Population Balance

Let's talk about... everything else
Aetas

Population Balance

Post#1 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:58 am

Is there any sort here? Why would anyone play no a lower population side when its almost constant steamrolls? This is an honest question, I'm looking for an answer. Or should I just join the zerg of whichever highest population side is going on at the time?

Thanks

Appreciate those that responded, I got the info I was looking for. :)
Last edited by Aetas on Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Ruscour

Re: Population Balance

Post#2 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:02 am

There's pros and cons to being on both sides.

If you're on the lower pop side, you have instant queues, and in open RvR the underpopulated side gets a renown boost so if you pick your fights you can get a lot of reward.

Destro has had the population advantage recently and a lot of players are missing out on forts and city because there aren't enough order, and that's a really sucky experience.

Everyone benefits from good faction balance so I strongly recommend anyone starting out to choose the side that currently looks underrepresented (if you don't have a clear preference already)
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

Aetas

Post#3 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:04 am

I would rather play on just one side but it seems like just joining the winning side all the time gears you up faster since you get forts done and the lack of a player limit in fights promotes zerging and steamrolling. Does this not seem backwards? Surely the losing side should gear up faster.

Ruscour

Post#4 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:07 am

Is that actually true? If you're defending a keep on the underpopulated side, you have extended runs of hundreds of people dying in a choke while you have the AAO renown boost. Forts and City might happen on your side of the map, but you can still win them and get the rewards.
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

M0rw47h

Post#5 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:14 am

Aetas wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:58 am Is there any sort here? Why would anyone play no a lower population side when its almost constant steamrolls? This is an honest question, I'm looking for an answer. Or should I just join the zerg of whichever highest population side is going on at the time?

Thanks
- Order biased snow.
- Defending is easier.
- You can pick your fights, because enemies are everywhere and they not always are blobing.
- You get huge boost to renown with AAO, so doing few kills in small group is more rewarding than locking zone.

Aetas

Post#6 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:17 am

Ruscour wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:07 am Is that actually true? If you're defending a keep on the underpopulated side, you have extended runs of hundreds of people dying in a choke while you have the AAO renown boost. Forts and City might happen on your side of the map, but you can still win them and get the rewards.
That's why I'm asking. I've only been here a couple weeks.

Spyked1106

Post#7 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:43 am

Aetas wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:58 am Is there any sort here? Why would anyone play no a lower population side when its almost constant steamrolls? This is an honest question, I'm looking for an answer. Or should I just join the zerg of whichever highest population side is going on at the time?

Thanks
Because dominant faction want to do capital city....
It's a fact for gear and stuff, then it's a vicious circle you can't stop the machina until some guilds decide to switch the faction

It always like that

carthagerising

Post#8 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:55 am

this game rewards winners and losers, to the point where it actually almost doesnt matter as long as you win the crucial fights. which at this point are in city and even there losers get rewards and bag rolls.

no one remembers who won what zone after the city resets everything and its often a good idea to remember it when out numbered.

Each faction has there time periods of dominance and sure getting zerged isnt particularly fun, but it does mean you get a series of epic defences during the day that can be highly rewarding renown wise and also means you can get to forts and city reliably. try not to over focus on who wins what outside of city, more what you can do to increase your chances of winning rewards, thats what really matters.

Ads
Naelar

Post#9 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:07 am

Something else to keep in mind is that population can swing from one side to the other depending on the time of day.

Aetas

Post#10 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:26 am

carthagerising wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:55 am this game rewards winners and losers, to the point where it actually almost doesnt matter as long as you win the crucial fights. which at this point are in city and even there losers get rewards and bag rolls.

no one remembers who won what zone after the city resets everything and its often a good idea to remember it when out numbered.

Each faction has there time periods of dominance and sure getting zerged isnt particularly fun, but it does mean you get a series of epic defences during the day that can be highly rewarding renown wise and also means you can get to forts and city reliably. try not to over focus on who wins what outside of city, more what you can do to increase your chances of winning rewards, thats what really matters.
What increases the chances of more rewards is joining the winning side :p