Recent Topics

Ads

Close: answered :Balance changes summary

Let's talk about... everything else
Acidic

Re: Balance changes summary

Post#11 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:50 am

saupreusse wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:43 am I mean its a game you can only really play if you look at the full timeline. Azarael did hell of a lot more balancing back in the days. So 6 months is rather smoll aswell. I wasnt trying to prove you wrong showing these sw nerfs. Just wanted to give you a sense of what your post feels like to me ^^
Can understand the “feels” concept , that specifically is why I am trying to quantify as notes have little to no justification associated with. Change and balance forum lost its balance.
Only thing left is reverse engineer what happening as I really have difficulties with the changes as such and “riposte is meta and can’t change” and “rampage is fine” statements rather than justifications

Ads
Acidic

Re: Balance changes summary

Post#12 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:12 am

saupreusse wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:43 am I mean its a game you can only really play if you look at the full timeline. Azarael did hell of a lot more balancing back in the days. So 6 months is rather smoll aswell. I wasnt trying to prove you wrong showing these sw nerfs. Just wanted to give you a sense of what your post feels like to me ^^
Edit: but the biggest changes in ror history i remember from the top of my head atm is ranged dps m2 removal, Aoe/wb sw nerf, kotbs nerfs, book/chalice nerfs, sm resistance debuff stack nerf, wl/mara changes, proc meta nerf, shaman/am buffs, engi/mage buffs, resolute defense removal, asw/msq buff, we/wh changes. So i still say it goes both ways :)
Actually this probably answers the question I am trying to answe, even if indirectly.
Changes are not relevant directly , it’s a case of how do you measure a class as change per say is irrelevant as it depends on performance before / after change.
In short how do you quantify a class performance

zulnam

Re: Close: answered :Balance changes summary

Post#13 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:20 am

You missed the changes (nerfs) to 2h kotbs / chosen. Was Chosen even nerfed when they changed Runefang? I don't play the class but still see quite a few 2h chosens on the frontline.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Nefarian78

Post#14 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:47 am

zulnam wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:20 am You missed the changes (nerfs) to 2h kotbs / chosen. Was Chosen even nerfed when they changed Runefang? I don't play the class but still see quite a few 2h chosens on the frontline.
You see 2h Chosens purely because rule of cool. The class is far, far weaker than any of the other Tanks. Chosens received one of the hardest nerfs in RoR's history, which is the complete removal of Crippling Strikes in exchange of Memeclaw.

Never Forget. 30/12/2018.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Acidic

Post#15 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:52 am

zulnam wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:20 am You missed the changes (nerfs) to 2h kotbs / chosen. Was Chosen even nerfed when they changed Runefang? I don't play the class but still see quite a few 2h chosens on the frontline.
Did not miss it, was a change both sides so not appearing on list.
But regardless it’s irrelevant, same as the thread.

The reason I added close is as I was trying to verbalize a way to quantify things.

I must have been on a wired mindset when writing.
I was looking at the delta shown by the changes but completely missed the quantifying of the base line.
So in short just a waste of forum posts and should be closed/ locked