Recent Topics

Ads

is toughness ok?

Let's talk about... everything else
anarchypark

is toughness ok?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:14 pm

anyone else felt dps are hitting harder than b4?
is it cuz of new gear? or my paranoia
It seems toughness + bouble mitigate less
it can't be right that lowbie WE killed my tank so easily haha.
anyone can test this plz?
since there's new duel ToK unlocks...
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Zxul

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:53 pm

anarchypark wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:14 pm anyone else felt dps are hitting harder than b4?
How lowbie? I run myself into some 20sh whs which with boost hit harder than 40 geared ones.

Toughness being insufficient though started with introduction of bloodlord gear- dps classes got too much crit, making FS3+ a must on anything which isn't intentionally a glass cannon.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

CountTalabecland

Post#3 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:26 am

Can confirm that trying to bring any reliable amount of toughness on anything other than a tank seems pointless. You are probably better off with wounds in all scenarios.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:56 am

Given the prevalence of morale bombs, I'd argue that raw HP through Wounds would be more useful than stacking Toughness. Even on a tank, though you'll get loads passively from tank gear anyway.

Zxul

Post#5 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:00 am

Combined with anticrit, its still good in small scale- better than armor at least, which gets ignored this or the other way by all order classes which matter.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Nefarian78

Post#6 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 am

Toughness provides next to nothing in smallscale fights. The difference there between a tank with 250 toughness and one with 500 is minuscule.

Toughness is okay for largescale fights, where mitigating 20+ sources of damage is worth it. Even if barely. Stacking it is still useless though, as what you should be worried in largescale fights is morale dumps, not sustained damage. Your block and armor are (in most cases) more than enough to mitigate sustained pressure.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Wiede

Post#7 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:20 am

Toughness is worth it on classes that have easy access to it and ways to boost their mitigation (Block, Disrupt, Armorpen-ignore, ...)

Mainly Tanks and Monstro Mara/Magus. ASW and mSH better stick to armor for defense cause of the double scaling.

hammerhead

Post#8 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:31 am

Both of my tanks have 750 * (unbuffed) tough and about 300+ ini wich 4.4K (buffed)armor. The standard WE crit me about 800, with skill without no CD for 35 ap. Non-standard ~900-1100. And it's not even a execute.

But tough itself works on dots and low dmg autoatack. And it cannot be ignored at all.
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:57 am

anarchypark wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:14 pm anyone else felt dps are hitting harder than b4?
i'm play only my IB since two months and i haven't noticed nothing strange about toughness. i have 600tough, 250 ini, 8k wounds and 4.4k armor and i don't feel squishy at all. i've never been killed by a WE, if i see that i'm losing the fight i simply kite her untill she is bored and go away.
i think that though is fine, it just doesn't worth to stack more than 600/700.
let put it that way: as a tank you must be resistant to all form of damage, toughness mitigate (mainly) aa and magical damage, armor mitigate phisical damage, ini (and FS) mitigate burst damage, avoidances mitigate all kind of damage (except for morals) and wounds mitigate morales damage (in the sense that wounds help you resist moral pushes). ignoring even only one of these stat make you squishy so once you reach 600 tough you should focus on the other stat.
Zputadenti

Wiede

Post#10 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:58 am

hammerhead wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:31 am Both of my tanks have 750 * (unbuffed) tough and about 300+ ini wich 4.4K (buffed)armor. The standard WE crit me about 800, with skill without no CD for 35 ap. Non-standard ~900-1100. And it's not even a execute
Thats what toughness is for... Else she would crit you for 1200-1400. Class mechanic...