XP and Renown in T1-T3 SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE!

Let's talk about... everything else
Duukar

XP and Renown in T1-T3 SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE!

Post#1 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:39 am

The situation in T1-T3 in scenarios is in a VERY bad state at the moment.

There are MASSIVE imbalances going on in nearly every match with one side or the other being blown out match after match. I just finished a T1 scenario as a Guard Tank where I got 2 DBs in a VERY solid loss(meaning we got beat badly, which is normal in daytime NA for Order).

I got 1300 XP and 152 Renoun. The other team got 13,000 XP and 2000 Renoun on average!

This will happen 8/10 games at this time. Do you see why this is an issue?

I'm spending the same amount of time as they are and they are getting 106,000 XP and 16,304 Renoun while I am getting 36,400 XP and 5,216 Renoun FOR EXACTLY THE SAME TIME INVESTMENT. Thats if we win 2 of the 10 and they win 8. Often I see losing streaks that seem to be endless. It is simply not worth it.

I propose, respectfully, a re-balance of the end of scenario rewards for T1-T3 SCs. There should not be this big a difference between a win and a loss at this level. We are all trying our best to get to T4 and the process feels ENDLESS.....

Can someone from the Dev team weigh in on this idea? Things should not be this imbalanced and I'm sure this creates a snowball effect going into the higher tiers.

Ads
Stophy22

Re: XP and Renown in T1-T3 SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE!

Post#2 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:45 am

Try making a premade and take winning a little more serious as it directly correlates to your progression?
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Duukar

Post#3 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:14 am

None of my calculations include the Xp from win quests. So thats another 40-50k Xp differential.

Duukar

Post#4 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:18 am

Making a premade is a great idea!!

Then we face destro premades. Have you not noticed what a MASSIVE advantage destro has in ALL SCs?

This really isnt something that can be fixed with bringing other guildies in to suffer the imbalance in every aspect of scenarios in this game. I played order in retail and it was enough to make me quit. I guess I never learn!

Duukar

Post#5 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:19 am

Another loss.. 2.5k XP and 350 Renown to their 15-24k and 2k-3k Renown plus win XP from quest...

Plaguewall

Post#6 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:48 am

It's okay to be frustrated, Duukar, we all get that way sometimes. The population (and playerbase domination) swings from one side to the other over time so if you hang in there you'll find things eventually go your way. Then, after a few weeks of smashing face it'll swing back and you'll find yourself getting tarred again.

While it can be annoying I like to see the added difficulty as a challenge to improve my playstyle. I learn more about the opposing classes when I'm getting stomped than I do when we're rolling over them. The best thing to do is try to be patient, after a bad loss, have a look at what happened. Was it teamwork, level disparity, bad-team class makeup?

Every problem has a solution I've found. But it requires a bit of effort to find it and it can be a painful process finding it too.

Good luck.

Plaguewall

Duukar

Post#7 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:01 am

I agree there is always opportunity to learn. I'm just unsure why things need to be so painful during the process.

A win giving 15k Xp and 3K renown scaled up for level
A loss giving 10k XP and 2k renown scaled up for level.

That seems like a far more fair and fun way of doing things.

Although with the dud teams I'm seeing lately this may just be motivation to AFK farm.

McJigg

Post#8 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:30 am

Isn't the xp you get on a loss partially dependent on your score?

You need to be careful about over rewarding the loosing side, what you don't want is for people to math out it's faster to throw a bunch of games level up from chaining losses. It's happened in other MMOs. In fact, it happens now with people throwing T4 zones and forts so they can defend city.

Ads
geezereur

Post#9 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 am

Likeaboss

Post#10 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:45 am

That would be a good thing for open RvR too...

"You have been slain" but at least you tried it, here are 5k renown. :lol:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.