Recent Topics

Ads

Disabling reviving inside a keep if outer door is tagged

Let's talk about... everything else
sogeou

Re: Disabling reviving inside a keep if outer door is tagged

Post#41 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:58 pm

warlover wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:07 pm If this idea is not liked, then perhaps just reducing the range at which you can get inside after dying would work but either way sieges should be adjusted to allow the attacker to actually....you know...siege.
The Problem is SOR not re-spawning in keeps STOP telling people how many people are in witch zone witch keeps are being hit etc, SOR kills the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

You are right, but SoR is the dev's baby. They think it is good for the game, but all it does is make people run to the zerg on the destro side.

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#42 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:46 pm

carthagerising wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:13 am So far it seems to have been positive. The attackers are now forced to cover posterns and remain active in the zones as well as at the siege itself when there is a wb inc trying to force their way inside the keep. In t3 elf the other day, we on destro forgot to prevent the entry into the keep and were unable to take the keep as a result.

It will take time for people to adapt and understand they now must do things differently but like i said so far it seems to be working out for both realms who have started to cut off the keep when sieging and move in greater numbers when attempting to reinforce.

the dynamic is now about holding the keep you are attacking once inside to prevent a critical mass getting inside. Wildly superior to the insane system of before where people chilling in altdorf or IC can just relax and walk into any keep anywhere in the wolrd with basically no pressure at all.
What the hell are you talking about? This change has only encouraged even more "matador defense" where you put up token resistance and move on to the next cap. The new "strategy" for keep defense is get there early or don't get there at all AND abandon the outer defense early or risk getting cut off. It actively reduces the incentive to fight and there is NO counter play for when you are outnumbered. "Works for both sides" ... you mean works for zerging side which is mostly Destro.

If the goal was to encourage more zone flips faster then mission accomplished. If the point was to encourage fighting for zones then abject (and predictable) failure. But you keep pushing out the PR for why your suggestion was great.

carthagerising

Post#43 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:01 pm

....and yet there have been plenty of outer defenses in the last few days so guess thats nonsense. If you are outnumbered seriously you should get to the keep early anyway as its hardly a surprise when the ram is gonna be spawned and run so thats a learn to play issue.

Also many keeps have been actively defended even against the odds and particularly at low pop times where it is harder to keep the blockade solid. Maybe not successfully but thats not really the point. Your post is just one inaccuracy after another so its hard to take you seriously.

Sucks to suck I guess. Anyway you dont like it fine, seems to have gone over well with most so thats all that matters. I know its crippling to your leaching to be able to cruise into a siege late from afking but some of us are out here trying to rvr and would like a system in place to prevent griefing from people who just go back to being afk once the push has been denied.

Also both cities are 2 stars now. the myth that only destro zergs is either from someone who only plays at a very specific time of day or more bull ****. Either way its nonsense.
Carthage 91 Chosen
Macedonia 83 Kotbs

Aethilmar

Post#44 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:53 pm

"sucks to suck" ... looks like I hit a nerve, eh Carthage. But, hey, lets play that game. You accuse me of leach-craft then I'll accuse you of zerg-surfing for bag rolls. And your statements are full of just as much BS as mine.

And, for the record, I play both sides and tend to log onto the underdog side (or at least what the pop counter says is the underdog). So I actually care about the ability to actively defend keeps and territory when outnumbered. And this change has just been horrible for that.

But, on the bright side, I guess I get to do more cities (yay?)