Recent Topics

Ads

[PQ] Hero/Champion-Solo Class?

Let's talk about... everything else
Pottsy

[PQ] Hero/Champion-Solo Class?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I really enjoy Public Quests and quite often find myself doing them alone, so I wondered in all your experience with different classes, which ones shine in that kind of Soloing. It would be really good to gain some nice loot bags in the process to keep well geared.

I don't mind whether recommended classes come from Destro or Order side.

Thank you guys :P

Ads
Kaelang

Re: [PQ] Hero/Champion-Solo Class?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:59 pm

Marauder / Magus on Destruction side are the farming classes.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Pottsy

Post#3 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:24 pm

Thank you Kaelang 👍

Panodil

Post#4 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:11 pm

Both dok and WP in melee
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

zulnam

Post#5 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:35 pm

You can easily solo easy PQs as a snb knight thanks to healing and damage auras.

But if you're looking for a class that can solo a hero there is none i'm afraid. Heroes do huge amounts of damage and require a group.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Vayra

Post#6 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:56 pm

zulnam wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:35 pm You can easily solo easy PQs as a snb knight thanks to healing and damage auras.

But if you're looking for a class that can solo a hero there is none i'm afraid. Heroes do huge amounts of damage and require a group.
Not level 40 heroes at least, but my Dominator geared DoK can solo heroes up to lvl 35 in pure dps spec. Haven't tried it in a proper sac spec for more healing yet.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Glorian

Post#7 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:51 pm

Wahr was soloing t4 lair Bosses on his IB in lunch breaks.
It is allways pretty narrow and there were allways tweaks on setup and gear to make it work.

zatoh

Post#8 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:53 pm

Engineer can solo heroes around low to mid 30s, haven't tried higher than that. Armor talis and tactic are good, I don't think you can kite endlessly without exposing yourself to melee for snaring.
I was trying to solo a 40 pq hero on swordmaster, could possibly have beaten it but someone came along and we killed it together. We agreed that the 10 minute time limit would probably have done me in, you need to keep that in mind too.

Ads
Pottsy

Post#9 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:30 pm

Wow, I'm amazed there are so many classes that can do it. Thanks for the answers, I'm stoked about getting started, just gotta choose which Class to go with now.

This Forum is really helpful 👍

Pottsy

Post#10 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:37 pm

zatoh wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:53 pm Engineer can solo heroes around low to mid 30s, haven't tried higher than that. Armor talis and tactic are good, I don't think you can kite endlessly without exposing yourself to melee for snaring.
I was trying to solo a 40 pq hero on swordmaster, could possibly have beaten it but someone came along and we killed it together. We agreed that the 10 minute time limit would probably have done me in, you need to keep that in mind too.
Zatoh,

Engineer isn't a class I've tried would you mind elaborating on the class a little because you sound experienced, like a guide on how to play effectively for the first 20 levels for example?

I have sent a video on YouTube of one tanking two WE that are attacking him, amazing skill but looks chaotic!