Recent Topics

Ads

Has there been any significant changes to tiers since 2017?

Let's talk about... everything else
Althiya

Has there been any significant changes to tiers since 2017?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:46 pm

About two years ago I played the game for a week and had tons of fun with it, UNTIL I hit T2/lvl16.

If I recall correctly, at that point the game would throw you in with both T2 and T3 players who outclassed you in terms of skill/abilities, and the stat-boost "bolster" handicap was not enough to compensate for it (at least for the melee-DPS I played as).

Does the game have all 4 tiers separated yet? Or has there been any other changes that mitigate this problem? (If so, I would love to give it another try.)

Ads
CeeJay89

Re: Has there been any significant changes to tiers since 2017?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:50 pm

There are only two tiers for ORvR, and three for scenarios.

T1: 1 - 15
T4: 16 - 40

Scenarios are
T1: 1 - 15
T2/3: 16 - 39
T4: 40

Also, the bolster is definitely enough.

Sulorie

Post#3 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:21 pm

Althiya wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:46 pm
If I recall correctly, at that point the game would throw you in with both T2 and T3 players who outclassed you in terms of skill/abilities, and the stat-boost "bolster" handicap was not enough to compensate for it (at least for the melee-DPS I played as).
How do you know, that the bolster is not enough, when you don't play in a group with tank and healer and use good gear for your rank including talismans?
Dying is no option.

Kaelang

Post#4 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:22 pm

Bolster is extremely strong, I can't remember playing back in 2017 as I was pretty noob then and didn't really notice it. That being said, if you're a level 16 with a full Sacellum set and head into oRVR, you'll be dishing some real damage.

Then again, you obviously won't beat a geared 40 in a one-vs-one, because they have more skills, abilities and will have higher stats. But you won't be getting one shot by people.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.