell goes off and both will hit at fairly the same time.
Trismack

dansari

Post#5 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:35 pm

The actual answer is that some abilities have a delay even after they are cast, otherwise known as a flight time. Sear, though I don't remember exactly its flight time, has roughly a half second between the finished cast and the damage application. Fireball and pyro surge also have flight times, though theirs are closer to 1s (fireball is more dependent on range). Nova and fireball barrage have no flight times. This is why you can see as many as 3-4 abilities all seemingly hitting at the same time.
<Salt Factory>

adamthelc

Post#6 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:06 pm

A Single BW hitting with multiple abilities in the same time stamp is not a problem and should be expected.

If anything is a problem its multiple BWs hitting with the same ability, Rain of Fire, in the same time stamp

Thamor

Post#7 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:38 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:55 pm Hello Folks,

Thanks.
Sear 1s cast then fireball barrage = both abilities hitting same time.

I think you never met instant cast fireballs from old game :)
Rare Units
Errandyl - SM
Kirali - WH
Kiralir - BW
Kiralia - WP
Fallen Legion
Kiraliel - WE
Thamor - Dok
Tham - Bo
Kiralie - Sorc

wonshot

Post#8 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:16 am

As others have said, there are different abilities on casters

Directdamage, Traveltime projectiles, channels where first tick is instant.
And this is what you have been hit by. Fireball is a longcast time with traveltime so while the projectile is in the air traveling from the caster to the target, he can do a 1sec Sear cast that will connect instantly, and while those two are now connecting withthe same secound the Channeled Fireball Barrage will apply the first tick, all combined into a burst timestamp.

Hope this helps.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads