Recent Topics

Ads

Stop SC's with no healer...

Let's talk about... everything else
Mordd

Stop SC's with no healer...

Post#1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:14 am

the match maker should never ever pop SCs where one side has healers and the other doesnt.

If you are going to pop stupid setups like that then remove the quitter debuff.

Ads
dalen
Developer

Re: Stop SC's with no healer...

Post#2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:39 am

It doesn't pop SCs without healers. When that happens it means that all healers in the queue that got the pop declined it. For normal SCs they are not aborted in this case however.
Source Developer

Sulorie

Post#3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:49 am

Mordd wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:14 am the match maker should never ever pop SCs where one side has healers and the other doesnt.

If you are going to pop stupid setups like that then remove the quitter debuff.
Don't queue solo, it helps.
Dying is no option.

Burgahboi

Post#4 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:41 am

Yeah the SC match making needs some work regardless imo starts with unbalanced numbers also which can really make things a uphill battle

AxelF

Post#5 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:03 am

Yes it's frustrating but if it starts with unbalanced numbers it's because players aren't taking the pop, nothing the system can do about that.

Lesnoj

Post#6 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:10 am

I am not sure if its just me but when I play dps and join scen we are lacking healers, but when I switch to my healer we are lacking dps and i am in a party with several healers. This is happes to me very often.

Arcrival

Post#7 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:32 pm

They can definitely code into scenarios requirements that is nothing new. Many games have had que setups that require for example 1 tank 1 healer 4 dps to launch. The only thing is it would most likely extend que lobby times. Small price to pay for a better experience. Post it in the proposal section with your idea. BTW that is an example I am not supporting or opposing a set group setup requirement. You could code it as 1 heal required as far as that goes.
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen:

dalen
Developer

Post#8 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:58 pm

Arcrival wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:32 pm They can definitely code into scenarios requirements that is nothing new. Many games have had que setups that require for example 1 tank 1 healer 4 dps to launch. The only thing is it would most likely extend que lobby times. Small price to pay for a better experience. Post it in the proposal section with your idea. BTW that is an example I am not supporting or opposing a set group setup requirement. You could code it as 1 heal required as far as that goes.
As I said, it already requires all archetypes on both sides. But if some players press decline you can end up with unbalanced scenarios. Only thing we can do then is to abort the SC or try to fill it with other players.

It might be possible in some way to abort the SC before porting people into it if too many people decline the pop. But that would require some rewriting of the current SC handling.
Source Developer

Ads
kayin

Post#9 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Also to add to dalen from a different perspective, its easy to your assume your an order player complaining about heals since there is a lack of people playing healers on order so queue times wouls be huge if you had to wait for them all the time. Think about that fir a bit.

jokerspsycho

Post#10 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:50 pm

I could be wrong about this, but it could also only require healing type classes, meaning, that dps Dok, shammy, zealot are considered healers regardless if they heal or not (normal sc's). I've had a handful of games, more recent, that I've gotten 0 or 1 healer on my team and it is rough for sure. Normally just do oRvR after 2-3.