Recent Topics

Ads

can i play this game as solo player - pvp

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: can i play this game as solo player - pvp

Post#11 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Mystry wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:03 pm Short and HONEST answer: No, you can't.

There is no system in place to accommodate 1v1 players, and even scenarios are next to useless because you can't get higher level gear out of them since the tokens they drop buy gear that is 'offspec'. Why the devs refuse to unify pvp currencies, I have no clue.

You either follow the zerg in the rvr lake, or you don't play the game. You don't get to do 6v6 or scenarios or 1v1s until you follow the zerg enough to get high RR and high gear.

Well alright fine you COULD do that, but you'll be worse than useless. Just TRY to do a scenario in mercenary or god forbid ruin gear.
Hey there Mr. Toxic-pants. Chill out a bit. You make this game sound like **** and we're pretty sure it's not. If you're not having fun, don't drag other people down.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Twohandernoob

Post#12 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:31 pm

Of course! But its hard to succeed consistently. Which of course makes it the best thing to do.

Foofmonger

Post#13 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:35 pm

So most of the answers thus far have been bad, but some have been good, the best is probably "yes you can but its gonna be harder for you." and that's accurate.

So to be honest here, what we're really talking about is "solo grouping" as in, you are playing group content but you are soloed in (like scenarios, or ORvR open warbands), and then additionally "real soloing" which is 1vX roaming.

So lets talk about both of these things because this is different.

You can do ok in this game 1vX roaming, if you are very good, know exactly what you are doing, know how to pick your fights, have the right class, etc... it's pretty hard to pull off properly, and even if you can, you need to find the situations where you can even do this. That being said, this won't really progress you further so it's something you will do for fun if you pick the correct class and know how to do it. DPS AM/Shaman is a great choice here, WH/WE another.

For "Solo Grouping" as I mentioned above, you will need to learn how to play as a team. This is not a solo PvP game. Now that doesn't mean you can't learn how to play as a team "solo", I've historically had a bad habit of pugging too much, and you can get Sov (eventually) without ever joining a specific group and/or actually talking to anyone either in chat or VOIP. But this will take forever because you aren't optimizing your grind (since you are playing solo). Even then though, it's important when solo pugging in WBs and Scens to know how to play as a group. Now the actual details are going to be class/role specific, but what I mean by this is thus:

If you go into a scenario as a solo WH/WE, don't play near/with your team and try to look for solo ganks? You aren't solo playing as a group, you are just soloing playing, and you are a detriment to your group in the scenario, this is what not to do and is bad, you will just throw games for your team.

If you go into a scenario as a solo WH/WE, follow your group around, peel off opposing melee who attack your healers, get guarded and go in the frontlines and teamfight, etc... you are solo playing as a group, and you "may" be a benefit to your team in this scenario, this is what you should be doing (as a solo pugger) and is good.

So it's really about your own expectations of what "solo means", while this game isn't exactly DAOC or Everquest levels of "you must be grouped to do anything", it's also not at ESO or WOW levels of "you don't have to group at all!". It falls somewhere between those extremes.

noobwarrior

Post#14 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:40 pm

n00tyet wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:20 am hey i love pvp but i hate all kinds of group pvp, for me more than 4 players in same group is just too much and i prefer to play solo. Is this game for me then? can i for example fight on map with other people without getting **** on by group of 20 players? can i find my place as a solo player?
you say what i think ** and yes with support everyone can play noob
only as a solo player will you see if you have what it takes to kill :mrgreen:

phononHYPE

Post#15 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:41 pm

Solo healers are viable.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

bichka

Post#16 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:37 am

all my gold bags in rvr i got from solo kills, most of them from losing zone.

so if you see aao and huge zerg from opposite side - there your chance to get bags without zerging. If you lucky enough to do solo kill :). WE/WH

99.999% of time playing scs as solo, have full set and both weapons long time ago.

So yeah, it's possibru.

Crenshaw

Post#17 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:20 am

Its very much possible, just need to avoid classes and specs that are mostly focused on group combat like slayer or sword and shield knight. 90% of time i play i do it solo or with some pick up group and yet i almost have max rank and almost best in slot gear. It aint that hard but be prepared to face much more downtime than in organised guild. If you happen to be good player then people will often invite you to their groups and even one or two good lads on discord make a world of diffrence in this game, and may also provide with enjoyable group content.

Starx

Post#18 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:25 am

Engineer/Magus are the premier solo classes imo, new player friendly because you can just post up on a keep wall like a gargoyle and snipe kills and have fun from long range.

WH/WE.... you need gear and idk i feel like newer players will just get extremely frustrated playing mdps in general. Much harder to be successful on these classes solo in the lakes takes a full understanding of all aspects of the game and really imo comes short of other options.

DPS AM/Sham - good with gear, but the paths to getting good dps gear is either straight to sov, 10 billion scenarios, or a huge pve grind. You could try it with lower level gear and probably find some success.

WL isn't a bad solo class either, maybe easier than wh/we to get kills on but honestly it might have a much higher skill cap thanks to the pet and things you can do with it.

Just because you are solo doesn't mean you have to play by yourself, you can find plenty of pug open parties for RvR and solo queing scs.

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:00 am

Usually soloing on dok while keeps are being ranked up, then joining pug wb for keep fight.

Soloing is very possible, but you need to know how to spec your class (regular dps dok spec is free renown pinata without guard+healer for example), and you need to know all opposite side classes and how exactly do you fight vs each of them. Also prepare to grind for gear, you will need to get exact best parts pvp/pve for your spec.

Also be prepared to be zerged alot.

Also, it is better if you can join wb as needed- on my dok for example if I switch tactics/some armor parts I can take a heal spot in wb and do fine.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Garner

Post#20 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:38 pm

n00tyet wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:20 am hey i love pvp but i hate all kinds of group pvp, for me more than 4 players in same group is just too much and i prefer to play solo. Is this game for me then? can i for example fight on map with other people without getting **** on by group of 20 players? can i find my place as a solo player?
You will be able to 1v1, but you will have to search for it out in the lakes and play with a gank oriented playstyle. You should always expect them to have a hidden pocket healer or invis wh/we on standby.