Recent Topics

Ads

State of the Realm game ruining addon

Let's talk about... everything else
Wiede

Re: State of the Realm game ruining addon

Post#21 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:00 pm

Or you just could not use it and make your own SoR free WB?

Ads
dwyur

Post#22 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:20 pm

Maybe a 10 minute delay/cooldown to it refreshing for everyone at same time, so that there can be some sort of strategy involved with zones or quick movement to a zone. I do agree the instant zergness of it is too much.

Destro & Order have cellphones these days I guess though.

edit; keep the ability to fly into a zone and get the population count, but having SoR instant update numbers does eliminate some additional strategic possibilities.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

boomcat
Suspended

Post#23 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:40 pm

we just need to split tiers again.. Even T2 is a crappy stalemate now.. serious its getting pretty boring that only way u can flip zones is by 5 star them.. SoR do show where all are going wich keep is undersige and lord.. so all migrate to that place every time to get some contri. both sides.. and we have stalemate every single time en each zone. and you cant talk tactics to the realm. they go where they think they can get loot.. simple..
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Drewsephy

Post#24 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:44 pm

If they disabled the ability to respawn at Keep in PvP areas then SoR wouldn't be so bad. As it stands now, when numbers increase in a zone sharply and/or when SoR shows a keep door being attacked.... players on both factions ZERG to the zone, run straight to the keep and die getting there so that they can respawn inside the keep and turtle. On many of these keeps, once there is a certain threshold of turtle defenders inside (2-300ish it seems), it becomes practically impossible to further take the objective.

Eliminating the ability to respawn at the keep would force WB's to organize to take back the enemy battle terrain. But, as it stands now, thanks to SoR there seems to ALWAYS be a large horde of Keep turtlers any time a faction pushes the objective and stalemates dominate

Arcrival

Post#25 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:32 pm

I like SoR its neat. However, I see the point from a strategy standpoint but the map lets you know if there is fighting in an area. Showing the BO turning is fine too. So keep the functionality of counting the Ques for city and turn off the pop counter for the Orvr.
Didn't live have a /who or /pop command you could run if you were in a particular zone and it gave you numbers for that specific zone?
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen:

warlover

Post#26 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:13 pm

Drewsephy wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:05 pm I'm sure this has been debated before, but I'm going to bring it up again with the influx of new players (myself included). End game T4 RVR all everyone does is stare at State of the Realm and zerg to where the numbers are indicating a push by one faction or the other. How is there WAR with no element of surprise? This makes it, at times, practically impossible to push objectives with the current large server population.

I think this game would be MUCH more fun if this addon didn't exist and coordinated factions could better utilize the element of surprise
100% Agree

Drys

Post#27 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:00 am

The other thing to consider is that this is a pvp game and the devs encourage that. I'm fact, if you take a keep with 300 vs 25 defenders, sure it's pvdoor easy, but you get less a lot less xp/rr so you want defenders.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Draugris

Post#28 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:56 am

Nekkma wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:15 am
Draugris wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:20 am I also don´t see a problem in giving out that information, with more communication between players / wb leaders the outcome, would be the same.
This is a poor argument as it would undoubtedly be more difficult, which means that most players wont bother, which means that the outcome would not be the same.

I don't use it and the game is perfectly playable without it. Something I have noted is that people just don't bother attacking in a zone when the zonepop according to the addon is a certain way. Personally, I can only see downsides with the addon but as I do not really care for the campaign I'm not really bothered about it.
Well if you are that kind of purist, Bufftrackers should also not be allowed, or add-ons that allow you to see if your are in guard range or not, or the add-on that shall not be named here... *cough*nerfed buttons*cough*
So there can be basically no "good arguments" in your opinion. Add-On´s make the game easier, this has always been that way. I can understand if you do not like that but then play something else, check out FF14 may be, they do not have add-ons.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
anarchypark

Post#29 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:59 am

unless 'who' commend disabled totally for everyone, it's better that pop info shared for everyone.
transparency.
cuz that kind of intel is strength in war.
why limit it to few ppl ( even though it requires some effort to gather 'who' info )

before SoR, aao was measure to compare realm strength.
you see aao on enemy, go attack.
some wb leaders used this to trick enemy, hide in PvE, fooling enemy to attack keep then easy farm at funnel defence.
but that's worst case.

best case is atmosphere.
if you battle hard you could take keep with 20~40 aao.
player morales take real effect.
1 intense battle, who emerged winner would push harder, losers retreat.
regardless of zone pop. it was possible to turn tide by divide and conquer.
now it's more hard cuz too many QQ about numbers.

it has pros and cons. but personally i prefer pop numbers are not accessible to nobody but devs.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)