Recent Topics

Ads

Time to revise the oil system?

Let's talk about... everything else
engharat

Time to revise the oil system?

Post#1 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi all,
Since the new big numbers of our server I have seen a solid pattern for al most all the keeps sieges.
Everyone knows that when you reach a certain point of defending players, keeps become almost impossible to conquer.
Chokepoints are easily defendable by sorc/bw aoe spells, physical blockage, and so on.
Some discussions on a limit to the aoe dmg should be started again, but I would like to focus an another thing:
The oil 100% kill system is too much clunky for the attackers. Instead of being a system that only helps the defenders, it creates a minutes of "no play" (besides engi and magus focusing on oil) n which the attackers go afk, and when they don't go afk, they totally lose concentration.
I imagine the criticism:learn to stay focused, learn to play, blablabla.
But the fact is that an oil system which would kill dps/healers but only remove 50% life of a tank would make the siege more consistent, with people not stopping playing and instead focusing on keeping tanks alive and pushing the ram even with oil on.
This simple change, oil dmg based on Armour values, will remove one silly reason to siege fail. People still need to focus on breaking defenses and pushing through the enemy fire, but at least it would be a more fair fight (defenders already have a lot of bonuses, choke points, spawning in the keep, blabla).
This will also remove the extreme clunkiness of moving the ram in and out the keep door.

For anyone against this change, I would remmmeber you one big truth: in those days, in the active hours, the keeps are taken only if the defenders want you to take them.

Ads