Recent Topics

Ads

XP and Renown in T1-T3 SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE!

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: XP and Renown in T1-T3 SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE!

Post#31 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:03 pm

Spoiler:
Duukar wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:11 am A little background on me. DEEP roots in DAoC with 8 man gank groups as my primary method of play. Plenty of high RR toons(Wiz,Cleric,Cabby,Warrior, Infil) with a recent stint on Phoenix. WAR online retail I was in Stag Party. We had the 1st lvl 40 Slayer EVER. One of the top 5 guilds on our server even though we only had 10 members(with regard to 6v6 guild duels). I'm a try hard basically.

Worried about AFK farmers?
Then add an AFK timer kick and SC cool down penalty. Make it 2 minutes without casting an ability. Give 5k for a win and 3k for a loss. I dunno. Everytime I waste 10 minutes and walk out with almost no reward it really disheartens me. Makes me VERY glad i got my WH to 40 in the extended Double Xp weekend last month.

I should not be trying as hard as I can for 15 minutes and walk out of it with a decent score in a loss(for a guard tank) and get 2.5k XP and 183 renown while they get 20k XP and 5k renown.. Thats totally bogus to suggest thats right.

Things have been improving for me as of late. Spam Queue Thunder mountain. For some reason even in a loss the rewards are better than other SCs. I got my full Conq set on my WH so thats helping. Im getting my spec hammered out and becoming more skilled..

Oh yeah.. I guess that means I've parked the Level 17 IB for now.. I can't bring myself to deal with the massive grind in low tiers due to loss rewards being sooo low..

My 2 cents. It can't hurt to have a look at rewards for T1-T3. I'm not AFK farming but I feel like I'm getting AFK farming rewards in a simple loss....
If you usually played as a hardcore 8 man rvr grp you MUST know what happen to puggers/soloers when playing this kind of MMOS. Let me ask...what kind of rewards received in DAOC the puggers that your 8 man grp slaughtered in rvr?? ANY. They received 0 reward after a long walk in frontier before get stomped.

You (as a experienced player) know what have to do to sucess in rvr/pvp, its your choice to do/dont. If you choose to pug alone deal with it.

Ads
Duukar

Post#32 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:55 pm

You think my 8 man group steam rolled solos? That's cute.

In the example I gave as a guard tank I got 2 Dbs and had quite a bit of damage on each target. In DAoC I would have gotten maybe 1.0-1.2k per kill. and then likely another 2-4k for the other 8 or 9 kills my groups took part in. Plenty of long rides back with no RPs in that game, but that wasnt what happened in my example. We got kills.

In DAoC I would also not be in RvR without max level and perfect gear.

WAR uses Scenarios as a method of leveling and gaining renown. Thats 39 levels of scenarios. You expect me to have a premade the whole time? Taking 10 losses in a row REALLY HURTS. Not just the ego but the bottom line which is levels and renown.

I'm not getting why you all are so opposed to some sort of standardized XP and renown for a loss in an SC. Its a real blockade to ALTs and new players alike.

EsthelielSunfury

Post#33 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:48 pm

If you're not getting it, it means you should have a look at the other posts in here too. It's been pointed out too many times already - if people got rewarded for doing nothing, which does happen very often on both sides, they will throw games and AFK at the base - perhaps not everyone will do it, but participation awards are what's destroyed any meaningful engagements in online PvP games. I will post it here again, just in case you missed it - your reward gets scaled up depending on how much of a fight the losing side put up. If you get a really bad group very often, just ask in LFG for mid-tier scenario premade.

Will you get the best players for it? Probably not, but your win ratio will very likely increase by a lot.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#34 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:23 pm

Spoiler:
Duukar wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:55 pm You think my 8 man group steam rolled solos? That's cute.

In the example I gave as a guard tank I got 2 Dbs and had quite a bit of damage on each target. In DAoC I would have gotten maybe 1.0-1.2k per kill. and then likely another 2-4k for the other 8 or 9 kills my groups took part in. Plenty of long rides back with no RPs in that game, but that wasnt what happened in my example. We got kills.

In DAoC I would also not be in RvR without max level and perfect gear.

WAR uses Scenarios as a method of leveling and gaining renown. Thats 39 levels of scenarios. You expect me to have a premade the whole time? Taking 10 losses in a row REALLY HURTS. Not just the ego but the bottom line which is levels and renown.

I'm not getting why you all are so opposed to some sort of standardized XP and renown for a loss in an SC. Its a real blockade to ALTs and new players alike.
You can get high reward losing SCs if you lose 450/500 => wich is fine and reward your effort to reach 450 points. If you lose 0/500 you get a really poor reward because you made a really poor effort. Maybe you made a high effort and the others member of your team do nothing....but SCs are a team game and reward the effort of the whole team. If you want to play solo its better that you stick to your WH and go ORVR to gank ppl.

hapache515

Post#35 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:28 am

Well another night of nothing but losses. Orvr, SCs, everything. Starting to get discouraged here. Pop is like 65% destro 35% order right now and from what im seeing, there is no reason to stay on order side, takes you two to three times longer to lvl your chrs? Need something to change.

Kaelang

Post#36 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:32 am

The XP and renown gained correlates to your teams performance, and therefore your performance. If you're finding you're facing premades too often, there's two options really. If you type .pug in-game, you will see which scenario is current set to the pug queue only, meaning groups of 2 or less are only eligible to queue for that specific instance.

Secondly, you could look in /5 for a premade team, join a guild and get on comms and try that?
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

mako482

Post#37 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:43 am

hapache515 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:28 am Well another night of nothing but losses. Orvr, SCs, everything. Starting to get discouraged here. Pop is like 65% destro 35% order right now and from what im seeing, there is no reason to stay on order side, takes you two to three times longer to lvl your chrs? Need something to change.
Which causes even more people to go destroy and the imbalance continues....but I was told that is all in my head.

courtsdad1

Post#38 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:25 am

mako482 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:43 am
hapache515 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:28 am Well another night of nothing but losses. Orvr, SCs, everything. Starting to get discouraged here. Pop is like 65% destro 35% order right now and from what im seeing, there is no reason to stay on order side, takes you two to three times longer to lvl your chrs? Need something to change.
Which causes even more people to go destroy and the imbalance continues....but I was told that is all in my head.
It swings periodically and also daily.

Ads