Recent Topics

Ads

XP - Population downfall again

Let's talk about... everything else
Ghostwalker

XP - Population downfall again

Post#1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:04 pm

So couple of weeks ago I mentioned about the FACT that when the XP is not x2 the population is down by 600-1k people, proven again correct this weekend just gone that x2 exp is preferred by a lot of players.

Personally i'd love to see a community poll on this subject, any thoughts?

Ads
Ruscour

Re: XP - Population downfall again

Post#2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:08 pm

If x2 is the standard then it's not special, you have an x4 weekend and the population will temporarily surge then go back to normal.

I really don't think the progression of the game is too slow, the thing that makes WAR cool is that you can get to the fun stuff straight away (i.e. SCs and RvR), which means there isn't anywhere near as much of a rush to max as there is in other MMOs.
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

Ghostwalker

Post#3 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:16 pm

Ruscour wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:08 pm you have an x4 weekend
I'd love to keep x2 XP and x1 renown forever, no x4 ever thats far too much xD

mytreds

Post#4 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:16 pm

I was in the game about two weeks before the March of Madness event. The population is much higher now than it was when I started. Today there were 200-300 people in three different RvR areas. Population is not declining due to no double XP, from what I’ve seen. I do not know if you saw, this Sunday’s IC siege had so many people the servers crashed.

Ghostwalker

Post#5 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:18 pm

mytreds wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:16 pm I was in the game about two weeks before the March of Madness event. The population is much higher now than it was when I started. Today there were 200-300 people in three different RvR areas. Population is not declining due to no double XP, from what I’ve seen. I do not know if you saw, this Sunday’s IC siege had so many people the servers crashed.
madness weekend peaked 3.5k+ I was there too, this xp weekend peaked 3.5k+ aswell...

Now it peaks 2.1k

That is huge decrease.

Player count :
2019/3500Up since:
2020-03-29 22:18:25

Aethilmar

Post#6 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:21 pm

You can expect the population to draw down in general as people who were only curious about the game move on to other things. It is the nature of the beast.

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:24 pm

you know that the current renown gain value is 2x already? So your last weeked was basically 4x.
people already losing memory of how slow the renown gains were a few years ago when even reaching rr40 was a long journey, not a weekends grind.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:25 pm

Ghostwalker wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Ruscour wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:08 pm you have an x4 weekend
I'd love to keep x2 XP and x1 renown forever, no x4 ever thats far too much xD
No thanks, we don't need even more weak players with low gear.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Ghostwalker

Post#9 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:25 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:21 pm You can expect the population to draw down in general as people who were only curious about the game move on to other things. It is the nature of the beast.
No no dude, there have been multiple different XP events recently and they have both shown that population increases to 3.5k+ when XP bonus is active, when its gone the population doesn't return to 3.5k but hovers around 2k

This was my point.

Ghostwalker

Post#10 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:30 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:24 pm you know that the current renown gain value is 2x already? So your last weeked was basically 4x.
people already losing memory of how slow the renown gains were a few years ago when even reaching rr40 was a long journey, not a weekends grind.
renown should be kept x1 always imo, means gaining RR is rewarding and has value.