Recent Topics

Ads

The "Best PVP MMORPG" - what?

Let's talk about... everything else
Fatpig

Re: The "Best PVP MMORPG" - what?

Post#61 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:50 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:23 am All those rank 35-39 destro got farmed hard yesterday and my lvl17 char just felt right. No issues at all. I know for a fact, that the rank is not the reason for unbalanced scenarios. Hell, I out-healed everyone without even having group heal. The blame-game makes you feel better after losing but it doesn't make you a better player, keep that in mind.
Who's your Alt Sulorie? :)

I only went on a few games yesterday on Fingg, my choppa, but I've just hit 40 late yesterday. The grind starts again :)

Ads
Arcrival

Post#62 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Actually a couple of ideas came out of this that may warrant further discussion. So in 2016 I signed up played for a few and it was not that great. Now the team has done so much you have a great surge in population and its so much better even with some of the glaring issues.
So what about exploring some ideas?
Such as now with a healthier population what if the team looks at combining Tier 1 and 2 and then T3 and T4.
The bolster could be set at 1 tier above your natural tier. The level ranges are listed on the maps so a player in T2 could participate in T3 but not T4.
I am honestly not a fan of the bolster concept but those complaining hopefully understand that it is there to keep active game play at all levels going. I don't like getting stomped but you do get exposed and brought up in a brutal environment so it's got to drive you to play solid if you want to survive. That being said, I get the whole holy crap I can't touch these guys it sucks play, so maybe it's time to look at some break up not every tier but pairing it off some.
Do you think it is worth it? Is it too hard to implement? Will it generate more players or turn people away? Just throwing it out there good job dev team!
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen:

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#63 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:24 pm

Ok. Lets be clear. :)

Many suggestions and propositions are interesting, and some would clearly deserve to be tested.
BUT.
Point is :
- Team works on his own agenda.
- Team members work on the project when they have time/will to (and their involvement is actually extreme, according my own criterias), on the base of pure passion.
- The todolist is endless.
- Everything is important or critical depending who you ask.
- Hands are limited and ppl in the team are not interchangeable.

Voila :).

EsthelielSunfury

Post#64 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:24 pm Ok. Lets be clear. :)

Many suggestions and propositions are interesting, and some would clearly deserve to be tested.
BUT.
Point is :
- Team members work on the project when they have time/will to (and their involvement is actually extreme, according my own criterias), on the base of pure passion.

The point is to brainstorm ideas and suggestions so that enough people doing it can reach a refined final suggestion in the form of feedback that is understandable and able to be implemented in the server, if such a suggestion is found good enough anyway. Everyone knows they're volunteers, and no one is asking for it RIGHT NOW. Deterring discussion is the enemy of progress, which is unfortunately what happens here by players who have been playing longer.

bossabe

Post#65 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:29 am

was nice reading y all , help me sleep :P

Parallell86

Post#66 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:37 am

thewilling wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:52 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:06 pm "buff me so I can fight people who have spent years gaining experience/skills/teamsynergy on equal terms" or "nerf everyone down to my level so everyone fights like a newly born lvl 16 first time in T4".

When did I mention game sense, knowledge, skill, or coordination in my post? Or about balancing around level 16? Reading comprehension? I specifically addressed the immense imbalance that GEAR causes in PVP, which is especially prevalent when entering T2-T4 or when trying to gear a fresh 40. The difference that gear makes is insane and there is no experience or skill to implement when an enemy spammable takes off a quarter or third of your HP. Don't equate right clicking a few pieces of nice gear with skill. It's not fun for lowbies or anyone that needs to embark on this gear treadmill to be at all relevant. Just because most RvR is zergs running over each other and numbers matter doesn't mean you ignore individual stats, abilities, builds, etc and their impact.

Wiede wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:34 pm I see so many complains about this and yet everyone fails to gear up properly!

Get proper gear, socket your talis and own... At the latest with lvl25 you're a real thread to anything.

Sure you miss 3-4 skills and some tactics, some classes have their peaks at t1 and drop from there, some classes have their peak with RR70, but to say you are doomed to be useless is just a lie.

Sure you can grind out some "proper" gear then beg or grind some more for talismans just to not be insta deleted and be able to dumpster lesser geared players in scenarios just as you'll continue to be dumpstered by higher renown and better geared players. And then you out level the gear or reach 40 and what? That doesn't change the fundamental problem of gear imbalance.
No you just completely forget that this is a private server with way less players than there was on live, the merching tiers were ment to make the tiers feel less "dead". So the balancing is a sacrifice. Just level up dude. Or get some basic level 16 armor and weapons. As long as youre not a dumbass lonely ranger you can perform no worse than anyone else who managed to get passed level 16. (uhm to 40)

courtsdad1

Post#67 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:43 am

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:37 pm

BUT.
Point is :

The point is to brainstorm ideas and suggestions so that enough people doing it can reach a refined final suggestion in the form of feedback that is understandable and able to be implemented in the server, if such a suggestion is found good enough anyway. Everyone knows they're volunteers, and no one is asking for it RIGHT NOW. Deterring discussion is the enemy of progress, which is unfortunately what happens here by players who have been playing longer.
But you don't want progress, you want your way.

EsthelielSunfury

Post#68 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:28 pm

courtsdad1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:43 am

BUT.
Point is :

You certainly aren't helping at all. If you have a counter argument apart from L2P or Git Gud which is most I've heard, go ahead - otherwise, next.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#69 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:37 am
No you just completely forget that this is a private server with way less players than there was on live, the merching tiers were ment to make the tiers feel less "dead". So the balancing is a sacrifice. Just level up dude. Or get some basic level 16 armor and weapons. As long as youre not a dumbass lonely ranger you can perform no worse than anyone else who managed to get passed level 16. (uhm to 40)
We've actually bypassed concurrent users on a single server over what mythic had at their peak, several times, and multiple times over in RvR fights. Averaging 3k on a daily basis would have kept the game alive if their servers could handle it back in the day.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

courtsdad1

Post#70 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:31 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:28 pm
courtsdad1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:43 am
You certainly aren't helping at all. If you have a counter argument apart from L2P or Git Gud which is most I've heard, go ahead - otherwise, next.
But you see that is the exact answer, learn to play. There is no counter argument needed as you are just being childish with your whining and exaggerating the situation. Literally thousands of people have leveled up before you and have not had the issues to the extreme you pretend you are having. You don't want back and forth, you want your way.

So yes, learn to play and stick to actual issues or please just move along. The game was fine without you a month ago and it will be fine if you choose to leave.

Now if you care to make actual suggestions that don't involve your selfish desires or being held by the hand and pulled across the finish line then maybe you will be worth the effort.