Recent Topics

Ads

Greetings Warhammerons

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Metalbones
Posts: 7

Greetings Warhammerons

Post#1 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:19 pm

To the extent that this ROR version of AOR is incredible enough already I would have never thought that my next comment would even surmise a reaction at all, good or worse however, my thought is so:

Literally, and hopefully all MMO (and all games for that matter) can follow somewhat in the footsteps of this game however, my thought is so:

Literally, the only thing ROR or it's developers perhaps capable or perhaps requiring of a studio to work with in order to accomplish such a task:

Literally the only thing ROR "would need" and something that I'd someday in a dream position in life be able to help with:

Literally all it needs is a graphics update, to something even outdated like Unreal, or if with enough backing (ya know, like, even just 1% of the country saving hunk of cash that A FAILED GAME LIKE STAR CITIZEN REALLY IS) THAN PERHAPS the startup of a graphics overhaul front end (WHILE KEEPING ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL THE BACK END coding to this amazing version of AOR) than the devs could acquire lumberjack??? and this thing would really be repackagable.

Just a thought. I love the game enough as it is, it's UHMAZINGLY beautiful to play and experience. The sounds, the gfx, the menu system and characterizations, and the general shere of the game itself, it's one of a kind.
The community and MOST OF the players and all the staff are extremely kind and helpful and uniquely unlike any other online community that I've ever seen as far as video gaming is concerned. :D :D :D :D

I only looked over the first page of 'General' Discussion topics so if this idea has been in the works than great and my apology for sucking up more data space than needed.

Ads
User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 690

Re: Greetings Warhammerons

Post#2 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:25 pm

The developers here are volunteers, this is a private project and isn't a full time 'job'. None of the staff are paid and no revenue is gained from the server.

A graphic / engine update would take highly experienced developers years of work as well as a huge backing in funding. The IP for Warhammer Online isn't owned by the developers of RoR so they would have to build the game from the bottom.

It's not as easy as 'update to Unreal', it would be an entire redesign of the core game, engine and features. Without touching anything related to Warhammer Online - essentially what you're asking is for a new MMORPG with everything Warhammer had.
* Kaelang - Disciple of Khaine RR83 *
* PM me your worst exploits - I might have treats in return *


User avatar
EsthelielSunfury
Posts: 99

Re: Greetings Warhammerons

Post#3 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:19 pm

Why are you starting every sentence with literally? It makes no sense at all...

As Kaelang said, the IP isn't owned by a private server team, not even by the original developers - they just leased it for a time. I think the game looks fine for what it's trying to do, all the MMORPGs that have shiny animations and spell effects have been really terrible performance and gameplay wise - horrible balancing and clutter on the screen.

All it needs is to run better and make better use of modern resources and systems, but I'm not too sure the developers here can, or even would know how to do that unless they got their hands on the original source code. So horrible that gaming companies do not release that for preservation and use after the games are dead.

User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 690

Re: Greetings Warhammerons

Post#4 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:35 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:19 pm
Why are you starting every sentence with literally? It makes no sense at all...

As Kaelang said, the IP isn't owned by a private server team, not even by the original developers - they just leased it for a time. I think the game looks fine for what it's trying to do, all the MMORPGs that have shiny animations and spell effects have been really terrible performance and gameplay wise - horrible balancing and clutter on the screen.

All it needs is to run better and make better use of modern resources and systems, but I'm not too sure the developers here can, or even would know how to do that unless they got their hands on the original source code. So horrible that gaming companies do not release that for preservation and use after the games are dead.
They will have the code as that's what the engine runs (which is what RoR runs from). However re-engineering an engine to a fully optimised game requires a lot of manpower and funding on upgrades etc. So it's highly unlikely.
* Kaelang - Disciple of Khaine RR83 *
* PM me your worst exploits - I might have treats in return *


User avatar
EsthelielSunfury
Posts: 99

Re: Greetings Warhammerons

Post#5 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:05 am

Kaelang wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:35 pm
EsthelielSunfury wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:19 pm
Why are you starting every sentence with literally? It makes no sense at all...

As Kaelang said, the IP isn't owned by a private server team, not even by the original developers - they just leased it for a time. I think the game looks fine for what it's trying to do, all the MMORPGs that have shiny animations and spell effects have been really terrible performance and gameplay wise - horrible balancing and clutter on the screen.

All it needs is to run better and make better use of modern resources and systems, but I'm not too sure the developers here can, or even would know how to do that unless they got their hands on the original source code. So horrible that gaming companies do not release that for preservation and use after the games are dead.
They will have the code as that's what the engine runs (which is what RoR runs from). However re-engineering an engine to a fully optimised game requires a lot of manpower and funding on upgrades etc. So it's highly unlikely.
I was under the impression that they have only the client side files and not the server side of things, which is what private servers try to emulate by reverse engineering - NPC paths, quests, passives, buffs etc.

Metalbones
Posts: 7

Re: Greetings Warhammerons

Post#6 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:19 am

I've put a few (maybe 20+) more hours onto ROR since posting this and literally my new stance on the matter is that the game looks incredible as it is.

I understand the terms expressed and the legitimacy of a super bad ass over haul starting from scratch BUT LITERALLY using all the exact same ART DESIGN, questlines, mechanics of this game "IN ESSENCE".

I don't know enough yet about computers to realize copy and pasting ROR (or AOR) into a new graphics engine is as easy as the thought of doing it alone would allow one to determine initially.

Then again, work always did scare people... these days.

SaintRon
Posts: 44

Re: Greetings Warhammerons

Post#7 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:05 am

Metalbones wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:19 am
I've put a few (maybe 20+) more hours onto ROR since posting this and literally my new stance on the matter is that the game looks incredible as it is.

I understand the terms expressed and the legitimacy of a super bad ass over haul starting from scratch BUT LITERALLY using all the exact same ART DESIGN, questlines, mechanics of this game "IN ESSENCE".

I don't know enough yet about computers to realize copy and pasting ROR (or AOR) into a new graphics engine is as easy as the thought of doing it alone would allow one to determine initially.

Then again, work always did scare people... these days.
Buddy... it's easy to say "work always did scare people... these days." when you LITERALLY have no clue what you're talking about.

Metalbones
Posts: 7

Re: Greetings Warhammerons

Post#8 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Rude much? I have every clue what I'm talking about and 32 pieces of titanium drilled into my skeleton (i'll send your email xrays to prove this) know what I'm talking about. Bub.

Ads
Metalbones
Posts: 7

Re: Greetings Warhammerons

Post#9 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Why do you disrespect me?

Metalbones
Posts: 7

Re: Greetings Warhammerons

Post#10 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:24 pm

Mods please delete this thread. Thank you. I've stirred the bird nest too much it would seem.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EsthelielSunfury, Zarko and 35 guests

cron