Recent Topics

Ads

Population Balance

Let's talk about... everything else
Toshutkidup

Re: Population Balance

Post#11 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:39 am

I play for pride and just do what I feel is best of my abilities. I hate losing zones and I never am the guy that just gives up zones. But in the end depending on when you play or time of the year Order will just be a steamrolled side and you either accept it and keep playing, getting better and accept that your going to lose 7/10 times. I just keep playing, keep going , doing it for 4 years now and if dying or losing is something that people cant handle or accept, maybe just maybe a pvp game isnt the right game for that person.

Now regarding AAO, yes its a great benefit IF your getting kills. Now for me, as I solo 95% of my time, if I'm in a zone 400% AAO.. my chances of finding anyone solo or getting kills is rare. But that being said, I choose to stay in that zone, keep trying because I know they are not really getting anything for killing me and dying in this game really has no negative consequences.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
miregal1

Post#12 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:43 am

Im a new player and yes, its realy hard sometimes to play against the blob. SC's with 6 players vs 10, rvr against double the numbers ... But it seems that the underdogs just adapt and play more in organised groups.
I started on Destro side just because we played the bad guys in UO (cheers to my old Siege Perilous friends and "Foes"!), so we played the bad guys in Wow, later WAR (yes, EVE to) and now RoR. Roleplaying is just easier....

just my 2 cents

Cheers
--
"We were Pk'ing in Pong!"

Likeaboss

Post#13 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:51 am

Population can swing from Order to Destro locking zones here and there, depends on Playtime, late Night in EU, the NA prime starts,
Mostly there happen another switch.

I Play Order and Destro... But i don't switch on a daily base... Mostly i play Order, then i switch destro for some weeks with a goal of a new gear set or new Renownrank or something. Playing both sides is OK, switch realms to steamroll the underpop's is just a bad habbit.

If you cant choose your realm i can maybe tell you from my experience...
Early state of this Server, when only T1 & T2 were open, and the first 5piece Set released (Devestator),
People logged on their Main chars for that gear. Order had 400% AAO in all zones for weeks...
Was an 88% to 12% Population. Some Destro had full Set in 1 Night. That took Order several weeks. :P

Could've held it short, Population Balance stand and falls with Player behaviour :)
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Duukar

Post#14 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:35 am

Aetas wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:04 am I would rather play on just one side but it seems like just joining the winning side all the time gears you up faster since you get forts done and the lack of a player limit in fights promotes zerging and steamrolling. Does this not seem backwards? Surely the losing side should gear up faster.
This this and this!! Well said sir.. Instead we get buried by TERRIBLE loss rewards in SC and in the lake.. It's totally ass backwards and is leading to massive snowballing on the Destro side.

TreefAM

Post#15 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:39 am

Just beg TuP to stay on order and everything should be fine, none of you complained during the time when Lazypeons video happened and order was zerging the zones like no tomorrow.

Drys

Post#16 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:15 am

Aetas wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:58 am Is there any sort here? Why would anyone play no a lower population side when its almost constant steamrolls? This is an honest question, I'm looking for an answer. Or should I just join the zerg of whichever highest population side is going on at the time?

Thanks
The population for each faction changes during the day. Typically (as I remember it), Order has the numbers advantage during EU Prime and Destro has the numbers advantage during NA Prime.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Glorian

Post#17 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:23 am

Aetas wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:26 am
carthagerising wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:55 am this game rewards winners and losers, to the point where it actually almost doesnt matter as long as you win the crucial fights. which at this point are in city and even there losers get rewards and bag rolls.

no one remembers who won what zone after the city resets everything and its often a good idea to remember it when out numbered.

Each faction has there time periods of dominance and sure getting zerged isnt particularly fun, but it does mean you get a series of epic defences during the day that can be highly rewarding renown wise and also means you can get to forts and city reliably. try not to over focus on who wins what outside of city, more what you can do to increase your chances of winning rewards, thats what really matters.
What increases the chances of more rewards is joining the winning side :p
Shot a RR80 WE once with AAO. Got 15.000 Renown for it.
Having AAO is gold when you run in small groups.

Crust

Post#18 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:52 am

Like many have mentioned, both situations have pro's and cons. Also, youll find this post in any mmo...ever :) These things always fluctuate, people do random things and thatll always reflect ingame. But why would you roll dominant faction ?? it switches all the time and if you run with the zerg you are doing it wrong imo, feel free to do so but the real fun is in guild warbands/6 or 12 man premades... organisation goes a looooong way in this game. Runnin with a zerg implies you are without guild -> get organised, and i dont mean the ppl shouting orders and salt in /4 /1 :)

Ads
Kaelang

Post#19 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:15 pm

The population swings to zergs on both sides - it’s actually very balanced overall.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

jokerspsycho

Post#20 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:35 pm

I hear the server population count on the website isnt as accurate, but as of writing this, overall is 48/52 and as someone that played alliance in classic wow, that's a pretty solid split.