Recent Topics

Ads

can i play this game as solo player - pvp

Let's talk about... everything else
n00tyet

can i play this game as solo player - pvp

Post#1 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:20 am

hey i love pvp but i hate all kinds of group pvp, for me more than 4 players in same group is just too much and i prefer to play solo. Is this game for me then? can i for example fight on map with other people without getting **** on by group of 20 players? can i find my place as a solo player?

Ads
Sulorie

Re: can i play this game as solo player - pvp

Post#2 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:30 am

n00tyet wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:20 am hey i love pvp but i hate all kinds of group pvp, for me more than 4 players in same group is just too much and i prefer to play solo. Is this game for me then? can i for example fight on map with other people without getting **** on by group of 20 players? can i find my place as a solo player?
The balancing isn't made for 1vs1. There are classes being stronger in 1vs1 fights but this doesn't prevent you from encountering multiple enemies at once.
Dying is no option.

Drys

Post#3 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:33 am

Absolutely! I often do the same. Some classes are better suited for going solo than others. Like previous poster said, if a group shows up, they will probably run you over. But pick your spots and be prepared to run away if an enemy zerg shows up.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

n00tyet

Post#4 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:42 am

which class is good for 1v1 or 1v2 pvp ?

agemennon675

Post#5 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:48 am

I am in the same ship as you, if you choose to play solo you cannot get reasonable gear progression
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:42 am

Wh or We are the only true solo classes. All mdps need guard or die too fast. RDPS need heals and tanks are not fully utilised if they guarding, using hold the line, cc or parrying attacks. You miss out on group buff from various armor heal stat buff the list goes. Solo player are weaker more likely to die than a group buffed. To get round this join a wb get the buff gaurds there nothing playing on youre on but will be much better prepared for an engagement. There is a downside if wb leaders you are following orders or leeching you may get kicked from the warband.

Drys

Post#7 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:48 am

You can also prob solo with dps AM/Sham and WP/DOK builds.

It's sub-optimal, but healers could also tag along behind the zerg solo and toss out heals (you'd need good addons).
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Mystry
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:03 pm

Short and HONEST answer: No, you can't.

There is no system in place to accommodate 1v1 players, and even scenarios are next to useless because you can't get higher level gear out of them since the tokens they drop buy gear that is 'offspec'. Why the devs refuse to unify pvp currencies, I have no clue.

You either follow the zerg in the rvr lake, or you don't play the game. You don't get to do 6v6 or scenarios or 1v1s until you follow the zerg enough to get high RR and high gear.

Well alright fine you COULD do that, but you'll be worse than useless. Just TRY to do a scenario in mercenary or god forbid ruin gear.

Ads
Draugris

Post#9 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:04 pm

Well, of course, you can, if you will have fun doing that is another story though. I know it´s 2020 and people nowadays like to play MMO´s like a single-player game with chat, but Warhammer is a group-centric game where abilities synergize with another. So the game, in my opinion, start to unfold in group play.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

geezereur

Post#10 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:22 pm

Yes you can but its gonna be harder for you.